PDA

View Full Version : Where Chris Nearchos?

BenoitOWN
09-05-2009, 08:46 PM
He havent logged in for a while now and he was owing me an constant e-mag adapter(or whatever he called it) and some replacement item my mag need.

He seem to be a straight guy with other purchase in the past but now I wonder if someone heard about him and the project he was working on.

I used AO e-mail option but havent heard anything back.

Beemer
09-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Did you pay for it already?

teufelhunden
09-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Did you pay for it already?

Yes = bant

p8ntbal4me
09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Good Luck,......

DEEPSEA
09-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I have been talking to dend79 and he is taking the pm's for chris. I was told it was a family emergency or something along those lines. He will be back. :cheers:

zondo
09-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I have been talking to dend79 and he is taking the pm's for chris. I was told it was a family emergency or something along those lines. He will be back. :cheers:

Is Dend79 Dend78's older brother? :cheers:

bunny5
09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
i'm still awaiting some parts from chris as well. hope things are good.

jade_monkey07
09-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I hope it was nothing serious, chris is a good a guy and has helped me in the past. On the other hand im waiting for stuff from him too :p

Good luck chris!

busby
09-13-2009, 04:03 AM
looks like he's been busy.http://paradigmcustomproducts.com/default.aspx

Ando
09-13-2009, 06:40 AM
PCPs next production will be a new run of boards for all markers that are based upon the software for E/X-mags (Xmod).

That's what I'm talking about. :D
Maybe if we wish hard enough they'll even make an eletro drop in kit to for a select few mag frames.

bunny5
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
any news?

Tombola
10-19-2009, 08:08 PM
still no news, no? i´m still carrying my heavy ni-mh batteries :cool:

splat15k
10-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Anybody have any luck finding Chris? I need to acquire a few of his products.

bunny5
10-30-2009, 09:40 AM
nope... still waiting for my sfl emag electronics!! :cuss:

Dend78
10-30-2009, 10:41 AM
well guys honestly im not sure at this point what to think, honestly im starting to think in the worst way. last i knew he had some legal issues with his new business according to his email he sent last, and he said he was planning on getting back to full swing in a couple of weeks well that has since been almost 2 months now and he hasnt responded to my emails. so i really dont know what to tell you guys he went from being very up front with me to nothing now i dont know what has happened to him. If i hear anything form him I will send him this direction.

splat15k
10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
well guys honestly im not sure at this point what to think, honestly im starting to think in the worst way. last i knew he had some legal issues with his new business according to his email he sent last, and he said he was planning on getting back to full swing in a couple of weeks well that has since been almost 2 months now and he hasnt responded to my emails. so i really dont know what to tell you guys he went from being very up front with me to nothing now i dont know what has happened to him. If i hear anything form him I will send him this direction.

That would be greatly appreciated, thank you. In the meantime, we must maintain our trust in him and hope that he works through with whatever difficulties are delaying him. I'm crossing my fingers he resurfaces soon...where else can i get an x-mod programmer and lithium ion batteries w/ charger??

p8ntbal4me
10-30-2009, 06:01 PM
That would be greatly appreciated, thank you. In the meantime, we must maintain our trust in him and hope that he works through with whatever difficulties are delaying him. I'm crossing my fingers he resurfaces soon...

I RECOMMEND that you do NOT purchase ANYTHING from Chris,.... not reliable in ANY way,... products or the seller. My multi-battery charger he made me is now junk..... as well as a new battery :mad:

where else can i get an x-mod programmer and lithium ion batteries w/ charger?? X-mod programmers can be purchase from LorneCash,....

,.. if your looking for a new board for the E/X-Mag,...... dont stray too far from AO/BEO this spring.

~ P8nt

splat15k
10-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I RECOMMEND that you do NOT purchase ANYTHING from Chris,.... not reliable in ANY way,... products or the seller. My multi-battery charger he made me is now junk..... as well as a new battery :mad:

This is alarming and eye-opening! I'm glad to learn of this now; saves tons of headaches later down the road. Thank you sir!

I knew I saw something on BEO regarding new boards for the E/X-Mag...it's good to know I wasn't hallucinating. So many awesome products coming out. It sucks being impatient.

flyingpootang
10-31-2009, 01:25 AM

~ P8nt
Jai, I'm surprised this happened because both of you are stand up guys. I'm surprised Chris didn't try and work it out with you. Hope it gets resolved and I can't wait to see your board....

Dend78
12-03-2009, 10:59 AM
well I believe it is official I believe Chirs has now stepped over the the other side and is now going to be looking at legal actions from myself....any of you that have paid him for any parts or service I would say get ready to file a police report. I honestly wish I could explain what happened but I cant. He went from being quick to respond and to help out to getting back to me every once in a while and now hes not responding to anything. Although he did say he was having legal issues with one board he was making due to patent issues but that was it ive heard nothing else.

It is true he owes me a substantial amount of money in which he and I went in together on contract, I would front him the money in return I would be repaid in full plus extra (which he set) within 1 year along with I would receive monthly updates from him as to how things were going, project updates and what have you. Well it has since been 3 months since last time he and I spoke and well thats a breech of contract on his part so Im going to try one last time to contact him and if nothing comes of it Im going to the PD and reporting it then if needed Im going to speak with a lawyer to see what my options are.

It saddens me to have to report this to you all I had high hopes for Chirs and the projects he had on the table but I believe he has taken a cowardly route out. Honestly at this point I would just like to see my initial funds returned and we call it square, and I would also like to come back in a week or two and completely edit this out but I dont forsee it happening. So again I have sent him a final message telling him he has 1 week from today from there I will seek legal actions.

