PDA

View Full Version : Which company

Lohman446
09-02-2009, 09:24 PM
It seemed pretty easy to jump on SP as being the company that failed, and it has some logic behind it (DLX for instance).

However there are other major companies out there that this would not be surprising and one could make a compelling argument:

Dye: massive investment requires return on investment to keep afloat. Paintball has slowed down

Empire: Same as Dye but with less of a following it seems

WDP: When was the last great Angel? - yeh, just pretend this was right in the poll

PMI: Evil / PMI. Big enough distributor but has been fading lately.

Vote once - defend your logic if you chose.

georgeyew
09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Empire/Evil/PMI are all part of KEE. They can't go out of business independently.

punkncat
09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I doubt it's APS.

going_home
09-02-2009, 09:49 PM
http://viewfromthedeadbox.blogspot.com/2009/09/mr-curious-strikes-again.html

StygShore
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
WGP never made an Angel- and they ave been gone for a while pretty much since Bud sold to K2/JT

Empire/PMI/Evil are all part of Kee - dont see them going under anytime soon

I think it is going to be Spec Ops or PTP ( do they qualify as a manufacturer major anymore )

Styg

Frizzle Fry
09-03-2009, 09:11 AM
WGP never made an Angel- and they ave been gone for a while pretty much since Bud sold to K2/JT

I think it is going to be Spec Ops or PTP ( do they qualify as a manufacturer major anymore )

Styg

SpecOps isn't that old and PTP isn't that big... Not gonna happen.

Lohman446
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM

Styg

Oops. that was meant to be WDP

Beemer
09-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Oops. that was meant to be WDP

Fixed.. :D

tasker89
09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I selected "other" but not because I don't think it isn't SP. I just don't agree with the conclusion that the Gardners are "done", though SP as we all know it may be.

MANN
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
I voted SP, but they are not dead. they are just laying off employees. which was spun into "SP is going out of buisness"

Mongoose
09-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I voted SP, but they are not dead. they are just laying off employees. which was spun into "SP is going out of buisness"
so the news is out already? wasnt aware that it was released :rolleyes:

bulzeye
09-03-2009, 11:50 AM
It seemed pretty easy to jump on SP as being the company that failed, and it has some logic behind it (DLX for instance).

However there are other major companies out there that this would not be surprising and one could make a compelling argument:

Dye: massive investment requires return on investment to keep afloat. Paintball has slowed down

Empire: Same as Dye but with less of a following it seems

WDP: When was the last great Angel? - yeh, just pretend this was right in the poll

PMI: Evil / PMI. Big enough distributor but has been fading lately.

Vote once - defend your logic if you chose.

empire/evil/pmi are not companies. they are only a brand

Lohman446
09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
empire/evil/pmi are not companies. they are only a brand

I had missed or forgotten the sale to KEE :). That being said most large conglomerations at least keep some division of corporations to seperate assetts for legal reasons. While they are likely all under the KEE flagship I would be willing to bet they still exist as a corporation seperate from KEE. IE - it was possible for Chrysler to go bankrupt without bankrupting the assett management group that owned it. That being said it was an oversight on my part

bulzeye
09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I had missed or forgotten the sale to KEE :). That being said most large conglomerations at least keep some division of corporations to seperate assetts for legal reasons. While they are likely all under the KEE flagship I would be willing to bet they still exist as a corporation seperate from KEE. IE - it was possible for Chrysler to go bankrupt without bankrupting the assett management group that owned it. That being said it was an oversight on my part

pmi maybe as they were the only one that you listed that was formerly a company. empire and evil have always just been a brand.

Rudz
09-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I personally thinl SP will sell off current inventory then regroup under the GImilsim and DLX names.

The SP line must not be making money anymore and they've decided in there eyes the 50 cal milsim is the new era, I doubt we will ever truly rid ourselves of the gardner brothers, but what I'm wondering is what will happen with there patents, THAT could affect the industry if SP is no longer capable of enforcing them.

The gardners have too many well paid lawyers for them to just dissapear, I believe SP may be gone, but not the gardners, you think we would really get rid of them so easy?

Shirow
09-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I personally thinl SP will sell off current inventory then regroup under the GImilsim and DLX names.

The SP line must not be making money anymore and they've decided in there eyes the 50 cal milsim is the new era, I doubt we will ever truly rid ourselves of the gardner brothers, but what I'm wondering is what will happen with there patents, THAT could affect the industry if SP is no longer capable of enforcing them.

The gardners have too many well paid lawyers for them to just dissapear, I believe SP may be gone, but not the gardners, you think we would really get rid of them so easy?

Yeah, obviously nothing is really changing, they just fired a bunch of people. They could just be moving all the SP R&D/production to China or whatever to save money. I really doubt they would just drop 90% of their workforce and let everything die.

I know people think SP seems to have come to an end but I'm not so sure.

MANN
09-03-2009, 05:00 PM
so the news is out already? wasnt aware that it was released :rolleyes:

Thats because 68caliber is always a day late. :cool:

Ando
09-03-2009, 08:35 PM
They could just be moving all the SP R&D/production to China or whatever
Give this man a SFL... :p

My thoughts exactly.

Shirow
09-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Give this man a SFL... :p