PDA

View Full Version : May be a few stupid questions, but I am a newb to X mags

Stayhuge
07-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Got the Xmag in the mail today. It is a little dinged up, but I think the fresh coat of anno will do the trick. There are a few questions that I have though, and I hope that everyone can help me out:

1. When I plug the battery into the charger, and then into the wall or the car, the light doesn't light red or anything. Is that normal? Is it charging?
2. I want to take the feedneck off. I undid the set screws, but it looks like it is really on there. Any suggestions? And it's angel threaded right?
3. In pure electric mode, it seems like the trigger doesn't move at all. Then when I switch to mech or hybrid, it moves alot. Is this normal.
4. It has the Ace, of course, but when I set it to 01, because I had single colored paint, it woudl still fire if I didn't have paint in there. Does that mean that the Ace isn't working and I should just shoot with Eyes off?

Sorry if all of this seems noobish, I just never owned an E or X mag before. Very exciting, and I really like that Hybrid mode. I think I will be using that for the most part!!!

Thanks everyone.

A-Tach-One
07-29-2009, 10:13 PM
1. When plugging in the charger, the light should turn red first and once the light turns green it is about 80% full so leave it charging for another hour or so.

2.Xmag feednecks are pressed in, not threaded.

3. Sounds like you need to adjust the trigger travel. Pull the body off the frame and in the top of the selector switch there is a set screw that adjusts this. What trigger is it?

4. Trying adjusting your ACE but more than likely it is burned out. Clockwise = more sensitive counter clockwise = less sensitive

Stayhuge
07-29-2009, 10:58 PM
1. When plugging in the charger, the light should turn red first and once the light turns green it is about 80% full so leave it charging for another hour or so.
Crap, so I may have a bad charger?

2.Xmag feednecks are pressed in, not threaded.
How do I put an aftermarket feedneck on then?

3. Sounds like you need to adjust the trigger travel. Pull the body off the frame and in the top of the selector switch there is a set screw that adjusts this. What trigger is it?
It is the stock trigger. I am getting a tunablade in the mail prob tomorrow, so I will try that and set it then.

4. Trying adjusting your ACE but more than likely it is burned out. Clockwise = more sensitive counter clockwise = less sensitive
I'll give it a shot

Thank you A-Tach!! :cheers:

A-Tach-One
07-29-2009, 11:14 PM
It's possible your charger is bad. Im sure there are a couple guys here on AO who could repair it for you. Chris Nearchos or Tuna? Quick question though, is your wall charger a 12-Volt 1500mA?

A strap wrench usually takes the pressed feedneck out. You would need to purchase a Angel CCM 2" mid-rise neck or a 1.5" mid-pro. Angel style neck because that is the closest diameter. A 2" mid-rise or a 1.5" mid pro cause you need enough neck to be able to modify. Look the bottom of the feedtube in the breech. That is the shape you will need to duplicate. :D

You'll love the Tunablade. Just set the selector switch to Emode and adjust the trigger travel when you install your new trigger. :cheers:

Stayhuge
07-29-2009, 11:56 PM
:D Ok, the Charger box says 16.8V 650mAh, Input 10-15VDC. The wall charger says Input 110V ~60Hz, Output DC9V - 850MAH. The Car charger says 12v. Thats it. Also the wall charger smells like burnt rubber. Should I first go to Radioshack and get a new one at the specs that you wrote?

Thank you about the feed neck options, and I will take your advice about the trigger. Thank you for all of your help!!! :cheers:

A-Tach-One
07-30-2009, 12:04 AM
:D Ok, the Charger box says 16.8V 650mAh, Input 10-15VDC. The wall charger says Input 110V ~60Hz, Output DC9V - 850MAH. The Car charger says 12v. Thats it. Also the wall charger smells like burnt rubber. Should I first go to Radioshack and get a new one at the specs that you wrote?

Thank you about the feed neck options, and I will take your advice about the trigger. Thank you for all of your help!!! :cheers:

Interesting. No problem. Yeah Radioshack has the 12-Volt 1500mA AC-to-DC Power Adapter and use the blue tip and make sure the tip is inserted in the proper polarity. :cheers:

fishmishin
07-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Hey when you get a chance it would be nice to see some better pics of it other than the ones from the ebay listing. Just asking, I know thats not what you started this thread for, but come on Dan show that baby off. :hail:

Stayhuge
07-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I went to look and the fuse in the car charger is blown. I will take a trip to Radioshack and get the new charger and fuse. Hopefully that works. Thank you A-Tach, and I will PM you my valve numbers tomorrow so you can update the list. thank you :cheers:

Stayhuge
07-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey when you get a chance it would be nice to see some better pics of it other than the ones from the ebay listing. Just asking, I know thats not what you started this thread for, but come on Dan show that baby off. :hail:

I will, prob tomorrow, when I get a chance, so everyone can see the Before pics. She will be going to anno when I get back from vacation, then you will see what I saw as potential. I have a few real :ninja: things in the works. This will be the ONE for me!!! :bounce: