PDA

View Full Version : Neglected Emag

Chrishew09
08-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I bought a Mini in the spring wanted to try something different and have been playing with it all summer and I like it. Well my Emag has been sitting at home being neglected, and I actually thought about selling it. I gassed it up today, oh man I forgot how much I love my Emag. It just fits me like a glove, I dont know what I was thinking! I can't describe it, I guess it's like an old pair of shoes or jeans.
The tunablade is so much better then the trigger on the Mini, I can get the Emag going so much faster then the Mini.
I'll be using my Emag the rest of the summer.

Sumthinwicked
08-22-2009, 07:17 PM
you should drive here to ct let me hold your gun while u jump off the bridge ill take good care of it for u till u get back :ninja:

McMahon
08-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Haha Chris, ya know whats really sad is that your emag is still the most used one at the field. Im still debating selling mine, and that still gets more use then my dad's or Tony's.

Chrishew09
08-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Haha Chris, ya know whats really sad is that your emag is still the most used one at the field. Im still debating selling mine, and that still gets more use then my dad's or Tony's.
I think Tony's has seen about one hopper since he got it, and he's never used it in electro mode. Your dad prob. has seen about 4 balls........... :p

om3n
08-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I think Tony's has seen about one hopper since he got it, and he's never used it in electro mode. Your dad prob. has seen about 4 balls........... :p

What are some reasons people don't use them anymore? I guess I mean what makes them inferior to current electro's? I have been considering turning my mag into an emag by buying some lowers for it... would it be worth it do you guys think, or should I spend the money on a better newer more current gun? I am seriously biased to represent AGD too btw...

Sumthinwicked
08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
agd with xmmod is the same as all other guns just a lil heavier battery lasts months instead of a days worth of games and opps i forgot about mech mode

McMahon
08-24-2009, 02:36 PM
What are some reasons people don't use them anymore? I guess I mean what makes them inferior to current electro's? I have been considering turning my mag into an emag by buying some lowers for it... would it be worth it do you guys think, or should I spend the money on a better newer more current gun? I am seriously biased to represent AGD too btw...
Chris can confirm this, but the reason I dont use mine is because all I really play is pump, or stock class when I feel like a challenge. Normally it doesnt matter what others are shooting. I think the e-mag is a fantastic semi, but I just dont find semi play very exciting or challenging.

Chrishew09
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Like I said in my first post, i bought the Mini for something different, but the Emag is just a much nicer marker. Yeah, it's heavier then the Mini (what isn't), but oh my goodness that thing can rips with the Xmod and Tunablade, McMahon can contest to that. I have my Emag set to 15bps and consistently hit the limiter, I've never timed it or anything but i'm confident that if i set it uncapped i could hit 17bps+ in straight semi. Let's put it this way when i first got my Vlocity i was out shooting it and bouncing off the LVL10, i upgraded to the Ganstar chip and it's been good since, but that gives you an idea.

And the guys we are talking about have other issues why they dont use there mags, one hardly plays anymore and McMahon's dad plays mostly pump as well.

:cheers:

om3n
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Like I said in my first post, i bought the Mini for something different, but the Emag is just a much nicer marker. Yeah, it's heavier then the Mini (what isn't), but oh my goodness that thing can rips with the Xmod and Tunablade, McMahon can contest to that. I have my Emag set to 15bps and consistently hit the limiter, I've never timed it or anything but i'm confident that if i set it uncapped i could hit 17bps+ in straight semi. Let's put it this way when i first got my Vlocity i was out shooting it and bouncing off the LVL10, i upgraded to the Ganstar chip and it's been good since, but that gives you an idea.

And the guys we are talking about have other issues why they dont use there mags, one hardly plays anymore and McMahon's dad plays mostly pump as well.

:cheers:

What is the max ROF that the xmod allows? What modes of fire are there?

Jaron
08-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Lots of my teammates are trying to convert me to a Mini. Sorry, I don't like the feel of them. Then they say my E-Mag is heavier than their whole setup. Then I let them try out the stiff Tunablade in hyper/hybrid mode and they almost always giggle afterward.

What are some reasons people don't use them anymore? I guess I mean what makes them inferior to current electro's? I have been considering turning my mag into an emag by buying some lowers for it... would it be worth it do you guys think, or should I spend the money on a better newer more current gun? I am seriously biased to represent AGD too btw...E-Mags are heavier than just about any electro-pneumatic marker on the market today and the balance is very different with that huge battery up front. They're not as gas-efficient either and won't shoot as fast. They can hit 20 bps easy, but when I push mine past 25 bps, even with a Prophecy, it has a few problems because the solenoid is fairly heavy and can't reset as fast. But do you really need to shoot that fast anyway?

