View Full Version : I know this is a Mag forum, but can someone help me with a Spyder?

Bwaites
02-02-2002, 01:07 PM
I have a friends Spyder Classic to help trouble shoot and can't figure the problem out.

The gun is in good shape, but when cocked, it shoots normally 2-5 times then goes into shoot down like it is out of gas. (No it is not out of CO2).

I have replaced the orings inside, lubricated and cleaned and yet it still does the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Bill

ttoad4000t
02-02-2002, 01:34 PM
get a mag :p

go to a spyder fourm and ask.....you will get a lot more responses

Bwaites
02-02-2002, 02:11 PM
LOL!!

I have 2, Mag Classic and Emag!

I said it was a FRIENDS gun!!! He has 14 guns, mostly Tippmans which he lets friends and family use to play. I am just helping out a paintball ambassador.

I figured anyone here smart enough to buy a mag might know how to fix the Spyder, even though I didn't.

Didn't know there was a Spyder forum, how do I find it?

Bill

X-Plosive
02-02-2002, 02:15 PM
It wouldn't happen to have a TASO turbo valve in it, would it? I was fixing a riends spyder and installing a TASO turbo valve, the turbovalve is machined so poorly compared to the stock Kingman one. I was surprised. $100 says it is made in China. It may also be the cupseal. Replace the cupseal and see what happens. LAPCO cupseals are the best but are hard to find.

BlackVCG
02-02-2002, 02:16 PM
Check the sear for wear and that the spring sear isn't worn out.

Bwaites
02-02-2002, 07:04 PM
This happens inside as well as outside.

Thanks for the tips BlackVCG, I can't see any wear but I'll recheck. What is the spring sear?

Thanks everybody.

Bill

Bwaites
02-02-2002, 07:48 PM
The spring sear looks OK, I figured out what that was.

I don't know how to tell how much the sear is worn, but I rechecked and when the gun is fired and quits it never gets far enough back to engage the spring sear. When it does, it works fine.

Bill

Bwaites
02-02-2002, 09:39 PM
I just took the gun apart again and closely inspected every oring.

The striker oring has a microscopic cut, I had to stretch the oring to find it, so I will replace it Monday and see what happens. Once I found that, I found a FAQ on the Kingman site that says that might happen.

Thanks for your help everyone.

By the way, nobody on the Kingman sit has replied to my question, just goes to show, AO people are the best!!

Bill

unseenunheard
02-02-2002, 09:46 PM
yeh check that hammer o-ring, the problem you describe sounds identical to the problem i had with a friends ACI griffen(basically a spyder) and this was the problem. let us know when you get it fixed or if we can be of anymore help.

mrhooie
02-03-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Bwaites
I just took the gun apart again and closely inspected every oring.

Bill

did you check the cup seal

but more importantly, check the valve o-rings (this is some work to take out)

deded
02-03-2002, 03:41 AM
On my backup Xtra, the pin that the hammer hits came a little bit unscrewed from the cup seal.

I found this out after much frustration and a search on the kingman forum.

So if nothing else does it, see if that is the problem!

DaXtremeist
02-03-2002, 08:43 AM
my friends gun does that also. we replaced the cup seal and it works perfect now.