PDA

View Full Version : Flashing e-mag board questions

om3n
09-09-2009, 04:41 PM
So I just picked up some e-mag lowers and I am very much interested in flashing the board they came with to x-mod 1.8. I don't have the cable to flash the board but I see that many members on here do. I also have registered at niedtech.com and see that it's free to download x-mod, so I assume it's acceptable to flash my board too.

So my question, is anyone with a cable willing to flash my board for me? :) I would of course pay shipping both ways, and if someone requires I'll pay some money for it as well.

If so, please let me know

Thanks guys

TwilightG
09-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Contact Ruler_Mark. He does board flashes for a fee.

Or go straight to the source and contact LorneCash, the creator of Xmod ;)

jonmcfatty
09-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't think its free anymore, i'm pretty sure he charges $40.00, but i could be wrong

om3n
09-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Awesome thanks so much- I just pm'd him.

So can someone explain to me what "hybrid mode" is? I know it's somewhere between mechanical and electronic, but I just don't understand how it works :confused:

GRimm
09-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Basically hybrid is having the gun in mech mode while still having the battery pin out. so in short you still are tripping the hall effect sensor but since it is in mech you have the reactivity of mech mode as well. Its hard to describe but it truley is an awsome mode of shooting.

om3n
09-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Is everyone supposed to charge $50 dollars? Did the person who wrote the program (lorne) request this and is he the one who gets the money?

Because I did contact ruler_mark and he said it costs $50 for a license for it.

Well then why is it available to download for free on Lorne's website :confused:

BigEvil
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Is everyone supposed to charge $50 dollars? Did the person who wrote the program (lorne) request this and is he the one who gets the money?

Because I did contact ruler_mark and he said it costs $50 for a license for it.

Well then why is it available to download for free on Lorne's website :confused:

You can get the software for free from Lornecash, but the programmer and cables needed cost $100.

om3n
09-09-2009, 08:32 PM
You can get the software for free from Lornecash, but the programmer and cables needed cost $100.

So Lorne want's people to pay to flash the board? Will he do it himself? And if Ruler_Mark or another member flashed the board for me would they get to keep the money or would Lornecash?

om3n
09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Contact Ruler_Mark. He does board flashes for a fee.

Or go straight to the source and contact LorneCash, the creator of Xmod ;)

OH you say for a FEE :tard:

I thought you said for free... my mistake :rolleyes: Now I feel like a total fool...

BigEvil
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
So Lorne want's people to pay to flash the board? Will he do it himself? And if Ruler_Mark or another member flashed the board for me would they get to keep the money or would Lornecash?

Not sure of the specifics, but RM is the ONLY person authorized by Lornecash to flash boards. I do not think Lornecash does it for people.

om3n
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Not sure of the specifics, but RM is the ONLY person authorized by Lornecash to flash boards. I do not think Lornecash does it for people.

I see. So then why are all these programming cables for sale and abundant around AO?... Do people buy them and illegally flash their boards? It doesn't seem to be a wise investment if it costs $50 to flash the board legally

BigEvil
09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
I see. So then why are all these programming cables for sale and abundant around AO?... Do people buy them and illegally flash their boards? It doesn't seem to be a wise investment if it costs $50 to flash the board legally

Well, once you buy the board and stuff from Lornecashe you get the rights to flash your gun.

TwilightG
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
There's a thread somewhere around here explaining it all and I'm too lazy to look for it ;)

Basically put, it's like buying software.
If you install software on your computer but then sell off or give the software away, you technically should uninstall it since you no longer own it.

However, Ruler_Mark has been given permission to flash boards for a fee where some amount of the proceeds go to LorneCash. I think LC will also flash boards for a fee but given that he still has quite a few programmers left, he'd rather sell them off.

There's a few other specifics too that I know I'm missing but that's the general jist of it.

om3n
09-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, once you buy the board and stuff from Lornecashe you get the rights to flash your gun.

Alright, well I guess that's my only option then.

Thanks for the help BigEvil, I guess I'll be saving my pennies for this now...

Is it always $100 for a programming cable?

MANN
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Alright, well I guess that's my only option then.

Thanks for the help BigEvil, I guess I'll be saving my pennies for this now...

Is it always $100 for a programming cable?

iirc they are 120ish new shipped. you can find them used for 100ish.

Tunaman
09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Not sure of the specifics, but RM is the ONLY person authorized by Lornecash to flash boards. I do not think Lornecash does it for people.I also have authorization from Lornecash to do the Xmod flash. There is competition in this market...

om3n
09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I also have authorization from Lornecash to do the Xmod flash. There is competition in this market...

really? pm'd

BigEvil
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I also have authorization from Lornecash to do the Xmod flash. There is competition in this market...

News to me. Let me know when you want me to teach you how it works :p

Ruler_Mark
09-10-2009, 12:30 AM

Thanks, now I can defer the vast HIGH demand of people sending in thier guns lol. I can say I've done like 3-4 tops in the past year.

om3n
09-10-2009, 08:42 AM

Tuna, you need to empty your pm box.

