PDA

View Full Version : Family time !!!

fishmishin
08-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Alright guys here is the story. My wife has been in to decorating cakes lately, and has gotten pretty good with it if I might add. Anyway she decided that for family night she would make cakes for all of us to decorate, me and my 3 kids really. She was the teacher of fine art for this project. Well the kids all went in different directions with their cakes. My oldest daughter did Edward's face from Twilight, my youngest daughter went with multiple themes, and my son went with Lightning Mcqueen from the movie Cars. All three of the cakes turned out pretty good. Well then there was mine, lol. Didn't turn out all that great but I think everyone will get the picture. My cake needed to be a lot bigger though, I couldn't use all of my decorations due to lack of space. Anyway here it is, I know I'm going to lose a lot of man points for this one but it's like taking one for the team, it was FAMILY TIME !!! :rofl:

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo100/fishmishin/kidscakes011.jpg

Looking back on it I wish I had done it in a AGD theme :shooting: , but it still sticks to the paintball theme and it was way easier than trying to do the AGD logo. I will have to add some pics of the original layout, it was much better !!!

vf-xx
08-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Nice.

So, who's gonna take the 50? :D

snoopay700
08-24-2009, 06:23 PM
One of my friends wants to start making cakes, i won't mention his name for his sake, but i demanded he make an xmag cake if he makes anything. I hope if actually gets made one of these days, that would be a cake that might just beat out pie...

kwood
08-24-2009, 06:48 PM
well did it taste good or not!!! :D

TwilightG
08-24-2009, 07:23 PM
nice! since you chose a sport as your theme and it was family time, man points lost are only fractional ;)

what kind of cake is it? there had better be some chocolate in there :p

MeŠiCX
08-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Dude that is so gonna be my wedding cake!!

fishmishin
08-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Kwood, yep it is good !
TwilghtG, of course ! Oh and thanks for the points loss reduction, lol!!
MeDiCX, wait until I get to post the pics of the cake she is planning on doing for my birthday next month. She says I stole her idea yesterday, so now she is on a mission to out do me.
She's going all out with netting and chrono stations, the full nine yards.

Here are some pics of the original layout I had in mind, roughly. I just didn't have a big enough cake.
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo100/fishmishin/kidscakes008.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo100/fishmishin/kidscakes009.jpg

BiNumber3
08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
is that marzipan?

BigEvil
08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
AWESOME!! :headbang:

fishmishin
08-24-2009, 08:35 PM
No Bin it's fondant. The wife says it's similar to marzipan, and that is what I should have actually used to do the bunkers with. If you say so lady, lol. They stood up and she said it wouldn't work, haha !

Thanks BigE !

I know we all had a good time fighting over the good colors, the kids won though. Thats why the back cans are the same color as the grass, lol. I didn't think it would be wise to take all 3 kids on !!

Smoothice
08-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Good job.

Personally I would have done a super troopers themed cake. I just love that movie...

"Hey you! Bear f-er?

:rofl:

TeamBob
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Will this lead to COTM contest? Cake Of The Month :dance:

fishmishin
08-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Will this lead to COTM contest? Cake Of The Month :dance:
:rofl:

babyface
08-24-2009, 10:19 PM
i thought the pie was winning the pie vs. cake poll? cake of the month sounds delicious.

warbeak2099
08-25-2009, 12:11 AM
No Bin it's fondant. The wife says it's similar to marzipan, and that is what I should have actually used to do the bunkers with. If you say so lady, lol. They stood up and she said it wouldn't work, haha !

Thanks BigE !

I know we all had a good time fighting over the good colors, the kids won though. Thats why the back cans are the same color as the grass, lol. I didn't think it would be wise to take all 3 kids on !!

Yea fondant is better for draping over stuff. Marzipan or modeling chocolate is usually used for creating object.

/there go any man points I might retain by remaining silent

Automagsam
08-25-2009, 03:19 AM
One of my friends wants to start making cakes, i won't mention his name for his sake, but i demanded he make an xmag cake if he makes anything. I hope if actually gets made one of these days, that would be a cake that might just beat out pie...

It's me and I have been considering even making a cake of a mag of the month winner....any one up for that idea??? I'll do it!

snoopay700
08-25-2009, 03:29 AM
Yea fondant is better for draping over stuff. Marzipan or modeling chocolate is usually used for creating object.

/there go any man points I might retain by remaining silent
Better you losing them than me.

And babyface, it is, this is actually an illegal thread since it's about cake, it's the sole fact that it's a paintball cake that lets it slide by. ;)