PDA

View Full Version : Strange deal

punkncat
08-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I have been talking to a guy on another forum about a trade. He contacted me out of the blue and offered me a marker I have been looking for. We PM'ed back and forth a few times, and it was a bit strange. Almost like the guy was talking to someone else, or one PM behind me.

At any rate, aside from that..you know it is sometimes hard to get a read on someone from a note, so the guy offers to ship first as I have better feedback, and I have not heard from him again. I know he got my address, and the fellow has decent feedback for what he has. I put my item up as pending, and sent him an email to confirm everything, like I usually do, and have not heard from him at all. According to his profile, he hasn't even been back on.

I just find it a little odd, that he would have decent feedback telling of his good communication, and at the tail end of a deal he just quits logging on. I know that I check in from time to time for updates, and often a quick look at the items picture in anticipation. etc.

What is the "standard" wait period for something like this before you just relist your item and go on about it?
Now is obviously too soon, no way it could even have been shipped here yet in most cases, but at what time next week do I consider this a null deal and move forward with other offers?

kwood
08-22-2009, 10:51 AM
that is a tough one
there isnt much you can do but communication is the key in any transaction
i would be kind but forceful and present an ultimatum
say something olong the lines of
"i have not heard back from you in a while and just want to make sure that are deal is still going through
because i have not heard back from you and still have a product im wanting to sell/trade, i will keep my item pending until ......(insert date)..... if i have not heard from you by then, my product will be open to the public once again
please let me know if you are still interested in the deal by pming me the tracking information etc"

something along those lines
hope that helps

SSP REAPER
08-22-2009, 11:05 AM
that is a tough one
there isnt much you can do but communication is the key in any transaction
i would be kind but forceful and present an ultimatum
say something olong the lines of
"i have not heard back from you in a while and just want to make sure that are deal is still going through
because i have not heard back from you and still have a product im wanting to sell/trade, i will keep my item pending until ......(insert date)..... if i have not heard from you by then, my product will be open to the public once again
please let me know if you are still interested in the deal by pming me the tracking information etc"

something along those lines
hope that helps
great advice X2
always give that person one last chance and if nothing happens by a certain date, noone should fault you for it. You waited and if there is no communication, there is nothing anyone can say bad. Be patient and remember to insert the date to end the pending deal.
:cheers:

DevilMan
08-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Good points KWood. I agree.

Punk, sometimes life gets in the way. Sometimes things go down that prevent logging in.

Send a note with ample time and if you put your item back up for sale, and then get the item from him after you have sold your item, just put return to sender on it and send it back.

Wait as long as you feel is necessary/valid/you want to. Then carry on with life after leaving him a PM/Email as to your intentions and why you are choosing that course of action.

DM