PDA

View Full Version : Could this work?

talls
02-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Well I sort of lost the sear pin that the sear rotates on. I went and bought a new one and was going to put it in but when I got home my mom had decided to throw away all the "useless" junk that was on my dresser. Long story short I have practice tommorrow and need to do something. I cut a golf tee to where it fits and rotates fine, but I was just wandering if this would break or cause any problems. It seems to be the same size as the sear pin, but it will just be a short term replacement until I can go to the store and get a new one.

RT 01037
02-01-2002, 10:02 PM
if you want to make a really good temporary sear pin use a good size nail and cut it to size and badabinbadaboom sear pin.

Dubstar112
02-01-2002, 10:04 PM
nah, just go to the hardware store, and im gonna take a wild guess like7 or 8 guage or so and pick up a pin

edit.. yeah the golf tee should work.. if you have a plastic one use that because the wood kind could smush a little

MikeCouves
02-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Yeah, but when your done I would definately get a new one :). I would try and use something that doesn't have a rough surface, so it slides smoothly, and has some strenth so it doesn't bend or smoosh. That is your best bet, to get a nail and sand it down smooth, and then cut it. Or go to the hardware store and find the right gauge, anf get musical wire. It sounds like it would be a guitar string but it is what is used when you put a trigger job on a Spyder. You can get it in various sizes/lengths and it is real strong...

Tim Jacobitz
02-02-2002, 01:06 PM
I have actually taken out a tongue ring at the field and cut it to size to get some kids mag working again. I know it sounds bad but you do what you have to do to play. That was how ever a very expensive tongue ring/sear pin. Btw it was a 8 gauge.