PDA

View Full Version : Safety for a Dye grip frame

Posey
08-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Like the title says, I'd love to find a safety for a Dye grip frame with a two finger trigger. Any ideas?

Posey
08-10-2009, 02:15 AM
bumpitty bump

BiNumber3
08-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Appears that u have to thread hole for the set screw your self to get it to work, with i think DYE frames take AGD safetys, in which case you should be able to find one from Tuna, where ever else that carries stock mag parts.

If the hole for the saftey goes through both sides, it's most likely an AGD safety, if it's only on one side, it's a Benchmark style safety most likely.

Tunaman
08-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Takes an AGD safety, but not all frames were the best quality in this area. It is designed without threads for safety set screw. You can tap it 4-40 or leave it like that. You will loose the spring when taking the rail off...hence the reason AGD started tapping them... ;) If you have one that isn't tapped and would like a safety put in it just send it here and I'll take care of it. Email me. tunaman5@comcast.net Thanks

rifleman wi
08-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Takes an AGD safety, but not all frames were the best quality in this area. It is designed without threads for safety set screw. You can tap it 4-40 or leave it like that. You will loose the spring when taking the rail off...hence the reason AGD started tapping them... ;) If you have one that isn't tapped and would like a safety put in it just send it here and I'll take care of it. Email me. tunaman5@comcast.net Thanks

can you do powerlyte gripstyx frames also? i hate the safety thats on it now.

BiNumber3
08-11-2009, 12:45 AM
to convert the safety from the powerlyte (benchmark style) to and AGD style would require drilling and a different trigger at least I would think