PDA

View Full Version : Bottomline screws... A quick one.

Frizzle Fry
09-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I know most markers with a front-back screw pattern take a 10-32 bolt to hold the bottomline/ASA in place. Is the same true of markers with "Spyder style" ASAs that have side-by-side screws to attach them to the frame?

I'm buying some bulk supplies for about 20 other people so I want to be sure before I order, but I have access to only the ASAs and not the markers.

Sumthinwicked
09-08-2009, 10:36 PM
home depot or lowes and i think most 45 frames with an asa use them

fishmishin
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't believe they are the same. Kingman has always used metric sizes on their frames. If you give me until tomorrow afternoon when I get back to the store I will check for you though. I will pull one out of a frame. What model Spyder are you working with?

secretweaponevan
09-08-2009, 11:03 PM
This help?
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=223

Frizzle Fry
09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I know two of the ASAs are for JT Tac5 markers, one is for a Spyder Compact, and one is for a Spyder SE. The rest are a mystery I'm just acting as a middleman to get higher quality SS replacement screws of the right length for a handful of friends and former teammates.

I have an account with Northern Tools and can get bolts that would be $0.15 at Home Depot or a hardware stor for more like $0.02 a piece... I figured I'd buy a ton and never have to hunt through hardware stores again. Other people wanted in, so I asked to borrow the ASAs to make sure I didn't buy anything too long or too short.

It looks as though they're drilled to accept a bolt of the same girth, but threading would be an issue... Thanks for the help guys.