PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

ManInBlack
08-21-2009, 09:02 AM
or have emag prices risen significantly in the past year or so?

I remember when I started spending more time on AO a year and a half ago that lowers were typically going for around $250-$300 (now commonly $400) and full working emags were generally $500 (now more like $700 for a well used example). Am I just imagining this or has the emag suddenly become more sought after?

Shirow
08-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Supply and demand my friend!

AGD needs to capture the market and figure out some way to make an electro marker that doesn't violate a certain BS patent and make the Xmag2.

I can dream, I guess.

TwilightG
08-21-2009, 09:47 AM
I think it fluctuates a bit (like everything else)

right now, it seems like valves are cheaper than before

most non-E-Mags are also going at bargain prices too..

buzzboy
08-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Supply and demand my friend!

AGD needs to capture the market and figure out some way to make an electro marker that doesn't violate a certain BS patent and make the Xmag2.

I can dream, I guess.
Which GBBS patent does the Xmag violate? Or do you mean improvements to the old Xmag?

Wrathbringer
08-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Which GBBS patent does the Xmag violate? Or do you mean improvements to the old Xmag?

That would be the Smart Parts patent that covers virtually electronic paintball gun. I'm not sure what the exact wording is for the patent but basically if you want to make an electro you have to pay royalties to SP for it. Only WDP is exempt because they fought SP in court and won.

To follow up what Shirow said the market is flooded with used classic mags and Minimags, so those are going for dirt cheap. The BST market is just always fluctuating...

wetwrks
08-21-2009, 12:46 PM
We also have gradually fewer working emags in the market. Board gets fried here, sullanoid there. It takes its toll. And there was a member who stripped a number of them for a project he was working on.

SCpoloRicker
08-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Ah, internet patent attorneys... :rolleyes:

sffudapparel
08-21-2009, 01:00 PM
There's lots of emags out there right now that aren't selling. There's also a lot of all kinds of markers out there that aren't selling. The market blows, but I also think this happens -

Guy/Girl sees an emag for sale for 600 dollars. The emag they want to sell might be identical parts (colors negligible) but they perceive theirs to be nicer and so he/she would list it for 650, trying to get as much out of it as possible. Next guy sees said marker for 650, and lists his for 700....

Do these markers sell? Sometimes, but often times the price drops and drops until it his the demand curve and someone purchases. It's annoying sometimes when people go (example) "Must sell! 700 dollars firm, marker is worth every penny" It might be worth every penny to you but maybe to potential buyers it's only worth 500. Sure, if they're not in a hurry to sell the marker that's one thing, but if you want to sell it, you might have to adjust your price to find the demand

Remember, what you have isn't worth anything if no one is willing to buy it (quote from my momma :) )

buzzboy
08-21-2009, 01:36 PM
That would be the Smart Parts patent that covers virtually electronic paintball gun. I'm not sure what the exact wording is for the patent but basically if you want to make an electro you have to pay royalties to SP for it. Only WDP is exempt because they fought SP in court and won.

To follow up what Shirow said the market is flooded with used classic mags and Minimags, so those are going for dirt cheap. The BST market is just always fluctuating...
IIRC that patent only covers MicroSwitches which WGP gets around with breakbeam trigger sensors and AGD gets around with the HEI switch.

maniacmechanic
08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
generally , mabey , the E Mag is like any other Mag , depends on how it is set up , if you watch & wait you can still get a stocker E Mag for about 500 to 550 & we are talking humpback with a stainless powerfeed or centerfeed & E Mag valve
Now start adding , ULE lowers , X Mag lowers , ULE body , ULE rail , X valve , X Mod , all these options add to the hard value , then if there is custom anno on it ???
When I look at Mags I allways look at parting value & base what it is worth off that

Also I didn't see anything in the OP's origional post about SP or any other manufactuer , it's about E Mag value

ManInBlack
08-21-2009, 04:24 PM
We also have gradually fewer working emags in the market. Board gets fried here, sullanoid there. It takes its toll. And there was a member who stripped a number of them for a project he was working on.

This is a good point here, as is the comment about emags with ups on them.

maniacmechanic
08-21-2009, 05:27 PM

come on I thought everybody stocked parts , i've got solenoids , a E Mag board , a Ace board , & much much misc " stuff "

ManInBlack
08-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Were your parts made specifically as spares or were they cannibalized from other emags...?

zondo
08-21-2009, 09:09 PM
We also have gradually fewer working emags in the market. Board gets fried here, solenoid there. It takes its toll.

C'mooooon, P8nt! :clap:

maniacmechanic
08-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Were your parts made specifically as spares or were they cannibalized from other emags...?

spares , came to me as parts , a piece here & there

Chrishew09
08-22-2009, 07:09 PM
I hear ya, I bought mine used back in 2005 for $550 w/ a MacDev barrel & on/off, and its a complete ULE emag, newer style. Now I see complete ULE emag going for like $800 with a barrel and on/off. Where else could you make money on a marker............ but then again $800 are peoples listings not sure if there selling at those prices, but you get my point.

Sumthinwicked
08-22-2009, 07:10 PM
add xmod and u prob could get 800 for it