Dend78

p8ntbal4me
12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Im resolving the issue with the boards we need at the moment,.. this is all being done with my own money MINUS Chris or anyone else for that matter.

Those of you whom have been waiting on monies or parts from Chris should get together with Dend and file at your PD.

This has happened here all too many times....

~ P8nt

Dend78
12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Im resolving the issue with the boards we need at the moment,.. this is all being done with my own money MINUS Chris or anyone else for that matter.

Those of you whom have been waiting on monies or parts from Chris should get together with Dend and file at your PD.

This has happened here all too many times....

~ P8nt

yeah it kills me to have to do it this way but its finally come down to it :(

bunny5
12-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Long story short..

I sent Chris my sfl electronics a year ago to get resoldered. Apparently he dropped them on the ground :tard: and said he would replace the LED screen with a colored one. I've sent him countless emails and PMs but no response. I've been busy with work and haven't really noticed how long it actually was..

He owed me a favor for the electronics so I did not pay him for the service. I'm not sure what I want to do right now. I haven't attempted to reach him by mail or the phone yet so i'm not sure if I want to have the police involved yet.

Smoothice
12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Long story short..

I sent Chris my sfl electronics a year ago to get resoldered. Apparently he dropped them on the ground :tard: and said he would replace the LED screen with a colored one. I've sent him countless emails and PMs but no response. I've been busy with work and haven't really noticed how long it actually was..

He owed me a favor for the electronics so I did not pay him for the service. I'm not sure what I want to do right now. I haven't attempted to reach him by mail or the phone yet so i'm not sure if I want to have the police involved yet.

I assume you just sent him your board? Cause if you sent him the whole sfl I would be doing more then calling the cops...

teufelhunden
12-03-2009, 11:58 AM
well I believe it is official I believe Chirs has now stepped over the the other side and is now going to be looking at legal actions from myself....any of you that have paid him for any parts or service I would say get ready to file a police report. I honestly wish I could explain what happened but I cant. He went from being quick to respond and to help out to getting back to me every once in a while and now hes not responding to anything. Although he did say he was having legal issues with one board he was making due to patent issues but that was it ive heard nothing else.

It is true he owes me a substantial amount of money in which he and I went in together on contract, I would front him the money in return I would be repaid in full plus extra (which he set) within 1 year along with I would receive monthly updates from him as to how things were going, project updates and what have you. Well it has since been 3 months since last time he and I spoke and well thats a breech of contract on his part so Im going to try one last time to contact him and if nothing comes of it Im going to the PD and reporting it then if needed Im going to speak with a lawyer to see what my options are.

It saddens me to have to report this to you all I had high hopes for Chirs and the projects he had on the table but I believe he has taken a cowardly route out. Honestly at this point I would just like to see my initial funds returned and we call it square, and I would also like to come back in a week or two and completely edit this out but I dont forsee it happening. So again I have sent him a final message telling him he has 1 week from today from there I will seek legal actions.

Dend78

im quoting this just so if you decide to edit it out there remains a record (at least until beemer decides to edit it)

bunny5
12-03-2009, 12:14 PM
lol smoothice, just the board and solenoid. I couldn't trust him with my sfl after my warp breach incident... :tard:

Dend78
12-03-2009, 12:35 PM
im quoting this just so if you decide to edit it out there remains a record (at least until beemer decides to edit it)

understood i would only delete it if everything was taken care of, and when i say everything i mean bunny, Benoit, p8nt and myself.

Swamp Thing
12-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I too am haveing trouble and I need to know what I need to do

I delt with Chris before and as stated he seemed to be a stand up guy. Made me a batter pack and did some mods for me and all went well.

I had a Gold X that had issues and just bought a Euro X (The King Tut One) only to find a non standard battery pack.

Back in the spring I sent him both for repairs and was told I might have by D Day.

Initally he sent regular updates and communicated about every delay. Back in Summer he said he was missing one part and my guns whould be shipped to me ASAP

Then nothing

I E mailed No Reply.

I PMED No Dice

I finally got concerned and sent him a registered letter saying to call me about two weeks ago. Nothing

What do I need ot do to get the cops involved

Swamp

teufelhunden
12-03-2009, 03:32 PM
to get the cops involved you would probably go down to the police station and see what they say. idk how it works if it's across state lines, but they may... or can at least point you in the right direction

Swamp Thing
12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
After reeding above I got right on the phone

First I called the PD in the town where I shipped my stuff AKA Greencastle PA

They looked up his address and said that it needed to go to PA State Police.

Transfered to them. I was told that they do not take reports from other people in other states. The process is that I have to report the crime in my to my local PD and once I have a report the PA State Police will follow up on it.

I supmited my report today. In 3-5 Days it will be filed and I will get back in touch with the PA State Police and have them pursue it.

Hope this helps anyone else who is thinking about the same thing

Swamp

bunny5
12-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Here is an interesting PM a while back. It describes my issues with him and the warp breach he worked on. He tried to get a mold of the breach but the mold stuck to the part..... Take it for what its worth...

04-21-2009 Re: Breach Updates?
08:46 PM Chris Nearchos

sorry for not getting back sooner. just been extreamly busy with everything.

but to give you a heads up, everything i had (idea wise) from that breech will be coming to life very very soon. I have my new CNC on the way and will start cranking everything out.

but i am glad you were able to fight all the odds thrown against you with the mag. I do truly apologize for all the crud i caused you.