On the up side, I don't know of any other marker that can act as its own backup. If I have some electrical problem, I can flip a switch and continue playing in mechanical mode. And you get the style points of playing with an E-Mag instead of some overly commercialized, over-popular marker. ;) It's like pulling up in an old-school SS Camero or Mustang fastback. It just demands respect and prop points. Well, from those that actually know what they are. You'll always get stares from younger, newer players as they try to figure out what kind of "Spyder" you've got.

What is the max ROF that the xmod allows? What modes of fire are there?I think X-Mod lets you set it to 31, but you'll never be able to hit that. Fire modes on 1.8 Beta are semi, release ( fires when you release the trigger, I have no idea who would use this mode or why, ) burst ( adjustable between 2 and 9 rounds, ) full-auto, PSP ramp, NXL ramp, Millenium ramp, hyper ( fires on pull and release, ) and a practice mode w/ or w/o triggering the solenoid.

om3n
08-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Lots of my teammates are trying to convert me to a Mini. Sorry, I don't like the feel of them. Then they say my E-Mag is heavier than their whole setup. Then I let them try out the stiff Tunablade in hyper/hybrid mode and they almost always giggle afterward.

E-Mags are heavier than just about any electro-pneumatic marker on the market today and the balance is very different with that huge battery up front. They're not as gas-efficient either and won't shoot as fast. They can hit 20 bps easy, but when I push mine past 25 bps, even with a Prophecy, it has a few problems because the solenoid is fairly heavy and can't reset as fast. But do you really need to shoot that fast anyway?

On the up side, I don't know of any other marker that can act as its own backup. If I have some electrical problem, I can flip a switch and continue playing in mechanical mode. And you get the style points of playing with an E-Mag instead of some overly commercialized, over-popular marker. ;) It's like pulling up in an old-school SS Camero or Mustang fastback. It just demands respect and prop points. Well, from those that actually know what they are. You'll always get stares from younger, newer players as they try to figure out what kind of "Spyder" you've got.

I think X-Mod lets you set it to 31, but you'll never be able to hit that. Fire modes on 1.8 Beta are semi, release ( fires when you release the trigger, I have no idea who would use this mode or why, ) burst ( adjustable between 2 and 9 rounds, ) full-auto, PSP ramp, NXL ramp, Millenium ramp, hyper ( fires on pull and release, ) and a practice mode w/ or w/o triggering the solenoid.

Your reasons are exactly the reasons I would love to have emag lowers... man I think I'm gonna start saving my pennies. So how would I flash the board, if the board I bought didn't come with the 1.8 beta firmware? And are tunablade triggers still available somewhere?

And sorry Chrishew09 for jacking your thread... :tard:

Jaron
08-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Your reasons are exactly the reasons I would love to have emag lowers... man I think I'm gonna start saving my pennies. So how would I flash the board, if the board I bought didn't come with the 1.8 beta firmware? And are tunablade triggers still common?
You can flash the board yourself if you have the programming cable. If not you'll need to send it out. I've seen programming for about $80. But lots of lowers for sale will have X-Mod on it already. And so far as I know, you can still get a Tunablade from Tuna.

Sumthinwicked
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
if u find someone on here programming is 50 like lorn wants many peeps will just do it plus the shipping back to you ask around

om3n
08-24-2009, 05:57 PM
if u find someone on here programming is 50 like lorn wants many peeps will just do it plus the shipping back to you ask around

Ok cool that's good to know. Too bad there aren't any lowers available right now lol :)

fishmishin
08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Did TeamBob get rid of his yet? Also check with KC he normally has a couple of things laying around that haven't been put on his sale thread for one reason or another. Hit him up in a PM, I am almost sure he has a extra set of lowers.

Chrishew09
08-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Your reasons are exactly the reasons I would love to have emag lowers... man I think I'm gonna start saving my pennies. So how would I flash the board, if the board I bought didn't come with the 1.8 beta firmware? And are tunablade triggers still available somewhere?

And sorry Chrishew09 for jacking your thread... :tard:
No worries.......
If you do decide to go with Emag lowers, Xmod is a must it's a whole other animal with the Xmod, and I stress the work "animal". The Tunablade isn't a must but its up to your taste, the Xmod can make up for a trigger that isn't that walkalbe by adjust the "FIX" or debounce.

