PDA

View Full Version : why did agd put the powerfeed on their markers??

mica
08-10-2009, 07:18 AM
ok here it comes.. everytime i take a look at my minimag i start thinking.. why did agd use's a powerfeed on there markers and didnt use a feednek just like any other marker??
from that time period.

i know agd has centerfeed mainbody's but you dont see them alot on the older mags.

srry for the crappy english.

cougar20th
08-10-2009, 07:29 AM
When it was designed was when their were only gravity feed loaders. It was a way to eliminate the effects of blowback. Instead of the ball being blown back & pushing up the rest of the balls. The powerfeed gives the ball something to push against. Thus no affecting the remaining balls in the feedneck.

drg
08-10-2009, 07:31 AM
"Any other marker" at the time the automag was invented did not have just a feedneck, by which I assume you mean vertical/center feed. That wasn't invented yet, all direct feed markers at the time were either right or left feed.

mica
08-10-2009, 07:35 AM
a ok that makes sens..
thx for the info

TwilightG
08-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Also remember that when centerfeeds were first introduced, most markers had quite a long feed to keep many balls on the stack. (also helping to reduce the effects of blowback)

snoopay700
08-10-2009, 02:29 PM
When it was designed was when their were only gravity feed loaders. It was a way to eliminate the effects of blowback. Instead of the ball being blown back & pushing up the rest of the balls. The powerfeed gives the ball something to push against. Thus no affecting the remaining balls in the feedneck.
Yeah but by the level 7 mags the blowback problems had all been fixed, but people liked the powerfeed, which is why you saw it on so many other markers, even some old shockers i think.

drg
08-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah but by the level 7 mags the blowback problems had all been fixed, but people liked the powerfeed, which is why you saw it on so many other markers, even some old shockers i think.

The seeds of agg :p