PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One Leak

Eddie9195
09-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Hello,
My Tac-One recently started leaking. It looks like it is coming from the on/off area between the frame and body. I have the ULT trigger installed and tried changing the shims on it, but it did not seem to help. I am not sure what else to check out.

Thanks for any help.

stoffa15
09-01-2009, 04:19 PM
does it leak when you hold the trigger???

Eddie9195
09-01-2009, 07:17 PM
I will have to air it up again to check that. I have had it apart several times, and the reason I think it is the on/off is because one time it did not leak until I pulled the trigger.

I will add air and let you know.

Thanks.

athomas
09-01-2009, 08:49 PM
If it is leaking out the on-off hole, then it is one of the two lower orings that are causing the problem. Shims won't help. You need to remove the piece of dirt that is causing the leak or you need to replace the defective oring.

Eddie9195
09-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I aired it up and it still leaks when the trigger it held. I am not sure it is the on/off....I can hear air down the barrel. I am not sure what other o-rings to check. I have taken it apart as far as I know how to and cleaned and relubed everything. How do I remove the front part of the X-Valve where the bolt slides? I would like to check that o-ring.

Thanks again.

athomas
09-01-2009, 11:56 PM
It could leak for a couple of seconds after the trigger is held. That's normal for a level 10 bolt. It should stop after a couple of seconds though. If it continues to leak out the front with the trigger held, then you need to replace the small inner oring from the on-off top assembly.

Eddie9195
09-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Ok thanks, I will change that o-ring tonight and hope it will be fixed.

Eddie9195
09-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Ok I changed the o-ring, now it stills leaks, but stops when I pull the trigger. Ugh how frustrating. ANy ideas what to check next?

Thanks again.

secretweaponevan
09-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Ok I changed the o-ring, now it stills leaks, but stops when I pull the trigger. Ugh how frustrating. ANy ideas what to check next?

Thanks again.

If holding the trigger stops the leak, your on/off is fine.
If it leaks with the trigger released, you have a leak in your powertube.
Remove all shims, retest.
If it still leaks, clean your carrier o-ring.
If it still leaks, move your carrier o-ring down to a smaller carrier.
If it still leaks, break in a new carrier o-ring.

athomas
09-03-2009, 06:19 AM
If holding the trigger stops the leak, your on/off is fine.
If it leaks with the trigger released, you have a leak in your powertube.
Remove all shims, retest.
If it still leaks, clean your carrier o-ring.
If it still leaks, move your carrier o-ring down to a smaller carrier.
If it still leaks, break in a new carrier o-ring.Well said. I concur.

Eddie9195
09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Ok thanks, I will try these tonight. Well except replacing it, since I don't have a spare.

stoffa15
09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
^^ Yup!

Eddie9195
09-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Ok I removed the spacers and it still leaks. I tried to clean the carrier o-ring, but that did not help. I do not have any other carriers, as I bought the Tac-One used.

I do not have a replacement o-ring to try, so I will have to order one.

Thanks for the help.

athomas
09-04-2009, 04:04 PM
You will need the other carriers. They are critical when tuning the level 10 for proper operation.

Eddie9195
09-05-2009, 01:11 AM
You will need the other carriers. They are critical when tuning the level 10 for proper operation.

Even though it was working already?

Where can I get the carriers?

athomas
09-05-2009, 07:28 AM
The reason different sized carriers are used, is due to the slight variations in the tolerances of the orings. The different sized carriers squeeze the orings so that the inner diameter of many different orings can be made the proper size to fit the bolt stem with minimal friction.

As long as everything stays the same, once you get the proper carrier set, it will stay that way. However, since you have developed a leak, possibly by a piece of dirt or a damaged oring, you need to change the oring. The chances of you finding the exact same size oring is very rare. So, you will need different sized carriers to compensate for the differences.

You can buy the carriers from AGD or from several of the dealers here on AO. The dealers can probably get the parts to you with cheaper shipping.