To bad your not local, I'd let you try my Emag.

snoopay700
08-24-2009, 06:18 PM
No worries.......
If you do decide to go with Emag lowers, Xmod is a must it's a whole other animal with the Xmod, and I stress the work "animal". The Tunablade isn't a must but its up to your taste, the Xmod can make up for a trigger that isn't that walkalbe by adjust the "FIX" or debounce.

To bad your not local, I'd let you try my Emag.
I'm not local but if you send me yours i promise i'll send i back, just ignore shipping it to a p.o. box.. ;)

Seriously though, an emag is the one gun i really want to try, just to see if i would want to shell that much out for it, and all of the people around me that had them don't play anymore or aren't around me anymore. Ah well, i'll just have to ry to make tunaball one of these days i suppose....

om3n
08-24-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm not local but if you send me yours i promise i'll send i back, just ignore shipping it to a p.o. box.. ;)

Seriously though, an emag is the one gun i really want to try, just to see if i would want to shell that much out for it, and all of the people around me that had them don't play anymore or aren't around me anymore. Ah well, i'll just have to ry to make tunaball one of these days i suppose....

I'm with you on the whole shelling out business. I have a pneu'd intelliframe complete with LPR and stock intelliframe as well as a stock tac 1 rail i'd be selling to help off-set the cost, along with a couple other things I could probably sell... But being able to try one out would sure be nice.

Chrishew09
08-24-2009, 06:22 PM

Post up on AO, there has to be someone in your area with an Emag......maybe..... :)
Keep your eye on ebay, sometimes people sell things that dont know what they have.

If your reason for the Emag is to try something different then go for it, if you want to shoot faster.... well whats the point in that if you got a pnumag. Then again I've never shot an pnumag.

om3n
08-24-2009, 06:38 PM
If your reason for the Emag is to try something different then go for it, if you want to shoot faster.... well whats the point in that if you got a pnumag. Then again I've never shot an pnumag.

Well honestly I don't like how the pneumag trigger feels :/ I never could walk it right, and I tried and tried and tried... it was probably just me though. One of the biggest selling points to me about the e-mag is the options it comes with, especially being able to switch between electronic and mechanical. That's freaking awesome. And I'm sure I can walk it much more easily :)

McMahon
08-24-2009, 07:36 PM
E-Mags are heavier than just about any electro-pneumatic marker on the market today

Honestly I never really had an issue with the weight, and have never really understood why people make such a huge deal about it. I can understand that it could be an issue at long scenario games where your carrying the gun for extended periods of time, but if by and large your playing shorter games something like weight really doesnt seem like a big deal. I always felt that if the weight of your gun was slowing you down that much it might be time to start doing some push-ups, of course thats just my two cents.

If you do decide to go with Emag lowers, Xmod is a must it's a whole other animal with the Xmod

Chris is totally about this, before he flashed my board I think I was using 3.2 (I'm not familiar with the different versions), and it made such a world of difference. It puts it on par with anything your going to come up against.

snoopay700
08-25-2009, 03:35 AM
Post up on AO, there has to be someone in your area with an Emag......maybe..... :)
Keep your eye on ebay, sometimes people sell things that dont know what they have.

Oh i know there are around me, i live just south of the border of wisconsin, about 40 minutes from where the AGD factory used to be, wish i could have gone there before they moved. It's just a matter of them not showing up at my field recently, and i think greenaliens might have an emag, but i think he's in boston getting his masters or something. Hopefully before too long someone will show.

XM15
08-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Are you still playing at Breakaway (Paintball Sam's)? My buddy and I are talking about going there to check out the field now that its Breakaway the weekend of Sept 5th or 6th not sure which day. Your welcome to try out my Emag if your out there.

Jaron
08-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Honestly I never really had an issue with the weight, and have never really understood why people make such a huge deal about it. I can understand that it could be an issue at long scenario games where your carrying the gun for extended periods of time, but if by and large your playing shorter games something like weight really doesnt seem like a big deal. I always felt that if the weight of your gun was slowing you down that much it might be time to start doing some push-ups, of course thats just my two cents.Quite true, and I'm not complaining about the weight either. I had a big event this last weekend that saw me running around an Idaho mountainside and I think after that amount of time any gun gets a little heavy. But compared to something like a Mini or G3 that are both under 2 lbs, an E-Mag is a beast. But even the light guns get a little heavy after you add 6 lbs of tank, hopper, and paint on it.