I think AO needs to up the limit on pm's because it seems every member I pm has their box full any more :p

Tunaman
09-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Tuna, you need to empty your pm box.

I think AO needs to up the limit on pm's because it seems every member I pm has their box full any more :ptry it again

om3n
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Done :cheers:

om3n
09-15-2009, 10:04 PM
is lornecache's AO name LorneCash?

cockerpunk
09-15-2009, 10:31 PM
he was smart enough not to fight for rights for the software because he knew that the university would own those rights.

om3n
09-15-2009, 10:38 PM
he was smart enough not to fight for rights for the software because he knew that the university would own those rights.

What do you mean?

cockerpunk
09-16-2009, 12:13 AM
What do you mean?

most of the time, any work you do while in college i signed over to university. they own the intellectual property on it. so since he choose to not sell it for profit, then the university's intellectual property on it is worthless.

universities own hundreds of patents, its the reason why so much research is done in universities. university of minnesota makes about a billion a year on patents.

om3n
09-16-2009, 08:38 AM
most of the time, any work you do while in college i signed over to university. they own the intellectual property on it. so since he choose to not sell it for profit, then the university's intellectual property on it is worthless.

universities own hundreds of patents, its the reason why so much research is done in universities. university of minnesota makes about a billion a year on patents.

So your saying that he is selling it for profit? or that $40 doesn't qualify for profit? I'm confused...

sig11
09-16-2009, 09:18 AM
So your saying that he is selling it for profit? or that $40 doesn't qualify for profit? I'm confused...

He made the money on selling programmers because the software was part of his EE capstone. If he sold the software the school come after him for some $$.

om3n
09-16-2009, 09:25 AM
He made the money on selling programmers because the software was part of his EE capstone. If he sold the software the school come after him for some $$.

But isn't he selling the software? He wants me to pay him for it

EDIT

Look guys I would like to say I'm not trying to cause problems, I'm just asking questions. If I should just pay him the money shut my mouth and leave it at that, that's what I'll do. I just have been receiving conflicting information and I'm trying to do what's right.

cockerpunk
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
you can download the software for free

you just need a programmer. he is charging you for the programmer.

Dend78
09-16-2009, 04:02 PM
now i have a question here if im reading the top post correctly you already have xmod 1.8 but you wanna get it flashed for xmod :confused: or am i just reading it wrong and you have AGD software on it?

om3n
09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
now i have a question here if im reading the top post correctly you already have xmod 1.8 but you wanna get it flashed for xmod :confused: or am i just reading it wrong and you have AGD software on it?

No, it's free to download it onto your computer, but it's not legal to flash it to your gun's board- you have to pay royalties for using the flashing cable if I have this straight.

BenoitOWN
09-16-2009, 04:59 PM
You have an agd board version and you want to get xmod 1.8 .

You either pay 50$ for having Lorne or an authorized person to flash your board per gun
OR
You buy a Programmer that Lorne have made and you have nothing to pay no matter how many e-mag you have.

When you sell the programmer -you need to put back old version- on the gun

sig11
09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
No, it's free to download it onto your computer, but it's not legal to flash it to your gun's board- you have to pay royalties for using the flashing cable if I have this straight.

I bought my cable from Atmel... so can anyone else. ;)

om3n
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM

you have a pm coming :)

cockerpunk
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
if you read the license, it says if you have a programer you can flash anyones guns.

however, it does say that you cannot charge for board flashings with his software.

Beemer
09-16-2009, 10:07 PM

you have a pm coming :)

if you read the license, it says if you have a programer you can flash anyones guns.

however, it does say that you cannot charge for board flashings with his software.

You guys make me sick.

If you acquire the software on a board in some way and didnt pay you are STEALING from one of us[US]. If you pass it on in some way that Paul doesnt get his due YOU ARE STEALING from him and US.

Who said they want to do the right thing?? This is AO STOP ripping yourselves off. :nono:

om3n
09-16-2009, 10:13 PM
You guys make me sick.

If you acquire the software on a board in some way and didnt pay you are STEALING from one of us[US]. If you pass it on in some way that Paul doesnt get his due YOU ARE STEALING from him and US.

Who said they want to do the right thing?? This is AO STOP ripping yourselves off. :nono:

Man people like to jump to conclusions...

please note the time of this pm pictured below, I'm not trying to rip anyone off.

And by the way, I DO want to do the right thing. I asked sig questions about flashing the board because I was considering asking him if he would allow me to borrow his cord to flash the board myself, this way I wouldn't have to mail my frame, just mail the cord back and forth between us.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/om3n07/proof-4.jpg

Beemer
09-16-2009, 10:30 PM
^^ok GOOD for you but that is not how SOME have been in the past. Kudos to you. :clap: :hail: Sorry I jumped the gun but some folks around here[not you]need a smack. :cheers: