PDA

View Full Version : Pump Rod Specs

gunangel
08-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey guys, I just acquired a pump mag and it doesn't seem to be resetting correctly.

Upon inspection it looks like the pump rod (the one that goes in the rail and resets the bolt) seems worn.

Now I have the tools to make another one, but I don't know what a correct one looks like.

If someone could post a picture of theirs next to a ruler with possibly specs on the point where certain bends are I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks~

Ando
08-07-2009, 07:28 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/15hy7o0.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/27xqtjk.jpg

gunangel
08-07-2009, 11:49 PM
wow thank you very much!

Ando
08-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Lol...Last time I pulled those rulers out was about 2yrs ago.

gunangel
08-08-2009, 05:01 AM
They are amazingly precise lol. Thanks for the help, now if i could only get the valve to cycle consistently.

Ando
08-08-2009, 05:48 AM
Usually just tweaking the end that touches the bolt will do the job. (more of a bend)

gunangel
08-08-2009, 06:51 PM
thanks for the input!

after looking at the old end (which was rounded) i grinded myself a new rod with a flat end, and it turns out the bolt had a completely round edge i guess from being used to much. the problem i have right now is getting the marker to work with an rt on/off any input?

Ando
08-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Hmm...Try a stock on/off and see if it works. If it does stay with it. A RT on/off on a pump isn't really needed and you won't get any benefit out of it.

mr doo doo
08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
i'm sure its possible. what's up with it? classic valve im assuming? i'f i could use an x-valve with an ULT, this should work too, haha.

gunangel
08-08-2009, 10:57 PM
so back story, i bought all the parts of a mag to build a pump mag including a air america reg back and an rt on/off, but couldn't find a pump kit. then i happened to come across an amazing deal on a complete pump mag. so i've been slowly transfering parts from the other mag to this mag and i've been running into problems along the way :(

but, with the rt on/off it doesn't seem like it's pressurizing.
the trigger is stiff, but it won't shoot.
when i do manage to get it to shoot (multiple pulls, degas, regas), i can hear the dump chamber filling slowly before each shot.

edit:
just tried the classic it works fine, i just figured it would make a slightly lighter trigger pull and kick back a little stronger with the rt on/off.

I tried my x-valve and for some reason it's not cylcing, but then again it's been sitting around for a while, but the weight difference is hilarious lol.

ah the finickyness of mags how i love it!

mr doo doo
08-09-2009, 06:06 PM
hmmm, going to be honest and say that i dont know what's going on when you have the RT on/off installed :confused:, sorry. maybe something to do with the o-rings?

there was a guy on here that had a pump mag which was working off a level 10, and a RT on/off (it was an x-valve). he said it worked flawlessly, so im sure anything's possible, haha.

and yea, i agree with your last statement. when i switch to my x-valve, sometimes it'll work great, then not work once i get in-game, haha.