PDA

View Full Version : can the on/off pin make the emag full auto?

phizz
08-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Can an on/off pin make an emag go full auto?

I have just been putting together an emag and as I recall the on/off I bought had a pin lenght of .714 and if I recall an emag should be 712??? would this cause the marker to go basically full auto?

now it doesn't fire in manuel and in electronic mode it just rapid fires. Also with the grip frame pulled off I pushed down on the plunger and again it just went into rapid fire.

Anybody have any ideas?

and anybody know of a good emag tech other then tunaman he always seems so busy.

dark blade
08-13-2009, 11:58 PM
my guess is either sear is worn, trigger rod is out of spec, or the on/off is a tad too long (which shouldnt really have an effect like this)

I can tech emags if you feel comfortable sending it to me to have a look at it.

I would do it free of charge :) you just pay for return shipping.

but i would need to know a few things first, what kind of software you have, what type of valve, just little things like that.

phizz
08-14-2009, 12:18 AM
I probably wouldn't have an issue if you have good feedback. Its an x-valve, software is 3.2

Sumthinwicked
08-14-2009, 01:45 AM
he is in mass not to far from me LOL and he has some feedback around here somewhere :rolleyes:

maniacmechanic
08-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Can an on/off pin make an emag go full auto?
If its too short ' yes
I have just been putting together an emag and as I recall the on/off I bought had a pin lenght of .714 and if I recall an emag should be 712??? would this cause the marker to go basically full auto?
Spec is .712 , .oo2 shouldn't make a difference , something else going on somewhere else
now it doesn't fire in manuel and in electronic mode it just rapid fires. Also with the grip frame pulled off I pushed down on the plunger and again it just went into rapid fire.
you need to get it to shoot in Mech mode first , then move to the E side

Anybody have any ideas?

and anybody know of a good emag tech other then tunaman he always seems so busy.

Pm me

dark blade
08-14-2009, 10:58 AM
check trigger rod specs, i think the trigger rod might be too long or too short...

if its too short then it wont release the bolt when fired in mech mode

let me know your findings, and i also just remembered that i think rulermark has a tuning service where he checks tolerances and such.

Jaron
08-14-2009, 03:43 PM
My E-Mag did something similar when I first got it. I'd get super bounce in mech firing. A thorough cleaning and lubing cured some of it, but the sear pins still needed a little adjustment. It was a little short so it wasn't firing until right at the end of the trigger stroke letting it bounce between my fingers and the frame really easily.

athomas
08-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Give everything a good cleaning first, even the insides of the valve.

Adjust your emag sear to the proper specs. The specs are listed in one of the stickies at the top of the tech page. When it is out, it will be a good time to inspect the tip for wear. Now you should be able to fire the emag in manual mode.

Once it is working in manual mode, adjust the emode trigger stops and trigger magnet so that it fires properly in emode. If it fires full auto, you may have to reverse the solenoid wires.

athomas
08-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Give everything a good cleaning first, even the insides of the valve.

Adjust your emag sear to the proper specs. The specs are listed in one of the stickies at the top of the tech page. When it is out, it will be a good time to inspect the tip for wear. Now you should be able to fire the emag in manual mode.

Once it is working in manual mode, adjust the emode trigger stops and trigger magnet so that it fires properly in emode. If it fires full auto, you may have to reverse the solenoid wires.