PDA

View Full Version : 6-Pak serials

Watcher
08-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I just bought a 6-pak off of MCB for $200. Good condition, all original parts, no leaks/dings/bent parts...

I asked the seller about it and he claims that it does not have the check valve to keep air in the gun when you eject a 12ie.
He says that the first couple runs of them did not have the check valve, but I thought they all did in taking after the MicroCA.

Whether or not it does I really don't care, I can always install one later (its just a ball-bearing on a spring with an o-ring isn't it?). I just wanted a 6-pak before the next big-game I go to.

It is serial #336

When did the serials start? 001 or 100? Or something other than that?

Thanks

Ando
08-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Wow...good find bro.

Pyrate Jim
08-25-2009, 05:37 AM
I have #0040, and no check valve.

snoopay700
08-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Whether or not it does I really don't care, I can always install one later (its just a ball-bearing on a spring with an o-ring isn't it?).
You are correct sir, if you go o phantom owners group forum and search for check valve you'll see that you can even use a screw, which might even be better since the screw would act as a spring guide.

Watcher
08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
I have #0040, and no check valve.

So they DID start at 001... I wonder when they started adding the check valve.

You are correct sir, if you go to phantom owners group forum and search for check valve you'll see that you can even use a screw, which might even be better since the screw would act as a spring guide.

Ok, so that is simple enough.

I can't search PHOG as I'm not a member, but it never hurts to make accounts :clap:

snoopay700
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
So they DID start at 001... I wonder when they started adding the check valve.

Ok, so that is simple enough.

I can't search PHOG as I'm not a member, but it never hurts to make accounts :clap:
Yeah i made an account to check it out afer i got my phantom, see if there was any way i could squeeze even more shots out of that little 12 gram, seems 44 or so is the best that i'll get (it's a dropout changer, so even if i wanted a check valve i couldn't use one). But yeah, actually you can use one of the mag o-rings to make he check valve along with a screw and i think he used a ballpoint spring. It's cheap and easy.

EDIT: Here's a link:
http://idriders.com/ThePhog/index.php/topic,1067.0.html

Watcher
08-25-2009, 10:40 PM
I just thought of something.

GRimm's 6-pak is #2009, and if they only made 2000 of them the serials couldn't have started in 001. I'm guessing they started like production X-mags with 10.

Can anyone shed light on this?

AGD
08-26-2009, 10:04 AM
We started those at 001 and I have it. We made two runs of 1000 and that was not an exact number so there were probably a few over 2000.

To my recollection, we put check valves in all of them but a lot of people took them out.

AGD

GRimm
08-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey Tom, do you know how many lefty 6-paks were made? I heard it was something like 1 lefty for every 6 righty but I have never found anything to back that up. I'm just curious so I can tell people the right info when they ask about mine.

AGD
08-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Probably about 50 lefties were ever made.

AGD

Watcher
08-27-2009, 04:04 AM

AGD

Wow... That is considerably less than we thought :wow:

If my math is right it's about one in every forty.

GRimm, looks like your rare item just got rarer.

We started those at 001 and I have it. We made two runs of 1000 and that was not an exact number so there were probably a few over 2000.

To my recollection, we put check valves in all of them but a lot of people took them out.

AGD

Good to know, thanks Tom. I think I remember reading that stock-class rules don't allow check valves, that may be the reason for removing them.

Does the AGD store have any 6-pak parts?

Dude, GRimm, what if we find out that your 6-Pak was the last ever made! I'm sure it is the last lefty to come out :bounce:

Watcher
09-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Spreading the love!

I give you 6-Pak #336!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7699/6pak001.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1581/6pak002.jpg

And to think, this was a tournament winning setup in 1989:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2867/6pak003.jpg

I'll get awesomeness pics when I polish the LB up again and venture outside in better lighting.

The previous owner had removed the ball valve, right now I'm working on making it a pin-valve so I can chrono the Piranha properly without having to waste an entire 12ie every time I want to open it up to clip/shim the spring.

I have all of the components, I just need to grind down the pin to fit and somehow shorten the plug I have so it won't interfere with the way it threads into the ASA.

shives007
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM

AGD

And one of them is MINE!!!!! :dance: :bounce: :dance: :bounce:

I'll have to check serial number when I get home.

Shives