PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 video question

MajorDamage
08-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey folks, gots a querstion. I got a ps3 and linked it to my laptop through my wifi network. I cant get it to play videos that i'm sharing through windows media player... what am I doing wrong? do they need to be a certain format? Also it dosnt see anything thats on my external harddrive connected to my laptop but the stuff from it is on my windows media player library... I'm lost. HELP! Thanks.

ENDO!

Ando
08-26-2009, 08:12 PM
1. Click on your library tab and go to media sharing
2. If your PS3 is setup on your network, you should see something there that says "Unknown Device".
3 Check it and click "Allow", close the window and you should be set.
4. Click on your library tab again and click on "Add to Library"
5. Add what ever folder or file your wanting to share and your basically done.

Make sure your PS3 is setup properly or none of this is going to work.

Any more issues post them up. I'll try to run you around them.

MajorDamage
08-26-2009, 09:00 PM
how do i know if my ps3 is setup properly? I added the ps3 to the library already...hmmm

Archangel Kid
08-26-2009, 09:31 PM
If you took the PS3 out of it's box, plugged in the power cable, plugged in the A/V cables, and turned it on. It's setup properly. Yes there are only certain formats it will play. It's pretty damn close to anything except .mkv's though.

Ando
08-26-2009, 09:42 PM
There's a little more to it then that Angel..lol..

I added the ps3 to the library already...hmmm

If it's coming up under WMP then it's setup properly. What format is the video your trying to watch?

Edit: Make sure it's updated.

Vid Formats are:
MPEG 1 and 2
MP4
AVI
DivX
all dvd formats

And can't think of anymore. I'm sure there's a few I missed...

Archangel Kid
08-26-2009, 11:02 PM
There's a little more to it then that Angel..lol..

No there isn't. I've used my PS3 to stream from my pc and I use my 360 to stream from my pc. There is nothing you need to do on the PS3 to get it to stream. There's stuff you need to do on your PC, but you've listed most of them already.