PDA

View Full Version : Prototype

Maghog
08-09-2009, 09:18 AM
These are two prototype triggers that I am working on. One is more intended to support the "walking" technique(pic #2), and the other is geared towards those who use their middle finger more than the index finger. Tell me what you think of the design and let me know what else you'd like to see on there. Then I start producing.
Dan@Triggernomics

http://triggernomics.us/static/Prototype_8_8_2009_IMG_4824.jpg

http://triggernomics.us/static/Prototype_8_8_2009_IMG_4822.jpg

Storminnorman
08-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Functioning art. I have a trigger that Dan made for my dm3 and I love it. In ten years of play it is the best trigger I have ever owned in every aspect. If you get one of these triggers you wont regret it.

punkncat
08-09-2009, 10:46 AM
The top one looks like a slightly revised Angel 1 trigger, and the bottom a revised Borg trigger.

Shirow
08-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Very nice, I love the look of #1!

tasker89
08-09-2009, 11:07 AM
# 1 is very sharp looking!

Maghog
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
The top one looks like a slightly revised Angel 1 trigger, and the bottom a revised Borg trigger.

Do you have pictures of those triggers?
I can't recall them. It would interest me though.
Dan

punkncat
08-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry, not on hand.

The A1 trigger is easy enough to find on APS' website. The other, the borg will be a bit harder. The one I am talking about specifically is on an 06 Xfighter$ Borg....looks very similar to me.

Don't get me wrong. Great work on your part, just my impression.

Rudz
08-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I like the first one a lot

Btw dan lmk when your stateside so we can work on my zframe trigger :clap:

Maghog
08-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I like the first one a lot

Btw dan lmk when your stateside so we can work on my zframe trigger :clap:

Haven't forgotten about you Rudz. I'll be in touch next week.
Dan

vf-xx
08-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Ooooh, Pretty shiney.

They both look very good. Any chance you could set them side by side, espeically with a stock intelli trigger, just for reference?

Ruler_Mark
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
id roch either,, however a sexy trigger for a Zgrip is soemthing on my 2-buy

wetwrks
08-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Trigger stops. We need trigger stops. :D

chafnerjr
08-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Trigger stops. We need trigger stops. :D
I think that was the first thing I thought too. :D

Shirow
08-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Well, put me down for one of #1, trigger stops or not :)

Automagsam
08-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Make any mini triggers....?????

going_home
08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Do you have pictures of those triggers?
I can't recall them. It would interest me though.
Dan

Angel One

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/angelmarie123_2007/DSCN0991.jpg

X Fighter$ Borg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/muldin12/DSC_0434.jpg

;)

secretweaponevan
08-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Angel One

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/angelmarie123_2007/DSCN0991.jpg

X Fighter$ Borg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/muldin12/DSC_0434.jpg

;)

I see. The profiles are somewhat similar. You can only get so many different trigger designs. However, both of those are missing the sweaty sexiness that Dan's have.

Chrome
08-09-2009, 10:22 PM
[cough]single triggers?[cough]

Sumthinwicked
08-09-2009, 11:49 PM
i agree with chrome my benchmark trig i like but its the only one avalible

Automagsam
08-10-2009, 12:15 AM
The triggers are nice, but if I were to get one I'd want to snag one with some trigger stops. The angel was even nicer though....

chafnerjr
08-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Having a version of trigger #1 in my hands... it's nothing like the angel triggers. It's much smoother and meatier. Easily twice the thickness... but still much lighter than it looks! I'd imagine trigger #2 to be very similar in thickness to #1 but with the obvious differences you can see between the pic's at the top.

Maghog
08-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Single triggers will not be a problem, neither will be tapping a trigger stop if that's what you want.
That angel trigger is kind of nice, looks like it's well rounded.
FYI-at this point in time I'm only going to be making Mag triggers, and nothing else. I'm going to fly to the states for a small vacation and when I get back I'll change my website to start taking orders.
Dan

pk5
08-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Will these be available as emag trigger?

vf-xx
08-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Put me down for one of #2 with trigger stops.