-Chris

Just saw this PM, I just got the part reanodized and everything looked great!! There was no sign of what the breach actually use to look like...

Hope your business is going well.

Robert,

Sir, I just want to express how sorry i am for all the problems i have caused you with the breech. I do hope that when you go to have it annoed that it will look like nothing ever happened. Which i think it will now with that acid bath i was able to give it.

I know that what i sent wont even come close to making up for the situation. But it was a start i believe. hopefully will be great replacement parts for you. Again, if you wish to leave negative feedback or anything, by all means go ahead. you deffintly deserve to have the ability. but if you wish not to, then okay.

as an update for the project, i should have the project parts coming in this coming week and see how they fit and all. hopefully they fit exactly as they should and Xmags will be having a new lift in the world.

With all that said, i do hope this wont distrust you from dealing with me in the future and hopefully we can continue to keep a great mag owner friendship.

-Chris

Chris-

Got the package over the weekend! Everything looks good...kinda..

Thanks for the ACE Board, that looks great btw..

Also thanks for the extra emag board!!! you never know when I may need one of thos!!

I was able to polish up the warpbreach and it turned out looking pretty good!!

Glad everything worked out in the end.

-Robert

Chris-

Any news on the breach? LMK. Thanks!

Actually, Yes! good news to be exact. I honestly did not want to send the breech back to you in the condition it was in. So i tried one last time to correct the situation. And it worked. I was able to get my local Machinest to fix the problem. What he did was a very light acid bath for a bit of time. This way it cleaned the surface very slowly while being able to keep a very close eye on it so that no damage was done from the acid. And it worked! Most of it has been cleaned off and the rest (just to stay on the safe side) should be taken care of with the acid bath in the prep stage of anno'ing. So the breech has been pretty much saved and looking a whole hell of a lot better now!
I just got it back from the machinest on saturday (took a bit longer to get back because of the holidays). But i just had it shipped out today. Shipped via USPS priority mail (2-3 days).

Traking #: 9125 7850 9140 1868 7098 97

has $400 insurance
has signed DC

in your parcel you will find:

- your breech
- your new ACE board
- another special item

I will pp you the $100 i owe you. So shoot me your PP address and i will get that to you as soon as i can.

but with that said, another good piece of the news. I was able to make a good mold copy of it with some special liquid plastic i got in (before sending it to the machinest). So as soon as i get the New Emag boards finished up, I will have the Xmag breech idea done up and out for production.
Which will be great for the Xmag owners that want to use break beam eye setup with the new board.

Finally, I want to truly appologize for all the problems and hassel i have caused you. I dont know why this project (just to make a copy) was so troublesome from the start. But it is finsihed and time to reap the benifit of the whole point. I will deffintly make sure that it is know that if it wasnt for you....the whole thing wouldnt have happened.

-Chris

Dend78
12-03-2009, 06:40 PM
edited info out

Swamp Thing
12-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Dend

I sent you a PM just now with some of my info

This thing with me is this. Chris was great and he kept me updated and responded very fast any time I e mailed him then about Late June or Early July it was like he fell into a black hole.

Last msg I had he said he had some stuff come up but he was gonna get complete my order in a week or so and I would have the guns back in short order. That was about five months ago.

Since then I have tryed to get in touch with him by every means I had and I have gotten ZERO response.

I was worried that he had been hurt or killed or something untill I found this thread today.

If anyone knows him and can talk to him he has a few days to get me my stuff before it becomes a legal matter.

Swamp

wetwrks
12-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, I did a bit of looking on the internet and found a listing for Chris and it appears that I also have a place of employment for him. It states he is the Owner of Greencastle (Greencustle) Laminate.

If you need the contact info PM me and I will give it to you. Maby this will get you in touch with him.

Dend78
12-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey guys, I did a bit of looking on the internet and found a listing for Chris and it appears that I also have a place of employment for him. It states he is the Owner of Greencastle (Greencustle) Laminate.

If you need the contact info PM me and I will give it to you. Maby this will get you in touch with him.

nice your Google-fu must be stronger than my own very good grass hopper :ninja: PM inbound!

Swamp Thing
12-04-2009, 09:51 AM
When I googled you need to realize that Chris is the II and I did find a 43 year old listed at the same address. I assumed that since Chris was an Aerospace student that would have been his father.

I suspect the biz is his fathers

Swamp

Swamp Thing
12-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I decided to document what he has if anyone sees this for sale let me know. Only good thing is I did not ship breach or barrel so it is an incomplete gun

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l458/SwampThing66/Paintball%20Guns/Golden%20Gun%20XMAG/IMG_0671.jpg

Swamp

Swamp Thing
12-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Chris also has this

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l458/SwampThing66/Paintball%20Guns/photollf.jpg

Swamp

CatoRockwell
12-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Wow :eek: he has both of those beautiful xmags?
I can only imagine what you must be going through, what your poor mags must be going through as they molested by a strangers hands.

Let's get a lynch mob together and go after this creep before something horrible happens to your babies. :shooting:

Swamp Thing
12-04-2009, 11:39 AM
I am just thankfull I did not send the breach with either one.

Swamp

Dend78
12-04-2009, 12:09 PM
edited out

wetwrks
12-04-2009, 02:15 PM
When I googled you need to realize that Chris is the II and I did find a 43 year old listed at the same address. I assumed that since Chris was an Aerospace student that would have been his father.