Chris is totally [right] about this, before he flashed my board I think I was using 3.2 (I'm not familiar with the different versions), and it made such a world of difference. It puts it on par with anything your going to come up against.AGD 3.2 only has semi auto and I'm so glad my board had the X-Mod flash when I bought it. I don't walk or fan a trigger, I've never learned how and I really don't care to. I just use the hyper mode. It lets me fire as fast or slow as I want without bothering with ramp modes.

snoopay700
08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Are you still playing at Breakaway (Paintball Sam's)? My buddy and I are talking about going there to check out the field now that its Breakaway the weekend of Sept 5th or 6th not sure which day. Your welcome to try out my Emag if your out there.
I'm still reffing/playing there, but unfortunately i'm going back to school on the second so this next weekend is the last weekend. If you go he 5th though talk to mark, he's the field owner and should be there, and he's going to ry to do a big game this fall some time, and if he does i should be there reffing one of the days, maybe playing one if i have time (i.e. no homework) and mark doesn't need me.

McMahon
08-25-2009, 06:38 PM
even the light guns get a little heavy after you add 6 lbs of tank, hopper, and paint on it.

I've had the discussion with Chris before, but Ive always wondered if the slight weight reductions you see in markers year is actually noticeable, or if people just fool themselves into feeling the difference especially when the tank, hopper, and paint, are factored into the equation.

snoopay700
08-25-2009, 06:45 PM
I've had the discussion with Chris before, but Ive always wondered if the slight weight reductions you see in markers year is actually noticeable, or if people just fool themselves into feeling the difference especially when the tank, hopper, and paint, are factored into the equation.
i've felt an ego, it was incredibly light compared to mags, but a the same time i dunno if i would want to play with it, or pay that much for a stacked tube gun.

Jaron
08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Let's take the Mini and G3, two of the lightest guns right now, both sitting just under 2 lbs minus battery or any aftermarket ASA you may use. Now my ULE E-Mag is about 3.5 lbs by my best guess. So if you add on the same tank, loader, and paint ( I figure 3 lbs tank, 2 lbs loader, 1 lb paint,) to both guns, that's only a 16.7% weight difference which some people may not notice.

Sumthinwicked
08-25-2009, 07:20 PM
dont forget to add the battery to the other 2 for wieght since the mag has its bat already

Chrishew09
08-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Let's take the Mini and G3, two of the lightest guns right now, both sitting just under 2 lbs minus battery or any aftermarket ASA you may use. Now my ULE E-Mag is about 3.5 lbs by my best guess. So if you add on the same tank, loader, and paint ( I figure 3 lbs tank, 2 lbs loader, 1 lb paint,) to both guns, that's only a 16.7% weight difference which some people may not notice.
you hit the nail on the head

the Mini/G3 has another thing going for it, there tiny, so getting in a tight bunker is a little easier and taking snap shoots are faster. but that is subject to argument as well. :rolleyes:

drewkroeker
08-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I held a mini yesterday in Badlands because I have heard good things about them and was thinking maybe I'd try something new. Just holding it in my hands convinced me to spend my money elsewhere.

It was TOO small. I like to wrap my hand around a foregrip. When I did that on the mini's battery housing and fanned the trigger, I was hitting my hand with my shooting fingers.

Another issue I have is the non-movable asa (although Cannibalistic Paintball has made a drop-forward for the mini). I need the tank moved forward and down for a tighter setup. Much easier to do with an emag.

Minis are not able to be warpfed with nothing obstructing your sight picture.

If Kee made a mini that kept its internals but looked and felt like an emag to hold, then I'd buy one.

Jaron
08-26-2009, 10:10 AM
It was TOO small. I like to wrap my hand around a foregrip. When I did that on the mini's battery housing and fanned the trigger, I was hitting my hand with my shooting fingers.

Another issue I have is the non-movable asa (although Cannibalistic Paintball has made a drop-forward for the mini). I need the tank moved forward and down for a tighter setup.Those are my complaints exactly. It's a great gun for the price, but I don't like the FEEL of it. I do like the feel of the G3 though. It's actually lighter than the Mini, but the frame is spread out a bit more to give it a familiar grip.

GaryWV
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Just a note, the G3's power button is terribly hard to push, I had to jam it down to get it to turn on.

