PDA

View Full Version : Humidity and bolt

ezcreation
08-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Alright I have now tuned I would say over 20 xvalves and recently have been facing a new issue (to me at least), mainly due to weather condition.

I usually tuned up my valves in my basement where humidity is around 60% but stable. No leak, and I can putmy finger and the L10 backs off.

Recently at one specific field by a river and in a forest I am getting bolt stick, but not right away. Usually after 20mn I start getting drop-off and bolt stick. My immediate solution was to put oil in the ASA, fire 10 times and I was fine for another hour.

Of course the rationnal solution would be to go to a larger carrier right on the spot but seriously I dont want to do that on the field.

Is there any miracle solution or is it the Archillus tendon of xvalves?

MANN
08-02-2009, 10:09 PM
we have horrible humidity here in TN. i have never had that problem.

ezcreation
08-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Well that problem only happens at that field. Any other with less tree coverage/water xvalve poses no problem...

Which is why I am stuck...

Spider-TW
08-02-2009, 10:49 PM
How's the air supply? I've been to a field with an old surplus compressor with little or no filtering. It is gasoline powered and there is plenty of dust available. My valve came out looking like it was shooting dirty co2 and my maxflo reg started leaking. Maybe your air is wet because of a bad dryer (or none).