PDA

View Full Version : Tom Kaye interview by Mike Wallis 1996

PumpMag
08-06-2009, 02:40 AM
Here's a great 1996 article on the history of the Automag with Tom Kaye and about the future of the sport. It covers the origin of the Automag, the powerfeed, compressed air systems, early development of the Perfect Circle Sniper Rounds, and the Automag Pump Conversion kit.

http://www.paintmagazine.com/wpaint2/mag.shtml

He seemed to predict the limited semi class (UWL) and open pump class (USPL) that we are seeing now on the tournament scene:

Tom: "I'd like to see the formation of an open class in semi-auto's that'd allow you to use anything you could bring, a sort of Formula One with sponsored teams using the latest and greatest. Then, some type of a limited class, where semi-autos are used, but they are limited to what they can use and a pump class would also be very nice."

snoopay700
08-06-2009, 04:25 AM
I think that's been posted before, if not i just found it on my own. Either way it's still a cool read, i wish i had been born sooner so i could have played when tom was actually active, especially since the field i go to a lot was his home field he tested his new markers at. I just feel like i missed out on so much. :rofl: