PDA

View Full Version : xmag pressure issue

MrSprinkles
08-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I am just now trying to put my xmag back together after 2 years without using it and I'm getting this problem: when I shoot it with paint in it the gun fires a few times then shutters like it isn't getting enough air. it makes a pffffffffffffffffffffft POP sound like air is venting out and then the bolt pops back to the ready position. It does this every few shots. The paintball will typically just dribble out the barrel. What is wrong with it? any advice?

Ando
08-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I am just now trying to put my xmag back together after 2 years without using it and I'm getting this problem: when I shoot it with paint in it the gun fires a few times then shutters like it isn't getting enough air. it makes a pffffffffffffffffffffft POP sound like air is venting out and then the bolt pops back to the ready position. It does this every few shots. The paintball will typically just dribble out the barrel. What is wrong with it? any advice?

Go with a longer spring maybe :confused:

After the shutter ck to see if your bolt isn't sticking out. See if you can manually reset it with your finger or some other long apparatus.

maniacmechanic
08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
2 years in a closet , First feed me some oil ; a bunch , then check my reg piston , mabey sticking ?

flyingpootang
08-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Your L10 bolt is sticking slightly forward (hissing) then resting (poppng noise) If you added 3-5 drops should be fine. Use the next largest L10 carrier with the same carrier o-ring (white) until the sticking is cured . If you don't remember it's line = 1 size and a dot = 1/2 size carrier. 1 lines and a dot = 1.5 carrier. The next biggest size carrier is a 2 line carrier.....

Tym
08-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Sounds like a Level 10 issue. As stated above, feed it lots of oil. You should oil every o-ring you can get at, and put another 5 - 6 drops in the asa/macro fitting to the valve.

Check the on/off pin make sure it's not bent.

If it still happens, Change the lvl 10 carrier out for a larger one, You want the largest carrier that does not leak.. Then use shims to fine tune it..