I suspect the biz is his fathers

Swamp

Yes, but I would bet the father knows how to get in touch. :ninja:

Dend78
12-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Yes, but I would bet the father knows how to get in touch. :ninja:

my thoughts as well I may give him a buzz and see if he can help us out in any way possible

Smoothice
12-04-2009, 02:34 PM
The sad irony in all this is that Chris lead the pack in attempting to get stuff back from devils den...

Stayhuge
12-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Chris also has this

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l458/SwampThing66/Paintball%20Guns/photollf.jpg

Swamp

How long ago did you send that to him? Saw this for sale on the nation 10 months ago. Not sure if it was you that bought it though:Xmag (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2966577&highlight=Xmag)

Dend78
12-04-2009, 02:39 PM
The sad irony in all this is that Chris lead the pack in attempting to get stuff back from devils den...

this is what im saying its totally off the wall, he was very into what he was doing, i dont know if the legal actions he spoke of has really put him behind the 8-ball or what hes told me nothing more, and I hate to dig and pry at the guy but I dont know what else to do.

Dend78
12-04-2009, 02:40 PM
this is what im saying its totally off the wall, he was very into what he was doing, i dont know if the legal actions he spoke of has really put him behind the 8-ball or what hes told me nothing more, and I hate to dig and pry at the guy but I dont know what else to do.

How long ago did you send that to him? Saw this for sale on the nation 10 months ago. Not sure if it was you that bought it though:Xmag (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2966577&highlight=Xmag)

I do believe Swamp was the buyer there, it was up here as well

Smoothice
12-04-2009, 02:44 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209898

maybe some info from this thread can help you guys track him down.

Dend78
12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
well here is some more news to add to the fire, the number is disconnected :(

and the business is also at his home which from what i see on Google Earth is quite a ways out there

Swamp Thing
12-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes I was the Buyer of that mag when was up for sale. Once I got it it had a battery pack that had been converted to run off a nine volt style connector I could not charge so after talking it over with Chris I sent to him to get it to work off of one of his battery packs. Chris said he had gotten it to work and if I remember right was gonna sent it to me seperate from the gold as he needed one small part and did not want to delay my receipt of the X. At the time he was replying to all my PM and E Mail so I was like nah just keep it and ship it back in one package.

Swamp

insixdays777
12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry to see this AO brothers.

You guys find/look for him in facebook, ect....?

Said he had some legal troubles?? Think he is in Jail?

wetwrks
12-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Here is a different listing and address for the company, same phone:

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_f8sb9d

Ah...maby this info will help:

http://local.dailyitem.com/glw+cabinetry+inc.9.8760298p.home.html

Ando
12-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I think those NJ Mafia guys need to go see what's up :cool:

CatoRockwell
12-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Definitely do a public records search see if he is involved in any legal issues you'd also be able to find out if he is in jail.

I really do hope that he is a straight shooter who's just had some rough times but even so just to be safe everyone should post what He has so and then post on every paintball forum regarding this lest he attempts to unload his merchandise.

Dend78
12-07-2009, 09:20 AM
edited out

Swamp Thing
12-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Just to document

This is the last I heard from Chris from Aug 24 2009

I am at a stand still due to a big move atm. I also have another problem involving my time atm. But i will have everything but your gold X out to you by the end of this week. Sorry for the delay, but i have just been pounded by life situations lately. But dont worry, iam not running off with your guns or anything.

-Chris

This is the last time he replied to me via PM or E mail. I have had no response since then and my Tut Mag and hopper where not delivered as he stated in this mag. At Xmass it will be four months without any info with two $1000 plus mags and a hopper MIA.

Swamp

Dend78
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
:confused: strange that was the last time i heard from him as well Aug 25th

CatoRockwell
12-08-2009, 10:53 AM
:argh: hire a headhunter. If it comes to it's worst you all suould pool together and get a PI. You really should have someone do some research. If he is in any trouble with the gov. Or another legal entanglement They might have seized his assets. In which case he may be scared to contact you guys.

Swamp Thing
12-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I sent a Certified Letter to him on November 17. It was at the post office untill 12/4/2009 and just got back to me as return to sender after two weeks of being unclaimed.

My police report will be final in the next 24-48hours here in Arkansas. I plan on getting the PA State Troupers on the case then. If they can not help a PI may be a good idea.

Swamp

maniacmechanic
12-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Swamp , I feel for you , I don't know how far it is from Arkansas to greencastle , but sounds like it may be time for a road trip , don't some of them ums boys live in east pa ??

bbotts77
12-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I plan on getting the PA State Troupers on the case then. If they can not help a PI may be a good idea.
You may want to get a background check run on him before hiring a PI. It will be a lot less expensive and it might actually be faster. The most expensive check on this site is ~$40 and it includes aliases, arrests, bankruptcies, etc...
Intelius (http://www.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?trackit=63&ReportType=1&qc=greencastle&qf=Christopher&qn=Nearchos&qs=PA&)

Ben

Dend78
12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
well still no word as of right now and as it seems there wont be one in the next few hours, at which time I will be contacting the my local PD and getting this stuff started on my end. Swamp its looking like I may need your information to get this going on my end so hopefully everyone can work together to get this finalized

one question for you law guru's if any term in a contract is broken/not kept up with at any point it is considered breech of contract correct? also if the contract between he and I has been broken do I need to go to the police or should i see legal council or both?

mostpeople
12-08-2009, 11:09 PM
This is surprising for Chris Nearchos, he was a longstanding member of this place so I hope he gets his act together.

wetwrks
12-08-2009, 11:10 PM
one question for you law guru's if any term in a contract is broken/not kept up with at any point it is considered breech of contract correct? also if the contract between he and I has been broken do I need to go to the police or should i see legal council or both?

