PDA

View Full Version : New X-Valve- Problem out of the box?

Drix
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
So I ordered a shiney new X-valve from AGD last thursday, great customer service, all was good, however....

On saturday afternoon I recieved a envelpe from AGD with a message from agd "Sorry, I forgot to include these with the X-valve" and found a set of 3 spacers inside (Sizes 0, 1, and 1.5)

Today (Tuesday) my valve arrived to my excitement. I opened the box and was surprised not to see much in the way of instructions, specifically no CD- but thats ok, maybe AGD did away with them, thats what these forums are for.

I did what any good PB junkie would do immediatly- I whipped out my minimag (don't worry the x-valve's going on an e-mag thats not at my disposal. I attempted to switch out the sear like the manual had said but my sear pin was just ever so slightly bigger than the hole in the new sear that came with the x-valve- Whatever, I'll use the old one they're identical.

I aired her up, fired a few shots, tweeked with the velocity and all was good.

Being the junkie I am I set off to tweek the performance of my new valve and dove for the online knowledge base, most specifically this article:

http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

As I was reading I referenced this picture:
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Images/x_valve_lg.jpg

And realized that I seem to be missing:

1. (1) Spring (I have a chromish one and a longer silverish one)
2. All spacers exept the 3 I had shipped to me seperatly
3. The white O-rings
4. The shims shown
5. The Fomie

Did I get a borked shipment, or has the contents of the x-valve package slimmed down since its conception?

Other than that- I love it! No complaints!

jonmcfatty
09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I bought one new in 2004 and I got everything pictured I think. But I remember that one of the springs was red. I would just call them.

georgeyew
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't know about the other items, but AGD started shipping only the limited spacers due to improved tolerance in the powertube orings. The other spacers probably won't be needed.

Ando
09-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Still, if they're advertising it with all those components and not shipping the valve out as pictured, they need to change the site to reflect what's going out.

To be honest, the carriers are one thing. Out of the 5 lvl 10's i have, all of them are using the 1 groove carrier, so I think you'll be fine as long as you have those first 3-4 carriers; but all the rest of the stuff like the springs, o-rings, foamies, shims and backing washer, your going to need if something goes Tango Uniform.
The sear...meh...I still have the same sear from my very first mag that i purchased back in 94-95. Those things last for ever.

I would call them up and see what the deal is.

Drix
09-02-2009, 02:57 PM
I talked to AGD-

Apparently they no-longer include a CD with your order, you only get 2 springs, 3 spacers (with the 4th in the valve) and I'm just missing a baggie full of stuff. Which they were more than happy to send. I diddn't bother asking about the sear- the old one works find and this is going on a e-mag in the near future so it don't matter anyway. All is good :clap:

Sumthinwicked
09-02-2009, 02:59 PM
i have bought new xvalves and never got a sear .... :rolleyes:

punkncat
09-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah...never got a sear. I have NEVER had to replace one of those hard white orings short of losing one. The foamie should not come out for a long time. If it does, don't worry about it too much, you don't need it. Besides, every new one you try to glue in will just fly across the room while you are dry firing the marker one day..... :D

Drix
09-02-2009, 03:49 PM
The gun I'm testing on is a mini-mag that had a l10 installed and used as a rental at Adventure Games in New Hampshire before the gun got sold.

That L10 has the origional o-rings and shoots as good as the day it was origionally purchased. Now all I need is a ULT

athomas
09-02-2009, 04:01 PM
The red spring is most used bolt spring. You should bet one of those, and possibly a spare if you are a heavy user, because they do wear out.

When you are setting up your level 10 bolt, don't install any powertube shims until you are totally finished the sizing and testing of the carriers.