PDA

View Full Version : Halo on one 9V?

xero28
08-11-2009, 11:24 PM
So I went out to play a few weeks ago and I take out my Halo V35. I go to plug in the batteries and see that one of the wires to one of the 9v connectors is off. I didn't have the tools to fix it so I just went with my Revvy for the day.

I took the Halo out a couple of nights ago to see about fixing the connection. I didn't fix it yet, but I was also thinking, can you run the Halo off of a single 9V? I took apart the dual harness and plugged in one 9V and it seemed to work. Are there issues running one battery? Will it be slower or will the batter just die faster? It's an easy fix, but I thought I'd ask just in case it happens again when I'm at the field ready to play.

Thanks.

-X

secretweaponevan
08-11-2009, 11:30 PM
So I went out to play a few weeks ago and I take out my Halo V35. I go to plug in the batteries and see that one of the wires to one of the 9v connectors is off. I didn't have the tools to fix it so I just went with my Revvy for the day.

I took the Halo out a couple of nights ago to see about fixing the connection. I didn't fix it yet, but I was also thinking, can you run the Halo off of a single 9V? I took apart the dual harness and plugged in one 9V and it seemed to work. Are there issues running one battery? Will it be slower or will the batter just die faster? It's an easy fix, but I thought I'd ask just in case it happens again when I'm at the field ready to play.

Thanks.

-X

It should be slower out of the gate and also die faster.

flyingpootang
08-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Since the battery connector is broken you can parallel another connector and use (2) 9 volts instead of AAs....

athomas
08-12-2009, 08:25 PM
You can use a 9v in a pinch (2 in parallel would be better). 9v batteries don't have the capacity of AAs. They can't deliver as much under load and they won't have the longevity.

A 9v series connection of AA cells have a storage capacity of over 2500mah. A 9v battery has just over 600mah. Even 2 - 9v in parallel(1200 mah) has less than half the capacity of a pack of AAs. You would need 4 - 9v batteries in parallel to get the mah capacity of a pack of AAs. The cost would be much higher though, with no space savings.

xero28
08-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I was able to just solder the wire back on, but if it does happen again, at least I know I can just run one 9V if I really have to.

rawbutter
08-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I've used a single 9v before in a similar situation. I got through a whole day with it..... BUT, I also play woodsball. I probably only went through 500-1000 rounds that day, and it worked fine for me. It fed slower, but I only shoot 5-10 bps anyway. I'm not sure how much longer it would have lasted, because after that debockle, I switched over to rechargeable AA batteries and never looked back.

secretweaponevan
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
You can use a 9v in a pinch (2 in parallel would be better). 9v batteries don't have the capacity of AAs. They can't deliver as much under load and they won't have the longevity.

A 9v series connection of AA cells have a storage capacity of over 2500mah. A 9v battery has just over 600mah. Even 2 - 9v in parallel(1200 mah) has less than half the capacity of a pack of AAs. You would need 4 - 9v batteries in parallel to get the mah capacity of a pack of AAs. The cost would be much higher though, with no space savings.

:hail:

Darn you're good.

What is thy bidding, my master?