PDA

View Full Version : ULT pin

Ebbed
08-09-2009, 07:44 PM
I have been playing with my Tac One for a while now, and want to increase the rate of fire, while still being considered “mechanical”. I ordered one of RPG’s splinter pro triggers I have a ULT already installed. I was told the trigger stops make a huge difference. The reason I’m posting is to find out about shortening my ULT pin. Right now I have 7 shims in, if I add one more it prevents me from putting the whole assembly back into the body. Someone told me I could add more shims making it a lighter pull by grinding the pin down. Is there anyone who sells pre- ground pins?

Xceolite
08-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Are you not RTing with 7 shims? I have always with that many installed.
By adding shims you are shortning the ULT pin. So grinding it will do the same thing. Kind of redundant to me.

But no, I havn't heard of preground ULT pins. If you have access to a grinder, i'm sure it would be easy to do.
Hope this helps.

I have been playing with my Tac One for a while now, and want to increase the rate of fire, while still being considered “mechanical”. I ordered one of RPG’s splinter pro triggers I have a ULT already installed. I was told the trigger stops make a huge difference. The reason I’m posting is to find out about shortening my ULT pin. Right now I have 7 shims in, if I add one more it prevents me from putting the whole assembly back into the body. Someone told me I could add more shims making it a lighter pull by grinding the pin down. Is there anyone who sells pre- ground pins?

Ando
08-09-2009, 11:36 PM
DUDE!?!?!? 7 shims? Freken crazy :eek:

That's awesome bud but you don't need to do anything to your pin to go crazy on the electro kids at your field. I can't believe you even have a pin still sticking out of your ULT. :rofl:

All you need is some crazy air pressure running through your marker. Find an adj reg that will hit 1200 psi and you'll get what your wanting. Might have to pull some of those shims out thou :rolleyes:

Go with a AA Armageddon or 2nd/3rd Gen Max Flow reg. I have 3 shims in my ult and running 1050 psi to the gun. I can SS or RT with it depending what I need. Unless you get lucky, the regs aren't going to come cheap. Shop around here, nation, CCF or MCB. I'm sure you'll find one somewhere.

Tym
08-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Yeah Dude. What Ando said, Get a nice high pressure, high flow reg.. I've got a 3rd gen Max-flo putting out up to 1400 PSI, at 1400 I RT at 27 BPS..

Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so7dMhj-8jY)

The ULT totally removes your RT. So slap a stock on/off in that baby and crank the Pressure input up..

Xceolite
08-10-2009, 09:06 AM
The ULT totally removes your RT. So slap a stock on/off in that baby and crank the Pressure input up..[/QUOTE]
Really? I have always got RT from all (5) ULT's i have installed. More shims=more RT.
Installing a emag ON/Off will also RT.
Edit: These tecniques will get you RTing with lower pressure (850-950psi). I agree 1300-1400psi will get you RTing.

Another thing you could do to get a shorter trigger pull is to drill the hole in the sear higher. Luke offers this service. Scroll down on the page.
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0027.htm
I did it myself, but it wasn't very easy to do.

Spazmok
08-10-2009, 01:38 PM
actually I have the same deal going on with the ult kit I have in my rt-ule xvalve mag. I have 7 shims worth in that ult it as well (actually 5 ult shims and 1 xvalve shim) and the pin is still sticking up a fair amount. It shoots pretty darn nice right now, but I know it could be shimmed/shortened some more without having the valve run away. however I also cant shim it anymore as one more shim makes the stack too tall so when I insert the on/off into the valve, I then cannot put the valve back into the marker.

Ebbed
08-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I have a ninja reg. my output pressure is 950. I don't know if i can get more shims for my reg to push it any higher.
I really like the sear mod idea, after reading the page i still wasn't convinced its safe for my marker, did anyone ever have nay problems with this mod?

Flatliner333
08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Mine will RT at around 800psi input with an RT on off and shaving a little off the pin. :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J2fltuKYyE

Spider-TW
08-10-2009, 04:30 PM
If you have the little tool marks on your sear where it hits the on/off pin, you can polish those off. They are worth about 0.005 inches, or one ULT shim. Smoother is usually better anyway. ;)

Xceolite
08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
The only problem i had with the sear mod was drilling the hole.

End result was good though.