PDA

View Full Version : Next Gun...thoughts...recommendations?

X-Plosive
02-02-2002, 03:24 PM
I plan on getting a few more guns and I am curious as to what you think should be my next gun after my SFL and why. The SFL will be mine in a few months(hopefully). I just have to allocate the funds. I was thinking around the lines of a stock vert feed cocker with a list of upgrades, mostly palmer and shocktech. Any Impulse, the demonics look nice but a bit gimmicky. A matrix with various upgrades or a Blue C&C 2k2 Angel. Those dust fade angels look nice too:)I'm open to all guns, I really don't want a bushmaster though, they are too common at my field. Any ideas? I'm sorry if you find this thread pointless but I have been debating over guns for a while now and I'm confused. Have I overlooked any guns?

zvanut
02-02-2002, 03:28 PM
go w/ a cocker but u might wanna get the SFL first. :)

HoppysMag
02-02-2002, 03:31 PM
well just for fun i would get a Palmer Nasty Typhoon. I bet there aint any of those at your field.:D

I say go for the Sfl or cocker.

X-Plosive
02-02-2002, 03:34 PM
Just to clarify, the SFL will be next....all the other guns are waiting in line AFTER the SFL. If Tom comes out with a nicely Milled Extreme I would go for that too.

FooTemps
02-02-2002, 03:42 PM
Nasty 'phoon would be awesome... Mod it out to go eletro!!!

personman
02-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Rat impys are slick..
Nastys are sweet..
Extreme Es are SUPER DUPER AWESOME (heh.. tried to figure out 3 things that started with s :rolleyes: )

brett
02-02-2002, 04:49 PM
the often overlooked probably best performing gun there is
AKALMP EXCALIBUR
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dubstar112
02-02-2002, 04:53 PM
SFL emag
sfl cocker

get my drift?

Nitroduck
02-02-2002, 07:08 PM
I would sugguest.....

Cocker
Excalibur
Intimidator

Or any cocker threaded gun....The SFL is cocker threaded so I would sugguest going with something cocker threaded to keep w/ the trend.

Lone Gunman
02-02-2002, 07:31 PM
If I had the money... I would get a cocker to customize. I just love the thought of tweaking a gun to get it to perform best, then you decide to take it a little bit farther and it totally screws it up. Sounds fun doesn't it?

magic55
02-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Matrix. you would love it i don't know anyone who has tried it and doesn't
its verryyy fast and amazingly awesome

pntbawlrmz
02-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Just tryed a matrix today, very nice, very fast, but I'm not sure I like the idea of the special oil, I'm sure its no big deal but I've heard that you have to oil and upkeep the gun quite a bit. Upgrading a cocker is always fun and you get more general knowledge. You can put a electro trigger on them if you want speed.

Forgotten-Son
02-02-2002, 10:45 PM
my 2 cents
cocker
matrix

Ov3rmind
02-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Blazer
Viking (open bolt Excalibur. But cheaper and more efficient on batteries and a bit more on gas.)

Those are two guns I plan on owning sometime in the future. Just thought you might think about em'.

oneshot
02-02-2002, 11:38 PM
get the matrix, so fast

why?

No chops with the trinity

same feeling trigger as an angel,but for less money:D

did I say fast,

:D cool fact: with the trinity you can put your finger in the breach and pull the trigger and it does not even pinch your finger :D I thought that was so neat

X-Plosive
02-03-2002, 12:04 AM
At this point we have

SFL E-mag
SFL Autococker
Matrix

thanks for the help. I have wanted a matrix for a while but heard bad things from many people. That list isn't necessarily in order, maybe the matrix will come before the cocker.

striker
02-03-2002, 01:22 AM
I'd get an Excaliber! :D

liigod
02-03-2002, 02:20 AM
an electro cocker

deded
02-03-2002, 04:26 AM
Angel LED.

I <3 (heart) mine. No windows Angel Edition, no cli, no "I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that", just one switch, one led, and the microswitch trigger from uhh... heaven. :D

The main complaint about LEDs is "You can't get parts for 'em"

That would be true if www.angelparts.com and www.theangelguy.com didn't exist... but they do, so its a lie :)

They also don't have a capped ROF, or its capped at like 16 or something.

ennnnn e way. Thats my vote. el-ee-dee
;)

headcase
02-03-2002, 09:15 AM
If you are looking at custom "cockers" I would look at the splat attack Revenge v2.

It will use any Pneumatics you want to put on it. It uses AKA parts(Merlin body, Tornado, valve, front block with Build in ASA, and a bunch of other stuff.)

It has the "inline" timing rod design. The timing rod is straight in front of the trigger and the x-way is in a relocated directly below the front block screw(which the Pnue reg threads into)

www.revengev2.com

This is the next marker I'm looking at, after the C+C extremes are released.

If you want another electro I'd look at the excal. That's the only high end electro I'd consider buying over the e-mag. In fact I considered selling my E-mag the other day, and ordering one. Then I came to my senses------It's all in the trigger!

CHl2IS
02-03-2002, 11:15 AM
your gonna let me shoot that SFL, rite??? btw, whens the next time your goin? i keep on tryin to PM ya and IM me on AIM, but i get no response... i also saw that louis kid at strike force yesterday...

AIM- iamanolsontwin

X-Plosive
02-03-2002, 06:09 PM
I hate AIM. I'm on ICQ though, if you care......#104753648
We'll ahve to see how soon I get that SFL. I could sell both guns right now, then add $ and get an SFL with warp, and flatline.

Load SM5
02-03-2002, 06:26 PM
I'm thinking my next gun is going to have to be a vert-feed cocker with either a racegun frame or hyperframe. That would be my vote.