PDA

View Full Version : i know i know but... get retro valve, or sell out and get a gx-3 sto, or angel led?

SoupRman
02-02-2002, 03:13 PM
i've been doing some deep thinking and i don't know what to think any more. here's some pics of my mag..

SoupRman
02-02-2002, 03:15 PM
last pic..

personman
02-02-2002, 03:38 PM
I got dibs on his Z grip! ;)
Dont sell it, its such a beautiful gun.. get the retro.

Dave
02-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Dude, your Z-grip mag is freakin' rad!!!!! Don't ever sell that baby! I have my own Z-Grip mag with retro valve and let me tell you it is rockin. I look forward to all the unusual stares I will get for having a gun that goes against the crowd. Lately I have been handling other 45 style grips and they just don't seem right anymore. Its really true that the Z-grip gets you tucked in tighter.

For a while I thought about getting an Emag...then maybe holding out for an Extreme, but I just like my mag so much I will keep it, and if I like what the X-treme mill looks like, I will definitely want one of those for it. Keep your mag, unless it's giving you trouble, then send it in, and when you'll get it back, you'll be glad you kept it!

-Dave

personman
02-02-2002, 04:05 PM
Dave: Pics of Extreme
http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/simon01.jpg
http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/simon02.jpg
http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/simon03.jpg
I diddnt want to repost the topic. Its here:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24101

sbikeclix
02-02-2002, 05:17 PM
i voted go retro, but if the mag is still too slow (which i say becuase of the hard trigger pull that some dont like) or you just really want a cocker, get the gen-x 3. those things are really light, pretty and overall sweet, they have one of the best slide triggers ive felt, its just a really nice cocker for 650$

liigod
02-02-2002, 10:02 PM
Gen x 3 cocker, retrovavles cost way to much for a simple upgrade. Angel leds are really kinda shody.

DarkRipper
02-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Why do you want to sell the mag?

If you decide to get a cocker, get the GX3, it's a better deal than the STO.

DR

steph3nlim
02-02-2002, 10:22 PM
Have you tried the retro valve. I dont know but i love it cause for some reason, i'd rather use a retromag then an angel. This trigger pull is so smooth, it's like your pushing air. I swear you gotta try it. But with the z grip you'll rip. I say get the retro and it aint a simple upgrade, it's an awesome upgrade

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-03-2002, 01:33 AM
get whatever gun and still keep this one. it's always good to have a backup. especially a mag.

I <3 MAGS
02-03-2002, 07:54 AM
Go Retro. All i gotta say here. = )

Gunga
02-03-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by liigod
retrovavles cost way to much for a simple upgrade.

Uhmm...when you get a RetroValve, you're basically getting an entirely new gun. All the important parts/moving bits (other than the sear & trigger) are replaced. And you might still change the sear (as one is included with the RetroValve). In addition, your Mag's performance increases dramatically. So I would hardly call a RetroValve a 'simple upgrade', other than in the sense that it's easy to install.

Additionally, assuming you keep your AIR valve, you can always switch back to CO2 if compressed air isn't available to you for whatever reason.

Lone Gunman
02-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Get retro!

Your vertical z-mag is sweet, I would love to have one just like it.

Maghappy
02-03-2002, 01:28 PM
dude, dont do what other people say. if u play good and like your gun keep it and throw a retro on it and it will kick azz. i had a retro z grip and loved it. id go and shoot all the guns u are lookin for and see what u like best etc.

AGDmagman2001
02-03-2002, 07:14 PM
I too have a Z-grip with Retro it Rocks. The best thing I've done to my gun. (Besides maybe an nitro system) The trigger is super short and very snapy. You may chop a few times to start out with but once you get the hang of it that wouldn't be a problem. Of your choices I won't get the Angle LED I've hear they arn't that great, between the cockers Gen X 3 all the way if you don't get the Retro. My two cents. :)

AutoMaggot
02-03-2002, 10:51 PM
I had a LED but the maitenence issue was horrid... When it went down it was a pain in the *** to fix... get a cocker... mmmm... sliiiiide triiigers...