I would persue the police end of things before looking into lawsuit. To be able to take him to court and have a chance of actually getting anything you need to find him. Sure the court may award you the case but without finding him the award is worthless.

As for the legal aspect, seek legal council. They would know the laws in your part of the woods better than someone living in another state.

Dend78
12-09-2009, 08:20 AM
I would persue the police end of things before looking into lawsuit. To be able to take him to court and have a chance of actually getting anything you need to find him. Sure the court may award you the case but without finding him the award is worthless.

As for the legal aspect, seek legal council. They would know the laws in your part of the woods better than someone living in another state.

great thats kind of what I was thinking but I wasnt sure

This is surprising for Chris Nearchos, he was a longstanding member of this place so I hope he gets his act together.

very true thats why it kind of bothers me to go after him like this im almost sure something has happened because normally a person like Chris doesnt just fall out like this.

p8ntbal4me
12-09-2009, 10:38 AM

In my eyes,.. Chris is not a "longstanding member".

Hes made some things for sure. But his ability to get a quality product out and keep himself and his work/products on track has been less than good.

Ive had problems with 2 of his products and there is no solution in sight for a fix.

He also went around and negated on a HUGE deal we had between one another. Lots of money was invested on my end. Money that can not come back to me at this point.

~ P8nt

ezcreation
12-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Funny.

I had deals with Chris that went smooth. Then he asked for money to sponsor a project with insane return rates which made me very sceptical about it.

Have I had this gear at his place I would contact any number possible to know what is going on. He was a bright kid finishing university from what I gathered. So either something went insanely wrong or we got fooled badly

Frizzle Fry
12-09-2009, 12:42 PM
So either something went insanely wrong or we got fooled badly

Ok, so you're a mag guy and you want a few X-mags but don't have the $1,200 a piece that they'll cost you... You know enough to tech and do good work, so you do that and talk about the plans you have for projects that seem within the scope of your ability, but make it seem funding is the issue. Then you quietly accept custom X-mags from members, no "threads" involved, and then dissapear off the face of the earth with markers so uniquely custom that you can't sell them but you can play with them at smaller fields where they won't be recognized (plus they're mags, which frankly the mainstream player won't recognize as stolen).

I don't like that theory, but it's like those rich guys who pay theives to steal Picassos and Rembrants and stuff. They know they can't sell it, hell they bought it, and they know they can't hang it where people will see it (even friends and family). It's about knowing you have what others don't.

Swamp Thing
12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
I got my polcie report in hand and I called the Troupers in the County that Chris Nearchos lived in.

At first they told me it was just a civil matter and I had to sue him.

After a little more converstation they decided to take my report. I have them the details and hope to hear something soon.

Swamp

MANN
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Ok, so you're a mag guy and you want a few X-mags but don't have the $1,200 a piece that they'll cost you... You know enough to tech and do good work, so you do that and talk about the plans you have for projects that seem within the scope of your ability, but make it seem funding is the issue. Then you quietly accept custom X-mags from members, no "threads" involved, and then dissapear off the face of the earth with markers so uniquely custom that you can't sell them but you can play with them at smaller fields where they won't be recognized (plus they're mags, which frankly the mainstream player won't recognize as stolen).

I don't like that theory, but it's like those rich guys who pay theives to steal Picassos and Rembrants and stuff. They know they can't sell it, hell they bought it, and they know they can't hang it where people will see it (even friends and family). It's about knowing you have what others don't.

Chris use to own at least 1 Xmag. (that he purchased years ago)

Shirow
12-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Now how many does he own?

Frizzle Fry
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM

That was just a hypothetical. It's more likely that there's some sort of illness or family business involved... His work seemed so promising that I doubt he'd go all "punishers" on everyone. I wonder how much money / how many markers belonging to other people he's got currently, though?

Dend78
12-10-2009, 03:45 PM
AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED MY ISSUES ARE CLOSED HERE!!!!

Frizzle Fry
12-10-2009, 03:58 PM
well lets hash it out a bit

Swamp - 2 xmags, 1 hopper
P8nt - bits and pieces for the daughter boards and however much $$ he had invested there
Bunny5 - SFL electronics
Benoit - emag part cant remember what it was
me - $825.00

thats just on here those that have spoken up so do the math and you will see a pretty good size number

Damn... All that and he didn't get any firstborn sons? :(

Swamp Thing
12-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I did the background check and it came up for his dad. No current number is listed on the check. Old number is Disconnected.

I may use some of the info to contact his neighbors and pump them for info. Even if they will not give me any he may hear about all his close neighbors being contacted and take it more serious.

If I get no joy from that I want to hire the most intimidating PI and can and get him to try and recover my property.

Swamp

Dend78
12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
edited out

Swamp Thing
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I did a search of his local paper and no stories like Family dies in tragic fire came up with the name Nearchos.

Did not get around to calling his neighbors tonight. Forgot about the time change untill it was too late to be polite on the East Coast.

C Pope

zondo
12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I did a search of his local paper and no stories like Family dies in tragic fire came up with the name Nearchos.

Did not get around to calling his neighbors tonight. Forgot about the time change untill it was too late to be polite on the East Coast.

C Pope

Wasn't he in college too?

doober
12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Yes, and i did some research and i believe he is in Shippensburg University, PA

Also he has a facebook, search Chris Nearchos II

did a WHOIS on his domain for that new site, and it has his name but some PO Box in Sunnyvale, CA.

I hope people get in contact with him and even if something tragic happened other then his own death he should give everyone back their stuff and some.

PS Goodluck

Swamp Thing
12-11-2009, 08:01 AM
One thing that argues he is still out there is the fact that his PM Box is never full

Swamp

Dend78
12-11-2009, 08:20 AM
edited out

insixdays777
12-11-2009, 09:07 AM
His PBN activity per is profile on PBN is the same. He has not been on there since around the same time. Strange. He really dropped of the face of the earth. Good Luck Guys Keep us updated.

kwood
12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
where does he live?
is his shipping address his home address?
surely somewhere here on AO is within an hour drive time and could go knock on his door or talk to neighboors

Dend78
12-11-2009, 09:28 AM
where does he live?
surely somewhere here on AO is within an hour drive time and could go knock on his door or talk to neighboors

he lives or lived in Greencastle, PA, if you do a google earth of his addy it takes you out to an unfinished housing development which i know means nothing but still

jade_monkey07
12-11-2009, 09:41 AM
As for stuff that he has from other people dont forget the whole list of people that sent him boards to make "xmod versions"

he has a threshold board from me

Dend78
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
As for stuff that he has from other people dont forget the whole list of people that sent him boards to make "xmod versions"

very true what was there 13 different boards or more

Ratt
12-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah, he has my Tribal BBT frame, board, and backplate... :cry:

MANN
12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
where does he live?

I am going to PA on Jan 8th If anyone has his address I dont care to stop and try to talk to him. His house is on the way of where I am going.

I thought he made a post saying that he would be MIA for the next few months some time this summer.

I still dont think that he would just take everyones money and run. Not with everyone knowing his real name.

Dend78
12-11-2009, 01:10 PM
I am going to PA on Jan 8th If anyone has his address I dont care to stop and try to talk to him. His house is on the way of where I am going.

I thought he made a post saying that he would be MIA for the next few months some time this summer.

I still dont think that he would just take everyones money and run. Not with everyone knowing his real name.

I think this is the post you are reffering to

I am just giving a week notice that next week i will be temporary closing my doors for about 4-5 weeks as i do the hard thinking work of designing 23 different boards for the X-mod project and cracking out 120 E/-Mag boards for P8nt.

But all that have their orders orderd and in contact with me, dont worry, i will finish your orders.

I will be selling the new ACE's for the PTP body though when they are ready (bodies). so don't need to worry there as i already have them ready to go.

So if you need/desire any of my special goodies, you have till 03/21/09 to place the order before i temporarly go closed for 4-5 weeks.

Finally, if you wish to make an "emergency" order during that time though, it will be an additional $20 on top of final total.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is extreamly needed in order to get all the new boards done up for X-mod.

Thanks for your time,
-Chris

he has since came back then poof gone nothing after 8/25

as for stopping by his place that would be fantastic Mann ill shoot you his addy so you can try to find him. it would be great to know what has happened to him cause as you said i wouldnt think anyone in their right mind with everyone's stuff would just run off like that. im still thinking something has happened. thats why im not beating the guy up and getting super stupid about it. just kind of looking for answers myself.

bunny5
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
ill paypal you some gas money if you decide to go MANN.

MANN
12-11-2009, 01:17 PM
ill paypal you some gas money if you decide to go MANN.

No need. I am driving by there on my way to Ulster Pa. My grandparrent are having a 50th year anniversary on the 9th or 10th or whatever that saturday is. I am driving up friday and back on sunday (1400 mi in 3 days yay). none the less if it does not get straightened out by then someone pm me.

Dend78
12-11-2009, 01:23 PM
No need. I am driving by there on my way to Ulster Pa. My grandparrent are having a 50th year anniversary on the 9th or 10th or whatever that saturday is. I am driving up friday and back on sunday (1400 mi in 3 days yay). none the less if it does not get straightened out by then someone pm me.

i sent you the info Mann if something changes between now and then we will PM you or at least warn him your gonna show up to break some legs :spit_take

:cheers:

Swamp Thing
12-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Mann

I will owe you big time and as stated above I would definitely be up for compensating you for your gas at least.

I am still trying to work via the State PD have a call in right now to provide more information

I am also going to try and canvas his neighbors by phone and see if anyone has any info about his location.

I will keep updating this thread as I get more info.

Swamp

Swamp Thing
12-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I just got off the phone with a State Trouper from PA.

Looks like they are at least going to investigate this and see what is up

Trouper said that Chris Still have a license that is linked to the Address in Greencastle.

He did say he had another active address and that he was going to try and contact him and get to the bottom of this.

The bad news for Chris is that if I am forced to use the Troopers to recover my Mags it will result in a charge against him and he wiil be going to trial.

I was asked if I understood that and would I be willing to come up to PA for that if required. I said that I would.

I hate that is is comeing to this but I see no other way.

Swamp

mostpeople
12-11-2009, 04:32 PM
I just got off the phone with a State Trouper from PA.

Looks like they are at least going to investigate this and see what is up

Trouper said that Chris Still have a license that is linked to the Address in Greencastle.

He did say he had another active address and that he was going to try and contact him and get to the bottom of this.

The bad news for Chris is that if I am forced to use the Troopers to recover my Mags it will result in a charge against him and he wiil be going to trial.

I was asked if I understood that and would I be willing to come up to PA for that if required. I said that I would.

I hate that is is comeing to this but I see no other way.

Swamp

Bottom line you and he had a deal, he didnt follow through and you cannot locate him to recover your multi-thousand dollar investment.

