PDA

View Full Version : Chillis power, resembles Paintball GUN. Intresting

Beemer
08-10-2009, 01:36 AM
India Working on a Chili (Hot Pepper) Grenade

India’s ‘Hottest’ New Weapons Powered by Chilli
By David Hambling | July 20, 2009 | 1:15 pm

India’s military is getting ready to deploy weapons-grade chillis for counter-insurgency and riot control. The Indian Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is harnessing the super-hot bhut jolokia chilli pepper as an alternative to tear gas as a filling for grenades, Asia Times notes.
Chili-based weapons have been around for years — think “pepper spray” — and are gaining popularity in the U.S. The bhut jolokia could take the spicy arms up several notches; it is rated the hottest chili in the world.
The active ingredient in chillis is Oleoresin Capsicum (OC), a complex mixture of organic compounds. Aficionados rate the hotness of chills using the Scoville scale, which measures the amount of dilution needed before the heat is no longer detectable to a panel of tasters. Bell peppers have a rating of zero, Jalapenos can rate up to 8,000, and Habanero and scotch bonnets a blistering 100,000. The Jolokia rates just over a million on this scale. (Existing OC “pepper pray” weapons using the refined product go over two million Scoville units.)
Capsaicin is nature’s own chemical weapon, targeting specific vulnerable nerve cells and generating the feeling of severe burning — without actual damage. OC causes immediate inflammation of skin and mucous membranes: instantly, eyes shut and breathing becomes difficult. Couple that with the burning sensation, and you have one extremely unhappy camper.In the 1970’s researchers developed OC-based “pepper spray” as an alternative to existing riot control agents such as CS gas.
OC was little used until 1989, when a FBI study indicated that OC was safer than the alternatives. By 1992, over 2,000 police forces were using OC spray. There were, however, a number of deaths in custody and arguments about whether OC can kill have continued. Meanwhile researchers have developed a synthetic chemical with the same sort of effects as OC, known as pelargonic acid vanillylamide, or PAVA.
The big problem with sprays are their limited ranges. In response, there’s been a surge in weapons firing PepperBalls and similar projectiles, which resemble paintballs — but burst on impact, producing a cloud of disabling powder. PepperBall themselves market a range of weapons resembling paintball guns, as well as the four-shot SA-4 which combines impact with ten times as much pepper as a standard pepper ammo.
Other companies are producing weapons that look more like conventional firearms. Real Action Paintball Inc. recently launched a Black Bird pistol and RAP68 Tactical Paintball Shotgun. Both have variable muzzle velocity which can be set to less than 300 fett per second for paintball games, or higher for tactical uses. The pistol holds eight rounds and is claimed to be the most compact pistol of its kind, the pump-action shotgun carried eight rounds and closely resembles a regular shotgun.
This type of weaponry is not available to the military; pepper is classified as a chemical weapon. But celebrity bounty hunter Duane “Dog” Chapman, for one, is a fan. “What I’ve got will put a mule to his knees,” he told Fox News.The other problem is that the effects of OC and PAVA are essentially pain. Early (7-14 Watt) Tasers relied on a pain to stop their targets, until an embarrassing demonstration in 1995 showed that motivated individuals could fight off the effects; the latest generation produces “uncontrollable muscle contractions capable of incapacitating even the most focused and aggressive combatants,” according to Taser International.
In contrast, as this video of U.S. Marine training shows, recruits are expected to be tough enough keep fighting after being sprayed.
The Indian chilli grenade might work on some people, but trained Marines and others could probably eat it up ask ask for a side-order of naan

http://afpakwar.com/blog/2009/07/20/india-working-on-a-chili-hot-pepper-grenade/

Sumthinwicked
08-10-2009, 02:00 AM
tippman some tiberius arms LOL imagin a ball break with that ehhh scarey

Tym
08-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Lol, Yeah I picture the tippmann A5 Like a pepper mill..
And if you use FDA approved oil you can have a nice spicy stir fry after you clean your marker..

drg
08-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Honestly the interesting part of the story is that they are somehow using jolokia peppers. The rest of it, the paintball part, is old news already ... it's been old news since the pepperball was invented.

vf-xx
08-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Personally I want a TPX with a few mags of pepperballs for home defense.