Miltonyz
08-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey om3n just read through this thread, but it you ever plan on being in west michigan you are free to shoot mine to see if you like them.

om3n
08-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey om3n just read through this thread, but it you ever plan on being in west michigan you are free to shoot mine to see if you like them.

Thanks that would be great :) Do you ever make it to Hell's Survivors? I plan on going there more often next year, this year is almost over unfortunately, and I am probably just going to be playing at a smaller local field around where I live when I'm not hosting games on my property.

It would be excellent to try out an e-mag before I buy lowers for it, but if AGD has kept the same amount of quality in the e-mag that's it's had in all of the other AGD products I've used/owned, then I'm sure I'll love an emag regardless :)

Miltonyz
08-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Never been to Hell's Survivors. I pretty much stick to Woodland Paintball. It's pretty close and I like everybody there so I never really feel the need to go elsewhere.

om3n
08-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I think X-Mod lets you set it to 31, but you'll never be able to hit that. Fire modes on 1.8 Beta are semi, release ( fires when you release the trigger, I have no idea who would use this mode or why, ) burst ( adjustable between 2 and 9 rounds, ) full-auto, PSP ramp, NXL ramp, Millenium ramp, hyper ( fires on pull and release, ) and a practice mode w/ or w/o triggering the solenoid.

Does the x-mod come with psp 3 shot?

Jaron
08-29-2009, 02:20 AM
According to the manual, the PSP mode is thee semi shots with a three round burst on the fourth. If the trigger is idle for 250 ms, 1/4 sec, it reverts to semi. The burst is fired at the board's RoF cap though, so it would have to be set to the current PSP RoF ( 13 bps? ) for it to be legal. Other than that it sounds like PSP3 to me.

tribalman
08-29-2009, 04:47 AM
It would be excellent to try out an e-mag before I buy lowers for it, but if AGD has kept the same amount of quality in the e-mag that's it's had in all of the other AGD products I've used/owned, then I'm sure I'll love an emag regardless :)

the emag is great. i love mine. a friend has a mini, it's ok. it's just not for me. i've been playing for a while so i'm used to the older style guns, the ones with some weight to them. he's only started playing a year ago. thankfully he's not like all the "agg" kiddies, he respects the older guns.

if you want a hefty emag to try out you should see mine. e-mag, halo, 12volt warpfeed, air america armageddon. :clap: when my friend got his mini he knew i had a few guns and he knew about most of them. he was bragging a bit about how light the mini was over my timmy, ion, and cocker. i then brought over my emag and had him hold it. i told him to gain some strength and deal with it or i will crush his mini under the weight of my gun. sadly, he wouldn't let me set the emag on it to see if i could crush it. :rofl:

btw i still use 1.36(maybe 1.37, i forget) on my e-mag. i have no desire to upgrade to xmod, i think the gun shoots fine without it. i've also shot a 3.0 too.

Chrishew09
08-29-2009, 08:14 AM
the weight of the mini vs. my emag isn't the big issue with me, it's the trigger feel. The Tunablade is just a wonderful trigger, the mini trigger has to much slop for my liking, I'm going to try an after market trigger on the mini maybe that would help. Also with my 68ci tank I hold the marker to far forward for my liking i would like a drop for it, but since that isn't really and option maybe I'll get a 45ci tank. the idea of a mini with my Fiber barrel, Vlocity and 45ci tank appeals to me, it would be a really tight setup.

flyingpootang
08-29-2009, 10:28 AM
The size of the mini is great. The trigger frame is large enough so our fingers don't hit the guard and the battery pack makes it very compact. I don't need a drop on it since I use a Ninja 50 4500. The only complaint is the on/off doesn't bleed...

Jaron
08-29-2009, 11:38 AM
the weight of the mini vs. my emag isn't the big issue with me, it's the trigger feel. The Tunablade is just a wonderful trigger, the mini trigger has to much slop for my liking,Agreed, I don't like the stock trigger feel on most of the new guns. I've had too many accidental firings with these overly sensitive microswitch triggers that only need to move a millimeter or less. I like a stiffer trigger with a longer pull. Perhaps some aftermarket triggers can help with that, but I don't have the money to experiment.

Chrishew09
08-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Agreed, I don't like the stock trigger feel on most of the new guns. I've had too many accidental firings with these overly sensitive microswitch triggers that only need to move a millimeter or less. I like a stiffer trigger with a longer pull. Perhaps some aftermarket triggers can help with that, but I don't have the money to experiment.
I'm going to get the new trigger that KEE offers when it comes in i'll let you know how it is.