PDA

View Full Version : issue with E-Mag firing...

Little_Ho
08-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Guys and Girls,
i have an E-Mag with X-Valve here which has issues.....

OK Battery is fully charged and ready......it have x-Mod 1.7 on it.

Ok its aired up and I turn it on and pull the trigger in e-mode nothing happen.....I can scroll to the screen were it said trigger Ace and i can see the trigger i actuating. I pull the valve out and push the sear down with an allen and pull the trigger and it works.
Its works fine in mech mode......

So what going on here??????

MeŠiCX
08-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Certain that X-valve has an emag pin??

SSP REAPER
08-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Take some digital calipers, pull out your on/off pin and mic it. If it is an Emag pin it should be .712.
The standard RT on/off pin is .750

Little_Ho
08-28-2009, 08:48 AM
it should be an emag pin but will double check....

ok just checked...its an .712 pin....

Little_Ho
08-28-2009, 09:08 AM
ok like i said the pin is an .712.....
i got the grip panel off and the Sear/Solenoid is pulled up is that possible that its the wrong lenght???
I mean the Solenoid too far out? Are there any specs of how far out the Solenoid can be?

another thing might be interesting.....in E-Mode i can hear the Solenoid klicking but its not pulling the plunger down....at all

flyingpootang
08-28-2009, 09:18 AM
E-Mag:
On/Off pin: .712" w/ brass top and double o-ring top.
.725" w/ aluminum top and single o-ring top.
Trigger Rod: 2.125"
Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

Also make sure your noid rod isn't bent and clean out your noid with Brasso or a jewelry cleaning/polishing cloth.

BigEvil
08-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

Check right there. Use red loctite to secure it at it's proper length. Make sure your dwell is at least 15.

If you are unsure how to measure the plunger rod, consult the Xmod manual.

Little_Ho
08-28-2009, 09:49 AM
OK the Plunger is too short and the Sear is too long.....i will be adjusting it and letting you all know.......

Little_Ho
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
ok everything is adjusted and with in the specs....but still no shot in emode....

Do i need a new solenoid?

Spider-TW
08-28-2009, 12:16 PM
ok everything is adjusted and with in the specs....but still no shot in emode....

Do i need a new solenoid?
**I've never had an e-mag**

However, a while back there was a discussion about old emag batteries (like a lot of rechargeables) that would hold a charge, appear full and the electronics would work, but not put out enough current to pull in the solenoid against a loaded sear.

0.01 (not two)

Little_Ho
08-28-2009, 12:25 PM
well i havent thought about that.........ill try to use the other Battery i have....

The other thing is with out the Valve in there using my Finger to push the sear down its shooting fine...

So yes with a pressurised Valve it will not fire in E-Mode

Jaron
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I had the exact same problem with my E-Mag. I sent it in to Tuna and he said the battery was worn out and the solenoid was weak. Both were replaced and it works fine now.

Little_Ho
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I had the exact same problem with my E-Mag. I sent it in to Tuna and he said the battery was worn out and the solenoid was weak. Both were replaced and it works fine now.

I thought about the Solenoid but havent thought about the Battery......Ill try some more over the weekend since its working time........ :(

Ill keep you all posted

kcombs9
08-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I had your same problem tell I got my battery fully charged, it would pull the plunger down without the valve on, with me just holding it up, but yeah you need at least 14v of power going to the solenoid for it to fire.

maniacmechanic
08-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I've had batterys that showed fine with a meter & would not work when under a load , you can rig up a load tester with a 12volt bulb (headlight bulb) , socket , wire & gator clips
You can cheat the noid a little bit by making the plunger a little longer
grip panel off , push down lightly on the c clip then pull the trigger ( assist the noid ) , will it fire then ??

Little_Ho
08-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Yep........a lot of Thanks to everyone helped me......

IT WAS THE BATTERY......i had a second one and put it on and see it works just fine......

like a Cadilac running smooth and fast.......yay :clap:

Thanks a bunch Guys.....