PDA

View Full Version : Didn't get to play today...

ManInBlack
08-23-2009, 06:08 PM
but next time should be more fun!

A buddy of mine and I set up some natural bunkers in the woods where we play. We've just been using the trees and stuff but have been talking about making bunkers for the last year or so. The woods are pretty open, so now there's a few places to hunker down in the middle (which used to be no man's land).

Pics from my camera, but you get the idea.

There are bunkers in the background of each of these pictures
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/0823091740.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/0823091740a.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/0823091741a.jpg

My buddy
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/0823091743.jpg

Every bunker has a good shot on other bunkers but can also be shot at from ones behind it. Nothing is a perfect holdout position, but should still be usable in a game.

snoopay700
08-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey, put your goggles on on the field!
;)

ManInBlack
08-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Didn't even bring the guns with us today...

:rolleyes:

snoopay700
08-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Didn't even bring the guns with us today...

:rolleyes:
Like that should matter... :rolleyes:

Haha, but nice bunkers, i need to be able to make some like that for cleanup on one of our fields.

maniacmechanic
08-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Thats nice , no plywood needed

Sumthinwicked
08-23-2009, 07:04 PM
i do this on my field i ref at when theres nothing going on on my side of the field keeps it nice and clean and adds bunkers in open areas remove that rock though use dirt its softer to land on btw but nive job ....

going_home
08-23-2009, 07:07 PM
I collect all the damaged steel and fiberglass exterior doors from where I work
and take them to the field where I play the most. (when I get to play that is)
Use a 16 penny nail and a big fender washer to nail the doors to a tree.
Works great.

;)

punkncat
08-23-2009, 07:42 PM
That looks pretty nice. If we play on our renegade field this year, it is going to take quite a bit of revamping. Storms and weather took their toll over the last few seasons. My friends boys used to keep the field up pretty well. Where I worked at the time provided all the wire spool and pallets that we could handle. But they are grown and I don't work there anymore....Might have to take some of the scraps and do something very similar.

ManInBlack
08-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I'll have to let you guys know how it works out after we play, probably Wednesday. Word is we actually have a treehouse to put in the middle :)

neppo1345
08-23-2009, 11:35 PM
That rock will be fun to slide into...

Emphasis on the large one in the ground in the second picture.

Skoad
08-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Back in school we hit up Lowes, asked them if we could snag some of their pallets....they said sure! Got about 2 pickup trucks full pulled all the boards off one side to fill the gaps on the other, also did some other random configurations. Free pallets and a box of nails pretty much built our field.

snoopay700
08-24-2009, 01:50 AM
That rock will be fun to slide into...

Emphasis on the large one in the ground in the second picture.
Simple solution, don't slide into the rock.

I've slid into a bunker made out of metal barrels, it wasn't bad, i instinctively started my slide just early enough to stop pretty much when i got in (when i thought i was gonna crash into it). If you are running and sliding so late that you slide into the rock and hurt yourself you're doing something wrong.

For the record, i'm assuming this is a private field, not a public one, that's the only reason i'm defending it, for an actual field that more than just your friends play at it would be unacceptable.

Spider-TW
08-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Depending on who you play with, they may have a few too many cracks. :)

My team captain is known to put a few hundred rounds in a single crack to eliminate troublesome opponents.

If you build vertical posts again, you should consider going a little higher to discourage people from jumping over the "pointy ends".

I wish I had some pictures of our field cleanup day after hurricane Ike. We had two "super bunkers" that were over 8 feet tall and 20 feet long. In what had been an area full two and four inch branches, we built a 10 foot diameter U-bunker four feet tall. A solid foot or more of pine needles makes good cover.

ManInBlack
08-24-2009, 12:02 PM
About the rocks, there is definitely more cleanup needed before we actually play. I'm the only person in our group who wears kneepads, but there may be more soon. ;)

This is a private field, if I actually owned a public field it would be much more awesome.

I haven't decided how much effort I'm putting into filling the cracks. We'll see after we play.