PDA

View Full Version : Orbium 2 barrel kit?

Shirow
08-13-2009, 05:56 PM
So, I've read quite a few places saying these are the best barrels money come by - some shooting patterns even showing how much more accurate they are than other barrels.

Has anyone actually tried this barrel kit? Is it is amazing as people make it out to be?

d4m4don3
08-13-2009, 06:05 PM
So, I've read quite a few places saying these are the best barrels money come by - some shooting patterns even showing how much more accurate they are than other barrels.

Has anyone actually tried this barrel kit? Is it is amazing as people make it out to be?

I use it, only if the paint matches the bore of the backs that I have. Compared to a freak, yes its better, but have you taken a look at manns barell test data?

Shirow
08-13-2009, 06:23 PM
I think that was where I saw the orbium showing 17/20 balls hit vs something like 10/20 for the jj edge kit.. if we're talking about the same thing

Frizzle Fry
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
I'd take a peek at Cockerpunks data and barrel tests before making any decisions. I'm not saying he's the be-all end-all when it comes to barrels, but frankly there are plenty of myths and missinformation out there about accuracy, velocity and efficiency that are still considered "fair game" to advertise.

Shirow
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Does he have a site or just the youtube videos I found googling?

Frizzle Fry
08-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Does he have a site or just the youtube videos I found googling?

Youtube tests are good, but if you can find his posts on CustomCockers he has graphs and charts, as well as one of the most comrehensive barrel tests not done by a company/field/corporation. Again, his word is not god but his tests bust plenty of myths and corroborate some data about barrel lenth that's been around a while.

Warwitch
08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Ive pretty much used Sanchez Machine barrels exclusively for the last 4 or 5 years. They rock. Very quiet, great machining.

Shirow
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
I always liked my J&J Ceramic but it looks like they only make their edge kits in A5/Spyder threading now :(

dark blade
08-13-2009, 07:52 PM
to sum up the testing of cocker punk for you...

every barrel length, bore, shape, porting tested came out with the same accuracy at range. This is because the amount of variation was "within the confidence interval" meaning that the amount of difference you see isnt enough to denote one as better than the other.

When it comes to bore size - overbore = good consistency/poor efficiency--- bore matching = poor consistency/poor efficiency--- underbore = good consistency/good efficiency.

Length, between 10-14 is the ideal length for efficiency and consistancy

1 piece vs 2 piece, 1 piece is more efficient, 2 piece is more consistant.

So in turn, the "best" barrel would be a 2 piece barrel with a 5-8 inch underbored control bore with a front that adds up to total 10"-14"

hope that helps. I have a .682 SS freak insert that i use on all my markers and i shoot "(^)(^)" as the agglets say

Shirow
08-13-2009, 08:18 PM
I won't use freak inserts (will never buy SP stuff) or I'd get a DW barrel.

So I guess it looks like I may as well get the best looking barrel for my marker =p

Ando
08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I just purchased a WGP Kaner barrel set off of nation and have played with it about 4 times now. I have NOOOOO complaints so far. They're on target 100% and comes in a sweet carrying case.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2639/3714018600_937640e4e0.jpg

Shirow
08-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I looked at those, I'm looking for something standard in matte black though.

tasker89
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
The older Powerlyte Scepter kits have longish control bores at about 6 inches. I had to spend some time trolling Ebay to find one...but I eventually got my hands on a SS backed kit with two fronts in very good shape.

That being said...I was also looking at SM barrels. They just tend to be really pricey and have shorter control bores. I'm mostly chasing efficiency.

Shirow
08-14-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm not AS concerned about efficiency for this marker, it's my woodsball gun and I can fill it up in between games.

My biggest requirements are:

Good quality barrel
Matte black finish
Realistic price

I may go with the J&J Edge, looks like they are only about $90 on ebay new now.. I just think they are gloss instead of matte :(

tasker89
08-14-2009, 09:39 AM
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/misc-paintball-items/88163-orbium-2-barrel-kit-stiffi-aka-lightning-bolt-e2-board-eggy-vest.html

This guy has an Orbium with Cocker threads...might be worth taking a look.

Shirow
08-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the link, it's tempting but I don't have a cocker threaded body yet :\ Waiting on Mongoose to come out with his new bodies so I can replace my venerable minimag body.

OPBN
08-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm not AS concerned about efficiency for this marker, it's my woodsball gun and I can fill it up in between games.

My biggest requirements are:

Good quality barrel
Matte black finish
Realistic price

I may go with the J&J Edge, looks like they are only about $90 on ebay new now.. I just think they are gloss instead of matte :( I just got one of these kits in off of Ebay and they are flat black. Not dust, flat. Haven't used them yet to give any opinion regarding accuracy though.

Flatliner333
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
What do yall think about Evil one piece Cocker threaded barrels. Just asking ...I got one free the other day but havent tried it yet cause the color is black to gold fade and doesnt match my gun.

vf-xx
08-14-2009, 01:52 PM
What do yall think about Evil one piece Cocker threaded barrels. Just asking ...I got one free the other day but havent tried it yet cause the color is black to gold fade and doesnt match my gun.

I'll tell you tomorrow. ;)

Flatliner333
08-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I'll tell you tomorrow. ;)

After you help me tune my lvl. X ? :hail:

maineiacpballer
08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Not that my opinion matters or that I have a lot of experience with many kits since I have only owned one and only used one. I like my evil pipe kit. Looks good, never had an issues sizing balls to bore, and I have 3 different size tips to use for s*%$ and giggles. Got it used for a very decent price and have no reason to change it up.

Shirow
08-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Well, NM, even though I can't use them yet, I couldn't pass up a J&J Edge kit on Ebay with 4 backs and 12"/14" tip for $47 brand new. Always liked J&J barrels... just need a damn cocker threaded body now, or an adapter I guess.