PDA

View Full Version : For you senerio players.. Waterpod

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
08-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Found this doing a different search. Thought it would be helpful for some of you senerio guys, Im never in a game long enough to need to take water on the field.

http://www.pbwaterpod.com/

:cheers:

DevilMan
08-05-2009, 06:08 PM
That's actually pretty cool idea.... would allow a lot of folks to use their gear for the water instead of having to do the camelbak route...

I'm impressed.... may not get one for some time, but wouldn't mind picking up a couple for those hot days. It's not like you can't use em as a standard canteen/water bottle..

DM

Sumthinwicked
08-05-2009, 06:11 PM
i have to look at these at home but i have been using pods like this for awhile LOL they make great beer mugs at big games while sitting at the fire :P

cougar20th
08-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Umm cool idea but how would you drink out of it with a mask on? I would think it would be difficult. Especally with a mask that the guard is hard plastic.

wetwrks
08-05-2009, 06:51 PM
I can see some noob taking their mask off during a game because they needed a drink.

BiNumber3
08-05-2009, 07:00 PM
n most fields kick u off instantly for mask removal, even if u only move it up a bit...

Sumthinwicked
08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
flex ize ;P gotta love em or bring a straw ?

Hilltop Customs
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
add a remote straw and its an ok idea, without that, it is a dangerous product.

DevilMan
08-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah I didn't look it over enough.... if it has one of those straws that slips down into the middle of the lid it'd be alright....

DM

Watcher
08-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Mike did a review on one of these when he reviewed his Flurry vest.

He was able to get it under his mask and tip his head back to get a drink, or he just poured it through the grille and didn't care about the splash and such...

I prefer the Camelbak, many vests come with pockets for them anyway.

FiXeL
08-05-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure if you have similar sized bottles, but what i also see in europe is that players just slip in a 0.5 liter soda/waterbottle in their pack. Usually i just hydrate between games, when i have to go back to the camp site to reload on paint. At biggames you are allready carrying alot of stuff and usually at mahlwinkel you arent longer in the field than 2 hours.

Ando
08-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Come on guys. You know very well they've thought of that and are in the process of accessorizing it. Just give them time.

FYI...

Military canteens have a hookup in the center to put a drinking apparatus while in MOPP Level-4 and have a slew of accessories so you can use it like a camelbak and what not.

gunman_2000
08-05-2009, 10:09 PM
there was a thread and review about these on MCB a few months back. neat lil product.

Dark Side
08-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Umm cool idea but how would you drink out of it with a mask on? I would think it would be difficult. Especally with a mask that the guard is hard plastic.

Bingo. That's why I'll never move away from a camelback.

snoopay700
08-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Come on guys. You know very well they've thought of that and are in the process of accessorizing it. Just give them time.

FYI...

Military canteens have a hookup in the center to put a drinking apparatus while in MOPP Level-4 and have a slew of accessories so you can use it like a camelbak and what not.
That is mentioned on the site, and they say to use it in the staging area or get one of the straw things, which makes it a rather useless product methinks.

Hook
08-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Good idea, but a regular 500ml bottle of water also fits perfectly in a pod pack. I've been using that for years without any problems, although I've recently switched to a camelback. That way, you don't need to be in the deadbox or staging area to drink.