PDA

View Full Version : What kinda mag should I get?

KiXiLe
02-02-2002, 01:26 AM
I have been looking into getting a mag for around 3 months now, and am getting close to making a purchase. I will be switching over from my cocker, which gave me nothing but problems and have some criteria for the gun I want:

1) It must not chop a lot of balls.

2) It must be easy to maintain.

3) High ROF please.

4) Fairly accurate. I want around 7 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being unattainable, of course).

5) Must not be difficult to short stroke.

6) I have ~500-700 to spend.

With this in mind, I was thinking along the lines of an RT valve (to decrease shoot down), and some sort of electric trigger frame (to eliminate short stroking). After that, just stuff like the HALO, foamie bolt, dye barrel, screw in air setup and I am set? What would you suggest? Let me know, and please feel free to critique my thoughts.

By the way, I don't have the greatest fingers in the world, so short stroking and firing fast have always been a problem for me (especially with that cocker!!)

-Kyle-

I look forward to becoming part of this group!

MAGS own YOU
02-02-2002, 07:47 AM
Go with the RT Pro. I have a regular mag and I played a game with one of these last week and I was rippin it up! It should also give you some money to buy some upgrades: Barrel, Drop, Grips, and/or a hopper.

MikeCouves
02-02-2002, 11:38 AM
Yeah I would definatly shoot for an RT Pro. That's a very reliable and very fast shooting marker. You need HPA/N2 for them though, so that will cost you extra money. But trust me, it will be worth it.

JEDI
02-02-2002, 04:02 PM
I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for my first mag, and all my exstensive research has lead to a RT pro. The ones I've shot are pretty bomb proof. It was all new to me and I never short stroked it or chopped a single ball out of 1000 rounds. Good luck man!

[NA]WARLORD
02-03-2002, 04:17 PM
Also the newer RT Pros have the AGD Intelliframes already installed. Saving money one the need for an aftermarket trigger, but if a Electric frame is what you desire, sell the Intelli and buy a Hyperframe.