PDA

View Full Version : Texting while driving. (video)

oneworld
08-25-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't know if any of you are as guilty as I am about texting while driving (maybe it's just us damn kids?) But I usually do it everytime I get in the car, on the interstate/highway or curvy roads. I am really bad about it...Until now, my friend sent me this link and I am pretty sure I will think twice before texting while driving again. I wish the US would put something like this out on TV so people would get it. But for now I will just try and get this video out there.

Video is sort of scary(supposed to be) But it's on youtube. So it isnt to bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk

Also don't know who as all seen this. But I think it is a pretty effective video that everyone with a cell phone should watch.

snoopay700
08-25-2009, 03:29 PM
My ex did it and i yelled at her, before we started going out me and my girlfriend were in the car and i took her phone from her so she wouldn't text while driving, my friend does it occasionally and i yell at him. It's not all young people who do it, but then again when it comes to safety i'm really big on it, if there is anyone in a car that i'm in they will always wear a seat belt even if i'm not driving. Glad this convinced you to stop texting while driving. :cheers:

oneworld
08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
One of my friends is really bad about it to. Last winter we were on snow packed gravel roads and he was texting and slid past a turn and we went into the ditch. Tore his front bumper off, and he didn't learn a thing..I did, and that is never get in a car with him. he as almost killed me ATLEAST 10 times haha.

Shirow
08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't know how people can laugh at that stuff or act like it's not a big deal.

Driving a car is probably one of the most complex and dangerous things 95% of people do in a day and yet people treat it like it's nothing. Everytime you get in a car, if you don't pay attention you could die or kill someone. Yet it has become so commonplace to treat it like it's irrelevant.

It's sad, really.

Honestly - who the hell thinks it is OK to text while driving?

xero28
08-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm in California where they've banned talking on the phone while driving. I don't know how many other places have done the same. I don't know why they didn't include texting with that bill, I think that's much more dangerous than just talking.

The thing that really pisses me off are the people who are texting while crossing the street. They should make THAT illegal. Most of the time they NEVER even look up from the freaking phone. I know one of these days I'm going to plow into someone who just steps off a curb, entranced by the light and letters on their precious little phone, it's almost happened more than once to me already. How can you be so oblivious? :mad:

drg
08-26-2009, 12:50 AM
My state just banned using cell phones by hand in any way while driving. It worked.

Talking used to be epidemic ... I didn't used to see too much texting but I know it happend and I was guilty of it on occasion. I knew it was dumb but if the road is clear and/or the message short, it was doable.

cdacda13
08-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I believe Jersey has banned the use of any mobile electronic device while driving. And I agree with it. I yell at my friends when they do it.

About the video, the second car that hit the girls was also driving on the wrong side of the road. Where's the PSA about that driver?

beam
08-30-2009, 03:17 PM
New drivers are poor drivers (statistically) so adding anything to that is a bad idea...especially something like txting.

I saw a Dr. Phil segment where a girl was defending her txting while driving habit. And she said, "I'm a pretty good txter" ummmm HELLO? I don't care how good you are at txting...how good are you at driving?!?!

bornl33t
08-31-2009, 12:38 AM
I don't know how there are not more accidents then there are these days

bob87
09-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Just the other day I was driving down the highway doing about 60mph (speed limit is 55) when a girl pulled right out in front of me. luckily I was paying attention and was able down shift into third and lay on the breaks and. I came about a foot away from hitting her. I then pulled into the lane next to hers and noticed she was looking a her cell phone and texting. If I was driving my jeep I'd of hit her because the breaks are not as good.

dyeforever
09-06-2009, 04:01 PM
im guilty of doing this. i usually try and wait till im stop to text when im driving alone. if someone is riding with me i give it to them and tell them what to text.

Skoad
09-07-2009, 01:03 AM
This guy does hardcore texting while driving:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EWGpZwwoM8

Hilltop Customs
09-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Saw a guy riding a motorcycle and talking on a cell phone yesterday. I dont mean using a bluetooth headset, he was literally holding a pda style phone to the side of his head with his left hand. Talk about being unsafe.

You dont need to see a video of a car crash to realize how stupid texting while driving is, just look at the price per gigabyte of text messages and you will realize how stupid texting is in general.

1500 at $15/month = $75,000/GB
200 at $5/month = $192,307/GB
Non-plan per message = $1,533,742/GB at $0.20 per message

That is assuming you actually send the limit of text msgs under the plans. Now compare that to a data plan where price per gig is closer to $30-60, and normal internet which is normally around/under a buck a gig depending on usage.

grEnAlEins
09-07-2009, 12:22 PM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9453/textmessaging.jpg