PDA

View Full Version : JT goggles....

snoopay700
08-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Well i've got a pair of jt goggles i've had for a few years, and in that short time i've had to replace the lens at least 4 or 5 times (i lost count), and it's not due to the actual lens cracking, that part of the goggles is great.

The problem is the inner thermal lens. Since mine aren't the jt spectra 2 goggles the bridge of the nose part of the goggles squeezes the thermal lens and since it is so rigid makes it crack. I just found that out withing the past year because people on here told me they never had that problem so i naturally thought it was from how i put them in, but after i finally put them in how you are supposed to and made sure there were no cracks, finally after time a crack started appearing. That's when i found out it was a flaw with the goggles that would cost 20 bucks plus a new lens to replace (and a ref at my field who's been playing for the past 22 years told me that it's a failing common to the model i have).

So i contacted JT about this issue about 3 weeks ago since i don't have the money right now to buy a new set of goggles (although i am looking pretty hard at the Vents Avatars, unless anyone on here has anything to say against them) and they still haven't responded. So yeah, while i love my set of JTs because of the 260 degree field of view or whatever they say, but it's the best that i've seen (better than the old invisions) i am just fed up with their company for their really crappy customer service.

[/rant]

Sumthinwicked
08-24-2009, 02:21 PM
spectras god those are old and some people had issues with that i always use single pane lenses anyhow i fog out the thermals in any mask LOL i would get a flex 7 if you can find them ize model super flexy bottoms u can see though i have events and i like em but the open foam scares the hell outta me i like closed foam masks and i swear by flexs i think i have owned prob 12 of them team colors change LOL but i own 2 now and im picking up proflexs i like them better than the events and they are cheaper :rolleyes: but gl with ur decision

snoopay700
08-24-2009, 02:30 PM
spectras god those are old and some people had issues with that i always use single pane lenses anyhow i fog out the thermals in any mask LOL i would get a flex 7 if you can find them ize model super flexy bottoms u can see though i have events and i like em but the open foam scares the hell outta me i like closed foam masks and i swear by flexs i think i have owned prob 12 of them team colors change LOL but i own 2 now and im picking up proflexs i like them better than the events and they are cheaper :rolleyes: but gl with ur decision
Ok, well it's nice to know that i'm not the only one that's run into this problem, i mean i would love to keep the mask but this problem is just ridiculous.

As for the flexes i'll have to see what you mean by closed and open foam, i think i know what you mean but i'm not sure since i haven't had that many masks. Is it just the sides that don't have foam on the goggles? Either way it seems like flexes are the way to go, but i need thermal lenses lol, i fog up anything else.

Oh wait, i think you mean open cell foam now.... If that's the case then i have no problems with that.

Sumthinwicked
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
yea the sides near ur temples i hate that open i like the jts cause they are a solid protective circle around ur eyes the others let dirt paint and bugs in just a bad idea in my eyes ;)

snoopay700
08-24-2009, 02:55 PM
yea the sides near ur temples i hate that open i like the jts cause they are a solid protective circle around ur eyes the others let dirt paint and bugs in just a bad idea in my eyes ;)
Yeah i agree, but then again i've gotten mosquitos in my jts and couldn't get them out haha. :rolleyes:

I couldn't find any flex 7s in the color i want, or any bottoms in the color i want. I think i may end up going with vents, but i don't know.

Sumthinwicked
08-24-2009, 03:03 PM
ebay bro actaully the nation has every color and they will build to spec

snoopay700
08-24-2009, 03:23 PM
ebay bro actaully the nation has every color and they will build to spec
Hmm, maybe i'll have to check that out, but right about now the avatars are sounding pretty nice.

Spider-TW
08-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I have always cracked the inner lenses on JTs. I've done three spectra lenses in the last five years. In the series before that (the little front mask) the inner lens just separated on the corner and would let moisture in. I have flex 7s and really like the protection, but they are a little clunky and it's time to replace the strap and frame (foam). I added foam behind the ears to keep the hard cover off my ears for all day games.

I ordered some grillz recently. My son had won some for free, and I tried them on a few times. My colors aren't particular and I usually hit it with some paint anyway. I like my flex 7s, but for the price of replacement parts, I can get a long way to a lot of new goggle systems.

snoopay700
08-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah i didn't see any new stuff on the nation. I think it's just time for a new set of goggles, my proshield is just pissing me off. I mean the newer frame is supposed to be better i think, but for the 40 bucks for a new frame and lens i can get a new mask that has a soft bottom for 20-30 more

Sumthinwicked
08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
go to ur mailbox...