PDA

View Full Version : Firing shot on air-up

georgeyew
08-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Why is it that sometimes when I am airing up my Mag (with XValve), the valve will fire once? I always have to make sure that I don't have paint on the marker when I am airing up. If it makes any difference, I always depress the sear pin after use.

Ando
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure what the reason is behind it firing but if you hold the trigger down when you air it up it won't do it.

vf-xx
08-05-2009, 02:47 PM
My understanding is that you're supposed to hold down the trigger when you air it up.

Similarly to how you're supposed to chrono the gun by holding the trigger down in between tests.

TwilightG
08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Do you have a ULT? This is very common for ULT's.. just hold down the trigger on gas-up :)

punkncat
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
If you don't pull your trigger after you de-gas that won't happen.

Set you safety before you unscrew the tank. Next time you air it up, it will be good.

xero28
08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Do you have a ULT? This is very common for ULT's.. just hold down the trigger on gas-up :)

Ditto. Pretty much always happens with my ULT. It will even do it sometimes if I have the trigger down. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that if I screw in the tank fast that it will not shoot this first shot. I think it has something to do with there not being enough air at first to set the bolt/sear, but there is enough to fire it? So by screwing the tank in faster it doesn't give the bolt time to be released before the sear catching it. :tard: I don't know, I just always make sure there's nothing in the breech.

georgeyew
08-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Yes this one does have ULT. But once in a while it will happen on my other Mags that have the regular RT on/offs, but not as often. I don't think that I can leave the trigger un-pulled because I always take the valve out to clean the bolt and spring after every play. So I'll try pulling the trigger while airing up. Glad to know that mine is not the only one :clap: