PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic paintball things

Shirow
08-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Who can beat this (actually did this today at a field.)

I got shot in my gun, and my setup is so tight (warp, revy heat-gunned into warp pipe etc) that every time I get shot, paint gets all up in my gun and it's a real pain to clean up.

Today someone shot me all over the quick disconnect on my valve and I was trying to clean around it. I couldn't get behind it so I removed it. Silly me, I forgot the hose was all pressurized behind it and it's almost impossible to get back on with all that pressure. So, I try to jam it on, pressing on the lock behind it to try and release some pressure, no go. Take it out to the range and set it down, start pushing hard on it trying to get it back on. Won't go.

This is when the stupidity took me. I thought to myself (and yes, I honestly even knew at the time this was absolutely retarded but for some reason I still did it anyway) 'if I take the valve out, it will be easier to push on!'

Well you can imagine what happened next, my on/off assembly went flying into the bushes.

Amazingly, I actually found the damn thing - I have no idea how, but I did. I put it back in and the gun is now shooting full auto. Doesn't seem quite right. Take it out again, realize I have never removed the on/off before so I have no idea what was missing from behind it. Ask someone at the field, he says there's an o-ring in there. Of course, I do not have a retro valve parts kit and my friend, who is out playing, has the keys to the car my bag is locked in. During the time I am waiting for him to finish I:

Drop the bolt on the floor and lose it
Find the bolt
Then I realize while I was picking up the bolt the spring rolled off the table
Spend 20 minutes looking for the spring
Finally someone else at the field finds it behind a garbage can

My friend finishes playing, we go to the car. I take out the on/off, drop it on the ground, spend another 20 minutes looking for it. Look in my classic valve parts kit, find an o-ring that looks like it will fit, it doesn't but I already stuck it in there. Spend 10 minutes trying to pull it out with a plastic twist-lock detent (don't recommend trying this at home.)

Dig through my flatline parts kit, find the o-ring that actually fits and put it in.. thankfully, the gun now shoots normally.

I then proceeded to go out on the field, get pinned down behind a tree and shot in the nuts.

snoopay700
08-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah man i felt really bad for you, you didn't seem to be having a good day. I'm glad you finally found an o-ring that would fit your on/off top, that's one good thing about AGD, they made as many parts as they could interchangeable between the flatline, the classic valve, and the RT valve.

BiNumber3
08-15-2009, 08:35 PM
u sir, need a portable tray to do work on:)

Shirow
08-15-2009, 08:40 PM
What I need to do.. is not do stupid things :)

drg
08-16-2009, 03:55 AM
If only a diagram of the on-off were somewhere easy to find that you could never lose ... like maybe laser etched onto the valve or something.

correia3
08-16-2009, 06:29 AM
If only a diagram of the on-off were somewhere easy to find that you could never lose ... like maybe laser etched onto the valve or something.

That's what I was thinking, but I don't remember ReTro valves having that. Only classic-style valves, right?

Shirow
08-16-2009, 06:46 AM

If only it was.. on my valve :p Not realizing the o-ring was missing was the least of my problems anyway.

snoopay700
08-16-2009, 05:56 PM
If only a diagram of the on-off were somewhere easy to find that you could never lose ... like maybe laser etched onto the valve or something.Retros don't have it, or at least his didn't i don't think. I didn't check really, i just looked inside and noticed he was missing an oring.

drg
08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Retros don't have it, or at least his didn't i don't think. I didn't check really, i just looked inside and noticed he was missing an oring.

Lol I'm just poking. Maybe cuz the rt has a one-piece on-off?

snoopay700
08-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Lol I'm just poking. Maybe cuz the rt has a one-piece on-off?
Yeah, probably why they didn't put it, but yeah for someone who's not obsessed with everything mechanical and didn't strip their mag down the first time they got it, it could be hard to catch the missing o-ring.

Shirow
08-16-2009, 10:27 PM
The thing that still blows my mind is how I found that on/off in the brush (and then proceeded to be unable to find all the other pieces I dropped all over the ground.)

drg
08-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Not exactly the same but I get a similar feeling of exasperation when I clean up for the day prior to leaving a field. It feels endless sometimes.

Shirow
08-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Not exactly the same but I get a similar feeling of exasperation when I clean up for the day prior to leaving a field. It feels endless sometimes.

Yeah I hear ya on that, I'm contemplating just pulling my warp off because I'm so tired of removing it every time I play to clean it off.. seems to take as long to remove, clean and remount it as I spend cleaning everything else.