PDA

View Full Version : My random questions

Minimag4me
02-02-2002, 02:33 AM
every once and a while i come about some questions like:

1.What does WDP stand for?

2.Will AGD have retro valves at the LA open? How much?

3.What is the date(s) of the LA open(March i think)?

4.If i put a full retro on/off assembly in my minimag valve would the trigger feel/act like a retro valve?

5.If i did the pin/assembly thing(#4) i would only lack the shootdown advantage of the retro or would i...?

6.Will AGD redesign the powertube tip to work more effectively with superbolts because of the different powertube piston?

#4Note: reason for 4 was in the post about reg seats Black said the regulation starts at the chamber, so the retro on/off pin(thinner) it would have the reactivity of the retro(same psi hitting the pin)? In the AGD store it says in the discription of the retro/rt on/off pin that it contributes to the reactivity of the trigger.

BlackVCG:Regulation in the Mag begins at the air chamber. If you held the trigger back, thus closing the on/off, the air pressure up to the top of the pin would be roughly equivalent to the input from the tank.

Pin description:The Retro Valve On/Off Pin has a large head which makes it different from the Standard Valve. This feature contributes to the Reactive Trigger of the Retro Valve.

I had some more but i cant think of them now so i will edit this later with them. Thanks

ciaran.mooney
02-02-2002, 05:40 AM
WDP = Who Dares, Plays

Butterfingers
02-02-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Minimag4me
every once and a while i come about some questions like:

1.What does WDP stand for?

Who Dares Play it was a paintball field in England, a spinoff of the Special Air Service motto Who Dares Wins.

2.Will AGD have retro valves at the LA open? How much?

Dunno ask agd...

3.What is the date(s) of the LA open(March i think)?

Dunno Look at the events calander.

4.If i put a full retro on/off assembly in my minimag valve would the trigger feel/act like a retro valve?

No Look below for explaination.

5.If i did the pin/assembly thing(#4) i would only lack the shootdown advantage of the retro or would i...?

no... it wont even give an RT.

6.Will AGD redesign the powertube tip to work more effectively with superbolts because of the different powertube piston?

not that I know of.

#4Note: reason for 4 was in the post about reg seats Black said the regulation starts at the chamber, so the retro on/off pin(thinner) it would have the reactivity of the retro(same psi hitting the pin)? In the AGD store it says in the discription of the retro/rt on/off pin that it contributes to the reactivity of the trigger.

BlackVCG:Regulation in the Mag begins at the air chamber. If you held the trigger back, thus closing the on/off, the air pressure up to the top of the pin would be roughly equivalent to the input from the tank.

Pin description:The Retro Valve On/Off Pin has a large head which makes it different from the Standard Valve. This feature contributes to the Reactive Trigger of the Retro Valve.

I had some more but i cant think of them now so i will edit this later with them. Thanks

Nope, in the normal valve regulated air pushes against the on-off pin. The air is regulated before it even sees the chamber. Only in the retro valve does the regulation begin in the chamber. This the reason behind its super fast charge rate. Belive it or not the RT is just a by- product. The stepped on-off in the rt assy., will just lighten the trigger pull on the normal valve. Alot of people have tried this and liked it. Just as long as you are not the kind of person that tends to short stroke it might be worth it. The modification comes at the price of making the marker easier to short stroke.

Minimag4me
02-02-2002, 06:29 AM
Butterfingers: Thats what i thought too but if you read the classic post Reg Seats BlackVCG talks about this. The reason i am unsure is that retro valves dont have reg seats but they have reg seat o-rings instead. That post is about reg seats so i still dont know. So yes i am very confused:).

It also didnt say the date on the events calander about the LA open.

7. BlackVCG also says in that thread,"Oh, BTW - while you are at it, with the velocity adjuster nut on the back tight and the spring pack and piston in the housing, take off the reg. body from the front valve half and then pull out just the reg. valve pin (the thing that looks like a german hand grenade). With the seat in the pocket on the valve, take that pin and put it through the hole it normally goes through so that the long end of the pin rests in the little pocket of the piston. Then hold it straight up so that the bottom of the pin faces the ceiling and look at the gap between the closest end of the pin to the reg. seat. That's the air flow gap that is between the reg. valve pin and the seat.

Want more proof that the 8-hole mods. can't flow anymore air than the stock reg. or proof that the on/off valve isn't the choke point? Well, do what I just said and you'll see why."

I always thought the on/off was the choke point. I did this and i still dont understand. Where is the choke point if the on/off isnt?

Butterfingers
02-02-2002, 06:57 AM
The RT technically does have a reg seat. Its an assembly with a brass holder and 2 o-rings, one in front the other in back.

The on/off can be a choke point. It chokes the air when people short stroke. The hyperframe can actuate the stock mag valve at 16 bps and there is no visible shootdown. Once the trigger stroke is perfect it becomes a matter of how fast air can flow through the internal passageways of the mag.

Bad Dave
02-02-2002, 07:13 AM
Back when I was shooting a standard mag I looked into ways to get 100% performance from a mag. I spoke to John Sosta and he said that you could put an RT on/off into the mag valve.

It will change the trigger feel but it will still not be reactive like the retro valve.

You will have to change the length of the on/off pin slightly to match your gun in particular, in so doing you will need the appropriate tools and skills.

Hope that helps.