Then I need to figure out how to do something horrid: making it dust black.... :ninja:

Maghog
08-10-2009, 11:14 AM
No production e-mag triggers for now. I do one-offs every now and then, but they are too costly for me to produce efficiently. If you want one, I'll be happy to make it, but it'll cost at least 250$.
Dan

snoopay700
08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
They look great, and expensive. ;)

Looper
08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm going to fly to the states for a small vacation and when I get back I'll change my website to start taking orders.
DanAre you going to the (207) area? If so let me know if you want to shoot some paint at the local field in Gorham, I have a few markers you can use :D

Chrome
08-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Single triggers will not be a problem, neither will be tapping a trigger stop if that's what you want.
That angel trigger is kind of nice, looks like it's well rounded.
FYI-at this point in time I'm only going to be making Mag triggers, and nothing else. I'm going to fly to the states for a small vacation and when I get back I'll change my website to start taking orders.
Dan

Thank you! :) I'll be keeping an eye out for the web site update.

. . . and I checked out your profile - your work shows a fine jeweler's skill. :cheers:

Chris
08-12-2009, 11:57 PM
The first one is perfect :ninja:

pump
08-13-2009, 01:32 AM
i desire single trigger versions

Shirow
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
What's up with these?

Maghog
08-28-2009, 11:58 AM
I just got back to the workshop yesterday after a short vacation. I am now taking orders and will be adjusting the website accordingly soon. I already have five done, and I have at least ten more orders to fill, so if you want one, get in touch and get on board!
Dan

Jaron
08-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Dang I get some red Xs instead of pictures. Did the images move or is my work blocking them?

Smoothice
08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Dang I get some red Xs instead of pictures. Did the images move or is my work blocking them?

i think it is your work. They are working on my screen.

vf-xx
08-28-2009, 12:37 PM
i think it is your work. They are working on my screen.

You sure you're machine isn't just pulling the images from Cache?

I'm not seeing the pictures today either, and triggernomics.us seems to be down.

So, either I've got the wrong website (very possible), or it's down.

I am interested in pricing on these.

Smoothice
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
You sure you're machine isn't just pulling the images from Cache?

I guess that is possible. Lucky me ;)

Smoothice
08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I guess that is possible. Lucky me ;)

and since i'm so lucky. I will share it with everyone

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/forum%20pics/trig1.jpg

Newt
08-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Those look very comfortable and well made. I'm liking the looks of the middle finger "blade" style. What kind of pricing and volume are you looking at if this gets some steam?

The only thing I'd really want to see added is a bearing.

Maghog
08-31-2009, 03:17 AM
I am going to be putting in a trigger stop, but I'm not going to start messing around with roller bearings just yet....maybe someday. As far as pricing goes, I can say that they will be in the 60-70$ range (shipped) it's going to be a bit more specific when the site is changed. I'll basically be selling triggers one by one...first come, first serve, that kind of deal. I don't know if I can keep up otherwise. I've been pretty surprised by the demand now as it is. I'm moving full steam ahead though and website changes are underway.
Dan

Chace
08-31-2009, 06:24 AM
I would like to see something like the stock trigger on an EGO, with the exception of having it start the 'roll' if you will, a little higher up. I tend to have my index finger ride up to the top of the trigger whilst walking it.

BenoitOWN
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Do they get the Rt effect on the x-valve good? As you said it was for the walking technique.

I might start on another mag and that thing would look nice on what im thinking right now.

Maghog
09-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Using the trigger with the hook like curve of on the bottom is the nicer of the two for the RT effect. You're touching on the concept I have going for these triggers. I think each setup can be matched with a certain style of trigger to optimize the playing experience.
I'm still on it.
Dan

Maghog
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Update: I've had a major mishap guys: my 1984 East German Mechanical coping saw broke on me today, and it's not something I can repair. A new one is going to cost me a chunk of cash that I don't have right now. I'll use the down time cleaning up stuff on the website, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to be delaying the release of my production stuff for at least another month or so.
Dan

snoopay700
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Update: I've had a major mishap guys: my 1984 East German Mechanical coping saw broke on me today, and it's not something I can repair. A new one is going to cost me a chunk of cash that I don't have right now. I'll use the down time cleaning up stuff on the website, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to be delaying the release of my production stuff for at least another month or so.
Dan
Man that really stinks. Good luck to you on getting a new one when you do, i hope it doesn't break the bank too much.

