PDA

View Full Version : this conversatio is still one of the most interesting in all of paintball

cockerpunk
08-11-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2397602&page=35

ok, yeah its the conversation with billy gardner from smart parts that took place 2 years or so ago on PBN. now, i have long since understood why and how SP did what they did ever since i got to sit down and talk to billy once. so the smart parts hating isn't even the biggest reason why i found myself reading the thread again.

its the people involved in the conversation.

warbeak, obviously a well known AGD lover
pnuemagger, engineer and AGD lover
me, a bit a very very immature me, its quite embarrassing really to read those posts again
realtortommy, now sponsored by SP
and the most interesting bit, is the number of future PBN mods, rippin on PBN.

a pet project of mine since entering the world of internet paintball politics has been people watching. it is very very interesting to watch and see what is happening simply as an observer sometimes. i often wish i could hold my tongue in some cases and just watch.

senghing27
08-11-2009, 09:03 AM
I remember the SP thread.... Do we still have the threads with everybody going... OMGGGG THEY POSTED!!!

*searches*

cockerpunk
08-11-2009, 09:36 AM
i think as far as the technical side of paintball we have a new younger generation of players. my goal has always been getting them together in one space. yoda, ydna, lurker/snipez, xbulen, spitlebug, leftystrikesback, azreal, and others vwho have education and experience comparable to the ledgends in paintball. but in terms of the politics, we still have mainly the key figures we had before. idk, i found it interesting re-reading it simply to put usernames next to posts and see the changes. i know i myself have changed since then, i matured somewhat, but my positions remain much the same.

people watching is always fun.

DUFF MUFFIN
08-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Can someone sum up that 97 page thread? I'm too lazy to read it all.

vf-xx
08-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Can someone sum up that 97 page thread? I'm too lazy to read it all.

SP Blows and is a terror to the community.

No, we're not, we're a buisness.

No you're an evil bastage....

Etc...

That's the short short version.

tasker89
08-11-2009, 11:47 AM
No, we're not, we're a buisness.

Except in the movies and comic books, when do the bad guys ever really recognize themselves as "bad"?? :rofl:

Shirow
08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I hope I speak for all of us when I say.. Smart Parts can take their magic box and insert it in a rear facing orifice.

vf-xx
08-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I hope I speak for all of us when I say.. Smart Parts can take their magic box and insert it in a rear facing orifice.

ROTFL..... Really. Ask my coworkers..... Thanks...

wimag
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
i often wish i could hold my tongue in some cases and just watch.

that would be nice.

SCpoloRicker
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
that would be nice.

*snert*

:)

drg
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
that would be nice.

:rofl:

zondo
08-11-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm trying to remove one... I can send it their way then.

buzzboy
08-11-2009, 10:55 PM
you should run for president. with responses like that ... wow, you dodged every attack you've been charged with, without responding to a single one!
I lolled pretty hard at that one. Oh, and here's my two cyber cents for using a lol now that it's been copywrited. rofl

LK-13
08-12-2009, 10:34 AM

then patent it!

Shirow
08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Made by losers.. for losers.

Richter
08-12-2009, 11:01 PM
wish we had paintballcity archived somewhere;

minimag03
08-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Our college team went to play at their field last season. They had agreed to give us a break on paint and air, as we were driving over an hour to play the AA Heros. The owners made us pay MORE than regular prices when we got there because it was a slow day.

I want to punch both of the twins in the face, but then I'd get sued.

BigTrucker
08-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Our college team went to play at their field last season. They had agreed to give us a break on paint and air, as we were driving over an hour to play the AA Heros. The owners made us pay MORE than regular prices when we got there because it was a slow day.

I want to punch both of the twins in the face, but then I'd get sued.
I would of took $5-$10 of the Hundres you and your team gave them and put it in my gas tank and drove over an hour back home. :cuss: