PDA

View Full Version : BBD's should be made mandatory...

MikeCouves
02-02-2002, 07:21 PM
The new breakthrough in paintball. The Barrel Condom, or BBD (Barrel Blocking Device), is a great jump for paintball safety. Much better than the traditional barrel plug, and are becoming far more popular. They were made mandatory by the NPPL in all their tournaments, and I think they should be made mandatory internationally. The IPPL (Internation Paintball Players League) needs to take action here and get these BBD's made mandatory. They are much safer, and even look cooler looking IMHO.

So...support BBD's at your local paintball field!!

hawpunch
02-02-2002, 07:40 PM
yep, i have to agree. i use a barrel condom and i think not only do they look cooler, but they are lot safer. i've seen a lot of people forget to put on their safeties off the field and accidentally fire off their gun. with just the barrel plug, they usually end up shooting the plug out at someone. with the barrle condom, even if the gun goes off, the condom will stay on. just my 2 cents.

aloha,

jae park

IceCool32
02-02-2002, 07:44 PM
BBD's are the safest way to block an accidental shot. Even if you're dry firing you can shoot a barell plug out! You can dry figure all day with the BBD. I use mine everytime I go out. One day it was all BBD's, the other I was the only one with one, if you get the right people together you'll see what the safest thing to use.

Jonno06
02-02-2002, 07:45 PM
I personally use a barrel condom,and I love it.My field has made it mandatory already.And i also think they look better,and are safer

virus
02-02-2002, 08:08 PM
they are a nessity with my soverign2... it doesn't have a safty... and when i use it, it is probly the safest gun layin on the table... BBD, air off, and empty chamber....

HoppysMag
02-02-2002, 08:14 PM
it is mandetory in most places. ( i donno i think they will have to pry my pink barrel plug outta my cold dead hand. but o well i quess change is good. i like those SP ones)