Maghog
09-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Yeah it looks like I'm done for gang. I tried all night to fix that old beast, but it's just not happening. I really wanted to do this for Mag fans and no one else, but I can't justify buying a 1000$ machine just so I can make a few of you happy.
I'll finish off the five triggers I started and raffle them off at some point. I'm glad that I at least got to fill the orders I had without running into problems then.

Sorry, but until I run into a bundle of riches,(I'll try to sell one of my guns)I'm taking a vacation on trigger production. :cry:
Dan

snoopay700
09-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah it looks like I'm done for gang. I tried all night to fix that old beast, but it's just not happening. I really wanted to do this for Mag fans and no one else, but I can't justify buying a 1000$ machine just so I can make a few of you happy.
I'll finish off the five triggers I started and raffle them off at some point. I'm glad that I at least got to fill the orders I had without running into problems then.

Sorry, but until I run into a bundle of riches,(I'll try to sell one of my guns)I'm taking a vacation on trigger production. :cry:
Dan
That really sucks, and not because you can't make the triggers but because you're out a grand and can't really do any projects it seems.

Rudz
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM
That absolutely sucks, these triggers are fantastic, now I kinda feel bad cuz mine got finished...

But there's something that can be done to help you, dare I say it? Will I be stoned to death? Banned?

Pre order? I'm sure some pre orders would definitely help you get the money you need for your saw

Maghog
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
That absolutely sucks, these triggers are fantastic, now I kinda feel bad cuz mine got finished...

But there's something that can be done to help you, dare I say it? Will I be stoned to death? Banned?

Pre order? I'm sure some pre orders would definitely help you get the money you need for your saw

Thanks for the idea Rudz, however, I was really hoping to cater to each person individually instead of racking up a bunch of orders and churn out a product just to make a buck.

I'm still going to find a way to do this....it'll just take more time.
Dan

vf-xx
09-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Limp by on a cheap ebay scroll saw?

Maghog
09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
I could get one new for 75 dollars. It would last about a half a day and I could throw it out. These saws are like harley's, when they run, they hold their value forever. I actually got really lucky when I found mine 8 years ago. I paid only 700$ for it, and it was already 17 years old. Most models like mine in the shape it was would still be worth twice as much. It put up with a lot over the years, and helped me make 5 TLC's, so it was worth every penny.
New, they are around 1800-2000. I just have to keep looking and wait for another deal to come along and I'll be back in business.

vf-xx
09-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I could get one new for 75 dollars. It would last about a half a day and I could throw it out. These saws are like harley's, when they run, they hold their value forever. I actually got really lucky when I found mine 8 years ago. I paid only 700$ for it, and it was already 17 years old. Most models like mine in the shape it was would still be worth twice as much. It put up with a lot over the years, and helped me make 5 TLC's, so it was worth every penny.
New, they are around 1800-2000. I just have to keep looking and wait for another deal to come along and I'll be back in business.

I suspected it was something like that.

Any chance you can recoup a little bit of your costs by selling yours off for parts?

For that matter, how is yours not fixable?

tesguy
09-10-2009, 06:02 PM
damn sexy!

Chris
09-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry to hear about the machinery problems, Dan. Hope that you can get it all sorted out, since I know this is something that you enjoy doing.

Maghog
09-11-2009, 02:56 AM
I suspected it was something like that.

Any chance you can recoup a little bit of your costs by selling yours off for parts?

For that matter, how is yours not fixable?

The massive dovetail guide plates have worn out, so instead of going up and down, the whole saw head jostles about, meaning you can't get a straight cut. It also just causes the blades to break right away.
here's the saw in action, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_pS5akhJQ8
If I did a new vid of it, you'd hear a lot of metal banging around.

To fix it, I'd have to make an entirely new chassis for it, and that would be way too expensive and time consuming.
Parting it out is not really possible either since it's actually a rather rare model from East Germany. I'm really surprised it wore out at all.
I'm on it though, as soon as I can scrape the cash together, I'm getting another one. I just have to clear it with the boss (my wife) first.
Dan