If nothing else the bore size will be intimidating...

Automagsam
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Sweet now I can carry a gun in my kitchen, get some "Tabasco" balls and shoot my mexican meals...

Ando
08-10-2009, 12:45 PM
OMG...Damn Indians are going to kill people with jolokia peppers. :rofl: They're the hottest peppers in the world.

I've been in the CS chamber many a times and let me tell you it's no joke, same with the pepper balls. I can't imagine what these things are going to do to people.

I'd have to say it's borderline Inhumane ... :rofl: but what ever get the job done :headbang:

Beemer
08-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Honestly the interesting part of the story is that they are somehow using jolokia peppers. The rest of it, the paintball part, is old news already ... it's been old news since the pepperball was invented.

Ya I know but I guess you missed the bolded parts. Here let me help you with some key words. Resembles and Tactical.

My paintball GUN that resembles a shotgun is fine untill I change the payload and up the velocity, then it becomes a tactical weapon. Heres a fact for all to consider. Your Paintball gun as is, is considered a weapon if used in a threating manner. Jawbreakers or marbles for a payload will work. I dont need a firearm. :eek:

Automagsam
08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Ya I know but I guess you missed the bolded parts. Here let me help you with some key words. Resembles and Tactical.

My paintball GUN that resembles a shotgun is fine untill I change the payload and up the velocity, then it becomes a tactical weapon. Heres a fact for all to consider. Your Paintball gun as is, is considered a weapon if used in a threating manner. Jawbreakers or marbles for a payload will work. I dont need a firearm. :eek:

Lol any paintball gun is a weapon... There is no getting around it. They aren't toys even though people love the things.

drg
08-13-2009, 10:37 PM

Did you miss the tactical crossover weapons like the Veritas/Tiberius guns? Or the general proliferation of tactical-styled paintball guns these days?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2008-denver-veritas2.jpg

Heck normal paintguns have been used tactically for years and years ...

http://www.gapsucks.org/gwa/history/wto/usatodayphoto1.jpg

http://www.anthemsalgado.com/cop_with_rubber_bullets.jpg

Like I said this hasn't been news since the Pepperball was first invented. Again the truly interesting part is the use of jolokia peppers. Which really are delicious peppers.

pump
08-14-2009, 03:26 PM
veritas needs to make a civilian version that uses FS rounds

Watcher
08-14-2009, 05:27 PM
My PLB already sounds like a shotty being raked when I cock it, if I could pepper it up I wouldn't need a handgun for home-defense...

Well, we can thank Tom yet again. Perfect Circle Paintballs led to the first pepperball...

Hexis
08-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Lends a whole new interpretation to "Hit me with a shot of that hot sauce!".

Automagsam
08-15-2009, 12:25 AM
they use tippmans on dog the bounty hunter thought it should be said.

pump
09-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Did you miss the tactical crossover weapons like the Veritas/Tiberius guns? Or the general proliferation of tactical-styled paintball guns these days?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2008-denver-veritas2.jpg

Heck normal paintguns have been used tactically for years and years ...

http://www.gapsucks.org/gwa/history/wto/usatodayphoto1.jpg

http://www.anthemsalgado.com/cop_with_rubber_bullets.jpg

Like I said this hasn't been news since the Pepperball was first invented. Again the truly interesting part is the use of jolokia peppers. Which really are delicious peppers.

veritas needs to make a civilian version that uses FS rounds
http://www.tiberiusarms.com/t4_features.html

sorry if someone posted this monster already but i just proved that my opinion is being watched by industry leaders
:rofl:

oh and i got to pull the trigger of one today, thats why im upping this
and the trigger is better than a mag without ULT, but not better than one with imo