PDA

View Full Version : pure energy regulator rebuild

DocRocker
08-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey all,

So I was taking apart my PMI regulator (reactor II valve) bc it started leaking between the bonnet and base. Well the regulator oring was shreaded. Ok that seems easy enough to fix.

My questions are:

1. Do you have to oil anything in there? There appeas to be some rust on the piston and bellvele spring pack. Dont know if oil is needed. Always heard its bad for the fill nipple but this the output side only so I dont think it matters as much.

2. Most importantly. The drawings of the regulator shows that the regulator seat looks like a round ball.

http://paintballsolutions.com/05pb_solutions/pdf/manuals/pureenergy/PE_manual.pdf

When I took my reg apart, I didnt see this ball. Either I lost the piece and didnt notice or its something else. has anyone who has taken apart their regulator seen what the regulator seat looks like?

Thanks

Watcher
08-17-2009, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't use oil. Yes, since it is on the output side it wouldn't be dangerous, but to better prevent the onset of rust I'd use a light duty grease on the springs.

The reg seat should be lodged in the reg piston stem. If it is not there, you have a problem. I'm not sure if it is a ball or not, but any plug that fits with some meat hanging out should work fine. Go to the local PB shop and ask if they have one, or call PMI (KEE) and see if they can send you one.

Ando
08-17-2009, 03:13 PM
I would get a small SS wire brush and take care of that corrosion. Clean up the housing, everything inside and put a light film of Dow33 (shock lube) on all your components. That should keep your reg going for many years to come and keep the corrosion from coming back. You won't hurt anything by putting a light film of oil. If you don't have Dow33 then use whatevers on hand but you need to use something or that corrosion will come back and spread like the plague.

maniacmechanic
08-17-2009, 05:52 PM
anything put on , near , in , around or close to a regulator , should be a NON petroleum based lube

DocRocker
08-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey Thanks everyone for the help as usual.

Is autolube non petroleum based? I put a few drops on there.

Thanks

anything put on , near , in , around or close to a regulator , should be a NON petroleum based lube

Looper
08-17-2009, 09:25 PM
:eek: Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom?