PDA

View Full Version : Should it be working?

TeamBob
08-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Now let me state that i dont know much about Pnue-mags, but i didnt think that a classic valve would work with um. Esp. w/o a Ult. But i got board and started messing with my project guns (1 of many like all of us :D ) and tossed an extra valve i had in it and it worked. I havent had a chance to get it over a chrono, but sounds like it is working at about the right Fps. Granted i can easily outshoot the reg, so a high rof like we all would like out of a pneumag isnt happening BUT it is working, which kinda makes me giggle like a school girl as this is my first pneu gun, and the first ive ever shot or been around.

Im in the middle of getting an X, so i have a good feeling its gonna be :dance: after that

Sumthinwicked
08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
:rolleyes: who what no clue what ur talking about :P

TeamBob
08-26-2009, 07:42 PM
A pnued chimera with a classic valve. Kinda vague discription on the first line. My B

TwilightG
08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
An RT on/off is better to use. You won't need to use as much pressure from the LPR

Did you build the frame yourself?

TeamBob
08-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I have a classic Rt, the on/off should fit right in correct? And no, I didnt build it, the guy i bought it off of didnt either. But whoever did do it did a very nice clean job.

BiNumber3
08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
yep the on/off from yer rt will work

Spider-TW
08-26-2009, 09:54 PM
classics chuff a little more as pneus because they recharge slower. My ep mag is a classic mag and shoots faster than I do (switch bounce). If you use a shorter pin or some shims, the on/off can breath a little better.

I used "the electrician"s bore sizes to drill out the RT on/off top, but the shorter on/off pins seemed to do more. Getting the top of the pin to back off the oring more helps it open up. A good recharge time on the classic is about 60 msec (about 17bps). If you keep that gap between shots, your good. The only trouble with a pneumag is that you can easily drop one finger right after the other and loose that gap. Some people have rhythm, some don't. :rolleyes:

The only need for a ULT is because some of the e-frames are solenoid (direct, not solenoid valves) actuated and they don't have enough force to trip the sear and push in an RT on/off (usually).

The only thing wrong with a classic valve is that they don't RT. ;)