PDA

View Full Version : R/T valve and Hyperflow Troubles

pinkanese
08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
SO I have my Retro valved Z-mag set up, and I went to play with it. I set my Cenerflag Hyperflow 201 all the way in to get it to r/t faster, well after a while the tank reg begins to leak out the front, like through the hole for the allen key to adjust it. If you wait a while the leak stops. The next problem is that I aired my mag up a few days after playing with it, the tank was almost empty, and the valve started leaking form the hole in the side. I appreciate any help, I am not really new to mags, just to old tanks and r/t style valves.

Ruler_Mark
08-11-2009, 10:57 PM
It is the variable re-sealable bleeder piston.

Dump your tank for safety.

Unscrew the knob all the way off take the spring out you will see a brass piston, take it out with some needle nose.

THere is a set screw on the top of the piston, tighten it down. Volia you can now goto a higher pressure without it bleeding.

pinkanese
08-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks I will get to that when I get home, but can anyone tell me about the leak fromt eh Retro Valve?

secretweaponevan
08-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Regulator Piston O-ring?

I'm not 100% sure. athomas, tunaman or one of the other gurus will know for sure.

Ruler_Mark
08-14-2009, 08:28 AM
hole in the side means yet again another piston problem, either A you need a new oring on the piston B a tab of grease or C something else is really fubar'ed