PDA

View Full Version : rt classic

Adamk58
07-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Ok its been a while since I played and Im trying to get all my stuff working again. When I gas up my rt classic nothing happens. It doesnt leak but it does absolutely nothing when I pull the trigger. Its getting about 800 psi from the tank. Ive already taken it apart and oiled everything but it didnt help. Im guessing its an on/off or a sear issue but I cant figure it out. Thanks for the help.

BiNumber3
07-24-2009, 03:26 PM
have you tried turning up the velocity? also have you changed any parts?

I would take it completely apart n relube each o-ring, all the while cleaning up any debris or rust that may have built up in the valve (rare but it can happen)

Oh, and i think the rt classic has an air filter in the foregrip (i think it was in behind the hardline fitting), make sure that hasnt clogged up if it's still there

Adamk58
07-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Ill break it all the way down and give it a once over. As for the front grip I have it bypassed with a macroline. Also if I remember the pin that the trigger hits is adjustable. Could it possibly be out of adjustment and maybe its too long and hitting the trigger before its all the way out.

BiNumber3
07-24-2009, 03:33 PM
there should be a space between the trigger and the trigger pin when gassed up, if there isnt then u need to shorten the pin a bit. easiest way to do that is to heat up the pin around the threads with a lighter, n twist with pliers.

Adamk58
07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks. Thats what I need to do. The pin touches the back of the trigger. Ill give it a shot when I get home.

wimag
07-24-2009, 03:49 PM
back the banjo bolt out a quarter turn

Adamk58
07-24-2009, 03:51 PM
What will backing the banjo out a quarter do?

wimag
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
What will backing the banjo out a quarter do?

every classic RT i have/had, whenever i gorilla tightened the banjo bolt it would lock up. turning back the banjo bolt a touch always resets it for me. Worth a shot if anything before tweaking the trigger rod.

Adamk58
07-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Will do. Thanks for the help.