PDA

View Full Version : Now engine-turning/jeweling your stainless bodies

Spider-TW
08-19-2009, 10:38 AM
I have opened a thread in the dealer's forum for engine-turning/jeweling mag bodies.

Spider's Garage (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244805)

I hope to keep some of those old mag bodies on the field.

snoopay700
08-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Looks cool, wish i had an extra body and the money to send you. Anyway good luck with your venture, hope you get a lot of business.

Spider-TW
08-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks! I wish I could do it cheaper, but I hit the limit on how fast I could go. Fortunately, I still have a regular job.

snoopay700
08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks! I wish I could do it cheaper, but I hit the limit on how fast I could go. Fortunately, I still have a regular job.
Actually i'm surprised at how low it is, i'm just flat broke. :rofl:

If i happen upon another body for my RT or classic though i'm planning on making it vert feed like that one in the thread and then probably getting this done. What kind of feedneck is on that body?

Spider-TW
08-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Actually i'm surprised at how low it is, i'm just flat broke. :rofl:

If i happen upon another body for my RT or classic though i'm planning on making it vert feed like that one in the thread and then probably getting this done. What kind of feedneck is on that body?
Both feednecks on the dealers thread are ego 05/06 feed necks. The green one is actually a PE feedneck and is nice and stout.

For the PE and Hybrid, I cut a little shim of brass (~.023 thick) for them to clamp onto. They are a seamless fit and take an unaltered halo/reloader neck.

I changed up my setup so that I can hold RT bodies now. They will take a while, but that's going to be a whole lot of shimmer! It's funny that mirrored or jeweled stainless in the woods is not as obvious as blue or red ano (to me at least).

I'm probably just used to looking for red and blue armbands. :rolleyes:

Sumthinwicked
08-19-2009, 02:18 PM
if it mirrors correctly u should see some leaves or wood LOL unless sun hits it then ur dead meat

Spider-TW
08-19-2009, 02:24 PM
if it mirrors correctly u should see some leaves or wood LOL unless sun hits it then ur dead meat
Fortunately, the jeweling reflection is a little more diffused than plain polish, but you are correct. In the shadows and grass it can look like you have a snake in your hand.

I try to stay in the shade anyway. :p

Spider-TW
08-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Eh. I put up a little video (my first) to try to show the movement of the reflections. It's on the first post of the dealer thread at the bottom.

Spider's Garage (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244805)

Maybe now I can make a better one of my ep mag.

Mongoose
08-19-2009, 07:29 PM
i think it looks great :cheers: Can that only be done on SS?

BiNumber3
08-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Both feednecks on the dealers thread are ego 05/06 feed necks. The green one is actually a PE feedneck and is nice and stout.

For the PE and Hybrid, I cut a little shim of brass (~.023 thick) for them to clamp onto. They are a seamless fit and take an unaltered halo/reloader neck.

I changed up my setup so that I can hold RT bodies now. They will take a while, but that's going to be a whole lot of shimmer! It's funny that mirrored or jeweled stainless in the woods is not as obvious as blue or red ano (to me at least).

I'm probably just used to looking for red and blue armbands. :rolleyes:

you can also use plastic tubing cut down to size, a lil easier to come by and easily replaced

Spider-TW
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
i think it looks great :cheers: Can that only be done on SS?
I think Luke said it looks good on aluminum , especially ano'd afterwards.

I can do it on a polished ULE body; they're round enough. My only concern would be the durability.

Nickel is too hard for the abrasive I use, I think.

snoopay700
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
That's what i was going to say, it's like a predator sort of thing going on, it's awesome.

pump
09-08-2009, 07:16 AM
omg i dont believe i missed this thread, thank god i was looking for an older thread

yes im upping it, yes it ok because this work is one of the highest expressions of mag love and respect ever