PDA

View Full Version : E-mag w/ ULT ?

fishmishin
09-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Okay so I read several times the ULT doesn't work in a e-mag. Why ?
Is it just because of the pin length difference?
What could you damage using a ULT in an e-mag?

The reason I ask is:
I was adjusting my lower magnet today in the new Tunablade I picked up, new experience for me since this is my first e-mag. Anyway I got the activation point set correctly and figured i would air it up and see what happens. Well it seems to work fine. Don't get me wrong I'm not getting any bounce in mech mode, but in e-mode it shoots pretty dang good. So what gives? I was sweating getting my e-mag on/off in with the quad o-rings and everything so I could shoot it for the first time, and the ULT seems to be working fairly well. Needless to say I did get to shot it today and I am really happy with it so far. It still has AGD 3.2 currently but I plan on looking into Xmod eventually. Anyway I just thought I would get some of you guys opinion on this, athomas where are you at?

A-Tach-One
09-09-2009, 09:45 AM
The ULT is not recommended with Emags because the ULT will slow down the return action of the sear. This doesn't mean it wont work, it just means your rof will be lower. The on/off is what resets the solenoid plunger and the ult does not generate enough return force to reset the plunger properly. You also have a good chance of bending the ULT pin.

Tunaman
09-09-2009, 10:21 AM
The ULT is not recommended with Emags because the ULT will slow down the return action of the sear. This doesn't mean it wont work, it just means your rof will be lower. The on/off is what resets the solenoid plunger and the ult does not generate enough return force to reset the plunger properly. You also have a good chance of bending the ULT pin.Not exactly. The ULT pin length is .740 stock. You couldn't add enough shims to get it down to the needed .712. Using the ULT in an emag will have an effect on the dwell resulting in sear/bolt wear. ;)

A-Tach-One
09-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Not exactly. The ULT pin length is .740 stock. You couldn't add enough shims to get it down to the needed .712. Using the ULT in an emag will have an effect on the dwell resulting in sear/bolt wear. ;)
;)

MANN
09-09-2009, 10:33 AM
because the ULT will slow down the return action of the sear.

Using the ULT in an emag will have an effect on the dwell resulting in sear/bolt wear. ;)

Whats the difference?

om3n
09-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Whats the difference?

Is it just the length of the pin? So if you filed down the ULT pin could it work without risk of excessive wear?

MANN
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Is it just the length of the pin? So if you filed down the ULT pin could it work without risk of excessive wear?

no. your ult does not give the return force of the rt on/off

I was stating that what A-Tach said was the same thing that tuna said. The delayed return is the dwell

Some emags with bad solenoids have ults installed. It is a bandaid to replacing the solenoids, and allows you to continue to shoot.

fishmishin
09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info guys !! I certainly don't want to cause any damage to my newly acquired e-mag, which is why I asked. I am running 6 shims in the ULT, but that only brings the pin down to .737, which isn't close enough to the e-mag pin. I do have a e-mag on/off in route and it should be here by this weekend, so I will be able to try it out before I tear everything back apart and start to send things of for work.

Also, when cleaning the solenoid, I have heard to use brasso to do so. Do I just clean the plunger itself or do I do the inside of the solenoid also?

Once again thanks guys !! :headbang:

Ando
09-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Is there a thread for care and maintenance of the lowers? Uppers are just like any other mag but I know of a few people, me included that just purchased lowers for the first time and aren't to inclinded on how to keep them in top performance.

I think it would behoove us all if something was written so we don't lose anymore due to some knucklehead thing one of us new E-Mag owners did.

AGD isn't making them anymore so what we have is it and parts aren't that easy to come by....unless your a fish in a can :p

fishmishin
09-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I am sure most of us have the already looked through these but maybe they will help for some folks to have them as a reference. I will add more if i come across them.

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/emaginstructions.pdf

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/emagexploded.pdf

http://www.niedtech.com/ Thanks BigE

Explains the battery charger needed
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=245375 Thanks Tuna

BigEvil
09-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Is there a thread for care and maintenance of the lowers? Uppers are just like any other mag but I know of a few people, me included that just purchased lowers for the first time and aren't to inclinded on how to keep them in top performance.

I think it would behoove us all if something was written so we don't lose anymore dude to some knucklehead thing one of us new E-Mag owners did.

AGD isn't making them anymore so what we have is it and parts aren't that easy to come by....unless your a fish in a can :p

The Xmod manual is a great source of info on the emag lowers. Specifically, how to adjust the noid plunger and trigger rod.

fishmishin
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
That it is, I was actually reading through it last night. I just didn't think about listing it thanks. I do believe you need to register as a member at http://www.niedtech.com/ I'm not sure if it is cool to link the manual itself, but if your messing with a e-mag it's not a bad ideal to get registered anyway.

Tunaman
09-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Whats the difference?Just stating WHY the dwell changes.