PDA

View Full Version : Lv10 not resetting

Xceolite
08-07-2009, 05:10 PM
have a L10 installed in a x valave and with a ULT or reg on\off pin, the bolt stops on my finger and will not reset. Cycles fine otherwise. Will reset on a peice of macroline.

I have followed normal procedures to set up the lv10. largest carrier (2) installed without leaking, two shims installed in the power tube. Ihave tryed the red spring and the biggest spring installed. Same problem. I have put a 2.5 (which leaked) and when i installed a 1.5 the same thing happened.

I have taken all shims out of the power tube and have installed up to 5 shims with same result.

probably going to replace all orings in the valve next.

Any other sugestions?

secretweaponevan
08-07-2009, 05:16 PM
have a L10 installed in a x valave and with a ULT or reg on\off pin, the bolt stops on my finger and will not reset. Cycles fine otherwise. Will reset on a peice of macroline.

I have followed normal procedures to set up the lv10. largest carrier (2) installed without leaking, two shims installed in the power tube. Ihave tryed the red spring and the biggest spring installed. Same problem. I have put a 2.5 (which leaked) and when i installed a 1.5 the same thing happened.

I have taken all shims out of the power tube and have installed up to 5 shims with same result.

probably going to replace all orings in the valve next.

Any other sugestions?

Sounds like you are following the instructions, but...
If the bolt fails to reset after a jam, add a Level 10 shim. (Be sure you aren't adding ULT shims, which are equal to 1/2 a Level 10 shim.)

If the bolt fails to reset even when dry firing and not encountering a jam, you have too tight a carrier in there.

Does it hang after EVERY jam?
Play with your field strip screw's tightness. It can be finicky sometimes.

athomas
08-08-2009, 04:47 PM
If the bolt jams but does not vent, then adding powertube shims will help. If the bolt vents but does not reset, then adding powertube shims will not help.

It is possible that you have a dirty or bad carrier oring. That could be causing you to use a carrier that is tighter than needed. Another possibility is if you are using a ULT and you have too many ULT shims installed.

RobAGD
08-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Dont forget you can also tweak teh reset using a bit still bolt spring as well if you can't get it to reset adjusting the shim stack.

-R

ezcreation
08-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I say the ULT is the cause

Xceolite
08-09-2009, 10:32 PM
thanks for the input.
Only two shims are in the ULT and I am using a red spring.
Will try cleaning and replacing the o-rings

Tym
08-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Bolt stick is a funny thing, I would start with the most simple thing first. Then go to the more complex things..

First try tightening the field strip screw. Use an alankey if you have to.
Then move on to the harder things to check, like spings shims and o-rings..

If You are using the hardest spring and it's still not resetting, I would be inclined to say your carrier is to tight..

Xceolite
08-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Ok, so it ended up being the bolt. Replaced the L10 bolt with another one I had and that solved it. Shoots like a champ and I don't think it could chop play-doh now.

The side of the bolt seems to be rubbing on the spring. Anyone seen this or heard about it? :confused:

Thinking about sanding it so it doesn't do this.

athomas
08-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe your bolt stem is not properly fastened in the bolt. It is very rare but has happened. That would explain the bolt spring running the side of the bolt and it would also explain the bolt stick under all conditions. You may need to have it properly reattached.

Xceolite
08-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Maybe your bolt stem is not properly fastened in the bolt. It is very rare but has happened. That would explain the bolt spring running the side of the bolt and it would also explain the bolt stick under all conditions. You may need to have it properly reattached.

Very interetsing......
Thanks!