PDA

View Full Version : $300-400... recomendations

neilrmessick
08-18-2009, 10:59 PM
I've been out of paintball for 4-5 years. Amazing how far guns have come in that time. Looking to get back into playing again. Whats a good buy in guns right now? I've been eyeing a Dangerous Power G3... thoughts?

dark blade
08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
well... personally, electro = trouble to me

but if you must go electro buy any of the listed below and you will be happy

dm6
pm7
slg
pmr
g3
mini
or timmys

All of which are great markers and you will be happy.

snoopay700
08-19-2009, 03:46 AM
well... personally, electro = trouble to me

but if you must go electro buy any of the listed below and you will be happy

dm6
pm7
slg
pmr
g3
mini
or timmys

All of which are great markers and you will be happy.
I can definitely recommend this.

MeŠiCX
08-19-2009, 05:57 AM
UL SLG - $299 new, easy to maintain, shoots like a dream.

MANN
08-19-2009, 06:06 AM
viking for electro
automag for mech
autococker for pump

sffudapparel
08-19-2009, 07:59 AM
viking for electro
automag for mech
autococker for pump

Speaks the truth. - AKA markers are awesome

flyingpootang
08-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Brand new NXT Shocker for BIN 380 shipped. It comes fully loaded on the base model:
NXT has stronger feed neck threads, Impulse barrel threads, break beam eyes, always has eyes (early SFTs had eyes as an option, not as a standard item), plunger detents built in to the eye covers, HE bolt kit, snatch grip, a reach forward front reg mount to give your forward hand more space, high-flow Ion style reg, newer NXT's have a multi-mode tournament board, screws holding in the board, power button and trigger, rather than friction fit pins, a roller bearing trigger as standard, with four point, all external adjustment and the frame has a built in rail for the ASA.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Brand-New-NXT-Shocker_W0QQitemZ260462542151QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca4c6fd47&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Wrathbringer
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Well the "good guns" question is almost impossible to answer unless we have some more info, such as:

1) Do you want to shoot ropes of paint or something slower?
2) Do you want a gun that's really light?
3) Do you want a milsim gun?

Basically what I'm saying is that there are MANY quality guns out there that it's impossible for everyone to agree on one. As for the G3 there's nothing wrong with it, I've heard nothing but good things about it and many people are happy with it. Good luck in your search!

BTW, what I like to do whenever I'm looking into buying something is go to pbreview.com and look at the lowest ratings. What I'm looking for there is common problems that will pop up that are NOT caused by human stupidity, it's actually a surprisingly effective way to find out the problems of the gun quickly.

Jaron
08-19-2009, 11:13 AM
BTW, what I like to do whenever I'm looking into buying something is go to pbreview.com and look at the lowest ratings. What I'm looking for there is common problems that will pop up that are NOT caused by human stupidity, it's actually a surprisingly effective way to find out the problems of the gun quickly.
Interesting approach, yet very intuitive. Lots of people will simply say, "Get this, it ROCKZ!1!" simply because they don't bother with intensive testing. But if there's a common problem it will definitely drop the score.

trevorjk
08-19-2009, 01:19 PM
do you need a tank? hopper? mask?

or just 3-400 on a gun alone?

neilrmessick
08-19-2009, 01:59 PM
I've played at least 100 times. I've got a garage full of old tanks, masks, etc.. so thats not a problem. I like small, tight guns. I play about 50/50 woods and speedball. So somthing versitle is good. Above all, I want somthing that works when I pick it up. Thats why I used mags years ago...

punkncat
08-19-2009, 02:27 PM
That market is SO saturated with great performing markers, it is hard to make a choice. Not only in the new arena, but used as well.

My suggestion would be to go to the local field on open play day, and just see if you can maybe shoot a few markers over the chrono station, or for a game if the owner is feeling generous, and see what you like the best.

trevorjk
08-19-2009, 03:06 PM
another thing to make sure is that ALOT of guns made today are designed to work solely on compressed air and NOT CO2

Wrathbringer
08-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I've played at least 100 times. I've got a garage full of old tanks, masks, etc.. so thats not a problem. I like small, tight guns. I play about 50/50 woods and speedball. So somthing versitle is good. Above all, I want somthing that works when I pick it up. Thats why I used mags years ago...

Then I suggest you continue using mags! Few guns are as durable and long-lasting as the Automag, and electros can be a bit of a pain since if the battery dies on the field then you're SOL. Basic used mags are quite cheap nowadays and if you couple it with an RT style valve then you'll be able to shoot quite quickly when you need to.

If you're willing to spend a bit more you can pick up a brand new RT Custom from AGD for ~$500 and it'll meet everything that you're looking for. It's durable like any other mag, compact, and can rip pretty quickly. The only drawback is that you'll need HPA for it since it cannot be used with CO2.

going_home
08-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I've been out of paintball for 4-5 years. Amazing how far guns have come in that time. Looking to get back into playing again. Whats a good buy in guns right now? I've been eyeing a Dangerous Power G3... thoughts?

You cant go wrong with a G3.
One of the best available at their price point , in my humble opinion.
I like them better than the Invert Mini.

:D