PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide on an anno scheme

Stayhuge
07-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Hi everyone. Have an X Mag on the way and the breech doesn't match. Not to mention the color is solid blue, too bright for me. I am going to get it reannoed, and can't decide what to do. Now, I am planning to get a DW Fibur barrel for it, so the barrel will be carbon fiber. These are the anno choices that I am tossing around:

1. Gloss: Brown and Black acid wash
2. Gloss: Grey and Black acid wash
3. Gloss: Maybe a fade, but prefer the acid wash
4. Gloss: Black (Single color)

I am open to suggestions, but I play a lot of woodsball, so I am looking for something that won't stand out in the woods. Thanks everyone!!!

BiNumber3
07-27-2009, 02:37 AM
i think the grey black acid might go well with the barrel, tho brown black would be my choice with a matchin barrel

Stayhuge
07-27-2009, 08:32 AM
i think the grey black acid might go well with the barrel, tho brown black would be my choice with a matchin barrel

Yea, I know. That is the dilema that I am in right now. Those are my two top choices. And I was leaning towards the grey and black, then I looked on 125 Custom's website, and I saw a bronze and black Gloss acid wash, and it looked amazing. Maybe instead of the DW I'll just go with a freak. I love my ss freak inserts, and just want to go with a barrel that will take them. Wanted to avoid Smartparts, but may not be able to. Thanks :cheers:

vf-xx
07-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Yea, I know. That is the dilema that I am in right now. Those are my two top choices. And I was leaning towards the grey and black, then I looked on 125 Custom's website, and I saw a bronze and black Gloss acid wash, and it looked amazing. Maybe instead of the DW I'll just go with a freak. I love my ss freak inserts, and just want to go with a barrel that will take them. Wanted to avoid Smartparts, but may not be able to. Thanks :cheers:

Find a barrel you like, get it bored out for freak inserts.

Can you do a dust acid wash? Grey/silver and Black dust acid wash would be very cool.

SSP REAPER
07-27-2009, 09:05 AM
deadly wind barrels will take freak inserts (that's what they are made for).
They were originally designed to offer an option to the stiffi barrel (weight wise) and still be as versatile as the freak system.

Stayhuge
07-27-2009, 10:39 AM
I can do dust. It would probably be cheaper too. I just liked the look of th gloss bronze and black acid wash. It was soooo sharp looking.

I also would love to go with the DW Fibur barrel. I had owned one of these in the past and loved it. Best barrel I ever had, hands down :hail: . But it would look a little weird with the Bronze and Black acid wash.

I also already have a DYE Ultralite that is bored for freak inserts. Problem is that it was a .690 bore prior to boring, so the largest insert that I can use is a .689. I usually under bore my paint anyway (Seems to be very efficient on gas, and the accuracy and distance seem to be a lot better). But this barrel will limit my options.

One thing that I am looking into is a WWA Freak back, which is pretty plain, then maybe an AA tip. I think that this will look pretty good with the X mag. But it's hard to picture all of these ideas. One thing that I am sure of is that if I go Bronze/Black acid wash, I will need a barrel to match, and if I go Grey/Black acid wash I can go with an annoed to match barrel or a DW. Oh the problems!!! :rolleyes:

Ruler_Mark
07-27-2009, 11:20 AM
reverse splash fade.

Stayhuge
07-27-2009, 12:08 PM
You mean like Bazooka Boy's blue and silver one? I think he won MOTM a while back. That looks sick. I have to see if 125 does that and how much more that would be. Looks complicated. Thanks for the suggestion!!!