So go for it!

GT
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
WhAt does a plane ticket and a rental car cost? I've knocked on a few doors for deals gone ary in the Houston area. No need to get violent. They usually wet there shorts when they see one or two of AOs on thier doormatt.....

Swamp Thing
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
We do not know where he lives in his last E mail he said he was moving and since then his old phone at his addy that I shipped to is dead.

I am going to wait and see what the troupers find out for me

Swamp

Chris Nearchos
12-11-2009, 11:53 PM
here is the only answer i can give right now due to the police situation.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247509

two quick side notes that i want to say that i noticed real quick on this page while making this post.

Josh Nearchos is my brother and has been on here looking at buying stuff and so forth. that account has no part with me. I have one and only one account on here: "Chris Nearchos". so please dont hassel him. take everything up with me as i am the one that failed you guys.

2nd,
Swamp, I don't blame you for what you did. you only did what was right and could only think the worst has happened. If i owned what you are waiting on, i would be doing the same thing if i was in your place. If you do go through with it, no hard feelings, i completly understand. But because of my life situation right now, I really have to beg for a second chance and get the situation fixed for you.

I will update and so forth on whats going on once i get things sorted out with swamp and the others.

my greatest apology to everyone,
-Chris

Chris Nearchos
12-12-2009, 12:00 AM

Yes, you are correct. I do have them. But i have not let that project down. It has shaped up to what might be a huge breakthrough in paintball and will be well worth everyone's time and help in that project.

I will be getting all those boards/frames back out to their owners now that i have completed the project. But the owners will get their promiced outcome. So please just wait as i finish the final programming and get the patent processed.

-Chris

Chris Nearchos
12-12-2009, 12:57 AM
In my eyes,.. Chris is not a "longstanding member".

Hes made some things for sure. But his ability to get a quality product out and keep himself and his work/products on track has been less than good.

Ive had problems with 2 of his products and there is no solution in sight for a fix.

He also went around and negated on a HUGE deal we had between one another. Lots of money was invested on my end. Money that can not come back to me at this point.

~ P8nt

I totally agree with you P8nt. I am in no way a "longstanding member". I have only done little compared to the real longstanding members who have really done something for the platform.

And Yes, I have done some good things and you are correct, they are not the best of products to be released for the mag. I admit, they do have some problems sometimes, But I have always set out to fix any problems when the buyers tell me. but a good bit of the time, they dont tell me, so i couldn't help/fix the problem. which is also why i had my items at prices where i only made $5 at max.

Unfortantly, I do not have 20-30 years of production/engineering knowledge. I am only going off what i have learned from the books/reallife/and practice.

And if i was you, i would be right along your same lines and spreading the word of what your buisness outcome with me was. cause it is true! I did let you down and didnt get the board you desired released. I am sorry and thats all i can say. I honestly have nothing more i can give to fix the situation. I wish i could have fixed the situation, but i cant now and can only take the blame.

Funny.

I had deals with Chris that went smooth. Then he asked for money to sponsor a project with insane return rates which made me very sceptical about it.

Have I had this gear at his place I would contact any number possible to know what is going on. He was a bright kid finishing university from what I gathered. So either something went insanely wrong or we got fooled badly

I am glad you enjoyed your dealings with me. I wish i could have made it that way for everyone. but I have failed a good many people right now and only deserve the outcome. For i have only brought this upon myself and noone else is to blame.

and yes, I did contact you and few other great Ao'ers about investing in project. In which is moving and being completed. And if you guys and girls want to know what it was for, it was the following.

- cnc
- plastic smelter
- and basic startup cost of high production (i.e. have parts stocked).
**- patent cost <-- what was added with the edit to the post**

and yes, the return of the investment was high. but whatelese can i do to find some investers willing to invest in a small business at a time (which still is) hard on the pocket. and i didnt want to wait two or three years to try and fund it all on myself as being a college student is very very hard to do. I have the knowledge but not the pocket. and to be honest, when what i have instored does come to production, money will be no problem which is why i was comfortable giving a high return.

Finally,

Bunny--> I am honestly shocked you have not expressed your true anger towards me. For if i was in your shoes, i would be out with a pitch fork and fire. You are the one person that i have let down not just now, but also once before (big time). But i would honestly believe you would have every right to yell and could not argue against it.

for the people who dont know, over the summer i had taken on a small project with the great help of bunny. I was wanting to replicate a SFL stock style breech so that i could help out all the SFL and X-mag owners that were in need of replacment or wanted more breeches. unfortantly when I went to mold the SFL breech he had sent me for the project, the mold material i used ATE at the ANNO of the breech, caused spotting in the breech metal, and left it in a nasty state. Fortantly, probably the only reason I was not hung on the spot for that by AO is because he was able to hide that mistake of mine when he had the breech reannoed with the rest of the SFL.

I know the spare main board and ace and other items i sent back to try to make up for the problem wont ever fix what i did wrong and i am really sorry for that. And having your last two boards that needed done makes me really indebt to you and owe you big time for all the problems i have caused you.

I know everyone is now tired of me just taking the blame and saying sorry. But that is all i can do at the this moment right now. I know its not even close to what needs to be done, but its all i can do right now.

My greatest apologies,
-Chris

ezcreation
12-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Chris I am glad you came out for this issue. You seemed like a good guy and was very surprised to read about these facts. That said life can sometimes takes bad turns: I guess the only main downfault was the lack of communication, which is always the case in business.

Thanks for keeping AO informed

Swamp Thing
12-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Chris

I have not heard from the PD. I hope that they are going to give me an option to work this out in a civilized fashion. All I can say at this point from my end is that once I get my property back in a timely fashion I will not be vindictive in any way.

Swamp

flyingpootang
12-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Chris, Glad to see you back and willing to make every effort to set everything straight. Do the right thing and hopefully your integrity can be restored.....

bunny5
12-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Update: Just received everything back from chris that I needed. I received a tracking number and he packaged everything really well. It sucks it had to come down to this but I'm very pleased with the work that had been done.

I don't know whats been going on with Chris but hopefully he can come back and redeem himself. Just letting you other guys that it's almost over! No hard feelings Chris. this went alot better then the TAG Predator board.... :tard:

Swamp Thing
12-28-2009, 06:52 PM
I recieved my first package as expected. Second package is due any day.

As above wish it had not come to this but I am relieved to have both my X mags back in my hands and the work I asked him fore is done.

Swamp

Dend78
12-28-2009, 07:23 PM
great to hear guys hopefully you are correct in saying everything is back on track

Tombola
12-28-2009, 07:34 PM
So the guns are back in town, but whats with the money or the parts?

Dend78
12-28-2009, 07:42 PM
he seems to be working in the right direction so hopefully soon he can get everyone taken care of

Swamp Thing
01-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Just wanted to state that I did get all my stuff back from Chris and he did complete all the work asked for.

IF he keeps on this path I can see doing biz with him again down the road.

I can say it was painless but in the end it came out fine.

I will be having surgery tomm and off the boards for a while. I will return in a few weeks when my hand has healed from carpal tunnel surgery.

Swamp

Dend78
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Just wanted to state that I did get all my stuff back from Chris and he did complete all the work asked for.

IF he keeps on this path I can see doing biz with him again down the road.

I can say it was painless but in the end it came out fine.

I will be having surgery tomm and off the boards for a while. I will return in a few weeks when my hand has healed from carpal tunnel surgery.

Swamp

good to hear good luck with the surgery

:cheers:

Deathss
06-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Anybody ever get their Boards back from Chris? I have 4 markers sitting here without boards and Chris has yet to answer any of my emails or messages. I would even settle for the old boards back so I could go throw some paint.

Tombola
06-25-2010, 08:16 PM
same here, again. he replied to me once half a year ago. no hear since then. somebody has to call the police. that brought him back last time. :cool: :shooting:

Deathss
08-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I am calling tomorrow! :mad: :mad: :mad:

EvilCreature
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
He owes me a board as part of a trade I made with him in 2009? ... oh boy!

Tombola
01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
It has been years now. He still owes me 200 bucks. Are there more people?

steve_81
01-30-2012, 07:57 PM
I can't believe you guys are being this calm about this. Letting it go this long. I would have gotten on a plane and bashed the guys door down. It's your stuff not his! Start filing police reports to get your stuff and money back. The coward only came out when he was facing legal action. Do it again but this time follow through with it!

Ratt
03-28-2014, 11:11 PM
Anyone still missing parts? Has anyone heard from Chris in the past couple of years? I sent him a Tribal trigger frame and board way back when...never got them back :(

DarkApollo
03-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Wow, glad I read the thread.. Greencastle is about 40min west of me. I dont want to play vigilante but if someone can verify his address I can maybe see whats up.

Nobody
03-29-2014, 12:32 AM
according to AO, he hasn't posted since 02-27-2010 and the last post made is lost.

i really don't know if everything was handled, but i think it just ended up that all this business went down like the TAG boards, or Mongoose stuff. its sad that AO has a long history of good people(at the time, not the end result) with great ideas, but little return on them.

Bunny
03-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Wow, haven't seen that name in a while. I was actually able to get my ACE/Emag boards back from him with no issues. He seemed like an okay guy, but I don't think he was ready to invest the amount of time/energy that was needed for the amount of projects /services he was trying to provide. The only thing I have left is an old e-mail address.... chrisnearchos@hotmail.com

Spider-TW
03-31-2014, 04:31 PM
its sad that AO has a long history of good people(at the time, not the end result) with great ideas, but little return on them.

Sad, but I don't think it's AO as much as paintball in general.

I started to say "small business", but size hasn't seemed to matter in paintball. :rolleyes:

Nobody
03-31-2014, 05:54 PM
Sad, but I don't think it's AO as much as paintball in general.

I started to say "small business", but size hasn't seemed to matter in paintball. :rolleyes:

no its true. MCB and AO(i was saying AO because well, we are posting on AO) as well as countless other forums have seen people with the greatest of intentions run into the fact that people are impatient, people are demanding, expectations are over-blown, complications on all fronts(personal & professional), and a host of other details; that pre-orders or the next greatest part to come has maybe a 1/5 chance of ever seeing the hands of people who want it. its sad, but the people that have hope and the people that see not for the monetary effort, but because getting new parts, better parts can only help the whole community.

Spider-TW
04-01-2014, 09:56 AM
no its true. MCB and AO(i was saying AO because well, we are posting on AO) as well as countless other forums have seen people with the greatest of intentions run into the fact that people are impatient, people are demanding, expectations are over-blown, complications on all fronts(personal & professional), and a host of other details; that pre-orders or the next greatest part to come has maybe a 1/5 chance of ever seeing the hands of people who want it. its sad, but the people that have hope and the people that see not for the monetary effort, but because getting new parts, better parts can only help the whole community.

Agreed. I just meant it wasn't confined to AO. I don't think it's confined to paintball; we just get a good view of it on the forums.