PDA

View Full Version : Barrel leak?

Chace
08-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I just picked up a 68 classic left power feed, and the previous owner says it has a leak down the barrel. Is it just the o-rings?

Sumthinwicked
08-18-2009, 07:22 PM
yupo powertube oring and carrier or reg seat

Chace
08-18-2009, 07:24 PM
yupo powertube oring and carrier or reg seat
Well I already had Chris at my local proshop order me a minimag/automag spare parts kit from agd. And he has alot of experience with automags. :clap:

Sumthinwicked
08-18-2009, 07:32 PM
the powertube oring and carrier should be the issue but the reg can leak also search utube for automag breakdown guy should have a handlebar mustash thats tom k the ex owner/designer of agd

Chace
08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
the powertube oring and carrier should be the issue but the reg can leak also search utube for automag breakdown guy should have a handlebar mustash thats tom k the ex owner/designer of agd
I think Chris will help me with this tomorrow.
Btw. Is a 68 classic left power feed a DYE and smart parts barrels worth a $150 ion?

Sumthinwicked
08-18-2009, 07:39 PM
I think Chris will help me with this tomorrow.
Btw. Is a 68 classic left power feed a DYE and smart parts barrels worth a $150 ion?

well trade in on an ion isnt much anymore LOL i almost traded in a mini invert only for 125 but i traded with a local guy on here for a much better t9.... i resell any stock mag for 100 which is a good deal.... a powerfed mag with a decent barrel in my eyes is better than a ion any day of the week but im partial.... if ur a woodsballer yea if a tournry player the ion even crappy is a smarter choice id rather have a mag that lasts forever verse an ion good for only 1 to 2 seasons in speedball before they rattle themselves apart..... just depends what style and what need u have for it long run in the woods yea its a better deal

Chace
08-18-2009, 07:46 PM
well trade in on an ion isnt much anymore LOL i almost traded in a mini invert only for 125 but i traded with a local guy on here for a much better t9.... i resell any stock mag for 100 which is a good deal.... a powerfed mag with a decent barrel in my eyes is better than a ion any day of the week but im partial.... if ur a woodsballer yea if a tournry player the ion even crappy is a smarter choice id rather have a mag that lasts forever verse an ion good for only 1 to 2 seasons in speedball before they rattle themselves apart..... just depends what style and what need u have for it long run in the woods yea its a better deal
Well that sounds good. Are you getting a FS round conversion? or a lapco bottom line adapter?
Anyway... It needs o-rings and a 45* elbow. The guy is giving me 20 with it for the o-rings.

Sumthinwicked
08-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Well that sounds good. Are you getting a FS round conversion? or a lapco bottom line adapter?
Anyway... It needs o-rings and a 45* elbow. The guy is giving me 20 with it for the o-rings.
2 barrels a 20 spot and the gun yea it was worth it... i have the bottom line and hopper adapter and its the sniper rifle version so im going with the longbow mod and maybe the fs mod i have to have premission from the field owner to use it before spending 120 on the fs kit...

Chace
08-18-2009, 07:57 PM
2 barrels a 20 spot and the gun yea it was worth it... i have the bottom line and hopper adapter and its the sniper rifle version so im going with the longbow mod and maybe the fs mod i have to have premission from the field owner to use it before spending 120 on the fs kit...
Nice. Use a small bore barrel with the FS round. Its proven to work better.

Sumthinwicked
08-18-2009, 08:03 PM
yea i know LOL thankx

Chace
08-18-2009, 08:31 PM
What is the saftey supposed o be like? Is it where i can just tilt the gun and it turns the safety off? Or is it supposed to be spring loaded? :confused: :confused:

fong0067
08-26-2009, 12:02 PM
LOL....no, your safety should not be that loose. there is supposed to be a small ball bearing, a small spring and a small screw that holds all that in at the top of the frame. A lot of times people start taking things apart and loose em. You can order them from AGD for around $10 shipped. Did you ever fix your leak?

Chace
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Parts kit hasn't got here from AGD yet... :( It's been two weeks